ADVERTISEMENT

Football Attendance

Is there anything in it, when complete, that will make our peers, who have already been making facility improvements for years and even decades, while our leaders sat on their butts, say, 'wow, look at what Middle Tennessee has done in facilities, we've got do what they've done'????

Somehow, I doubt it. Hope I am wrong. We're playing catch up. Not sure they completely understand the concept of leap frog.

Is there anything in it, when complete, that will make our peers, who have already been making facility improvements for years and even decades, while our leaders sat on their butts, say, 'wow, look at what Middle Tennessee has done in facilities, we've got do what they've done'????

Somehow, I doubt it. Hope I am wrong. We're playing catch up. Not sure they completely understand the concept of leap frog.
I will say this, as someone who pays way too much attention to facility improvements this should leap frog a lot of people. A 66 million dollar football ops center is big money especially for the G5. Normally those facilities are in the 30-40 million range for G5.

I’ll be massively disappointed if this isn’t one of the top facilities in the G5. To put that in perspective, Jacksonville St was planning 80 million for a dormitory, dining facility and football ops center all in one. They scaled it back to be broken up into different projects. EMU built theirs in 2018 for 20 million. Heck even South Carolina’s was only 50 million.

I will say this, as someone who pays way too much attention to facility improvements this should leap frog a lot of people. A 66 million dollar football ops center is big money especially for the G5. Normally those facilities are in the 30-40 million range for G5.

I’ll be massively disappointed if this isn’t one of the top facilities in the G5. To put that in perspective, Jacksonville St was planning 80 million for a dormitory, dining facility and football ops center all in one. They scaled it back to be broken up into different projects. EMU built theirs in 2018 for 20 million. Heck even South Carolina’s was only 50 million.
have they started moving out the weight room and tearing down the building yet?

Reactions: SpaceRaider
have they started moving out the weight room and tearing down the building yet?
May have missed it, but haven't seen anything or heard anything at this point, except for the work on the tennis courts. Thought we would have heard something by now on that.

I'm not gonna tell anyone how to spend their money, but if you're on the fence considering donating to BRAA, consider donating to the BuildBlueNow over the general fund

1) BuildBlueNow facilities will be critical in recruiting the next coach (whenever that may happen)
2) BuildBlueNow facilities give the players facilities on par with peer institutions
3) If you own a business, look at NIL opportunities to give money straight to players

Again, if you elect to stop giving to BRAA altogether, that's fine. It's your money. But without BuildBlueNow, MT falls further behind.

May have missed it, but haven't seen anything or heard anything at this point, except for the work on the tennis courts. Thought we would have heard something by now on that.
I work in construction and the plan is for it to start really moving in June/July. I know the GC is working on their subcontractors right now. If you’ve ever dealt with construction you know timelines can change daily so don’t hold me to it.

I work in construction and the plan is for it to start really moving in June/July. I know the GC is working on their subcontractors right now. If you’ve ever dealt with construction you know timelines can change daily so don’t hold me to it.
I've been told there is a good chance that dirt will be moved this month. HUGE moment in MT athletic history!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT