ADVERTISEMENT

Facilities Ground Breaking Announced!!!

Put them over the blue seats. Most are not used anyway.
They'd be used if they weren't so freaking close together. I prefer to sit there as I like the home side and want a back, but those things are way too close together.

They'd be used if they weren't so freaking close together. I prefer to sit there as I like the home side and want a back, but those things are way too close together.
Yep, when I had my blue chairback seats, it was snug. I'm 6'3" and really had to drape my legs over the seats in front of me to actually feel somewhat comfortable.

We sat in the blue seats when we first started going to games in 2005. They are too close and the folks that sat around us never cheered or got loud. It was like a funeral parlor.
I always thought the players families should get first dibs on the blue seats.

We sat in the blue seats when we first started going to games in 2005. They are too close and the folks that sat around us never cheered or got loud. It was like a funeral parlor.
I always thought the players families should get first dibs on the blue seats.
I'd support that. I've always bought them off SeatGeek or something. So someone's season tickets. Even got a Greenland pass with them one year. I need to see what the "small seat cushion" policy means. Buy an extra seat on the benches for some space and call it a day.

When I went to Blacksburg a couple years ago I bought someone's season spots for that day. They put metal frame seat cushions on all season ticket spots. Was quite nice.

Reactions: MTTim and ewglenn
I'd support that. I've always bought them off SeatGeek or something. So someone's season tickets. Even got a Greenland pass with them one year. I need to see what the "small seat cushion" policy means. Buy an extra seat on the benches for some space and call it a day.

When I went to Blacksburg a couple years ago I bought someone's season spots for that day. They put metal frame seat cushions on all season ticket spots. Was quite nice.
Clemson does that too. It is an easy thing to do and actually is neat seeing all of the season ticket holder seats. This article shows them.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
I saw somewhere the new one is the same footprint as the old one, just full digital. No signage trim. I wonder if the football will be same way or actually bigger.
My understanding is it will be the same just all digital. Probably cheaper to go that route.

Another up and coming program that will pass MT within 5 years.
naw, they will struggle financially. they can't package the hope scholarship anymore to get players. Hell they loss homecoming to TSU today

all good, what about the football stadium. I know they not going to play games in that 8500 seat stadium
Yeah they are. There are plans to expand it. It is designed like Charlotte's with outside rim decking that can easily have stands added.

But honestly unless support requires it, they don't have to. The NCAA passed just last week some new rules removing the attendance requirement.

Of note for CUSA with those new rules, the NCAA also upped the FBS entrance fee for FCS schools from $5k to $5m.

Yeah they are. There are plans to expand it. It is designed like Charlotte's with outside rim decking that can easily have stands added.

But honestly unless support requires it, they don't have to. The NCAA passed just last week some new rules removing the attendance requirement.

Of note for CUSA with those new rules, the NCAA also upped the FBS entrance fee for FCS schools from $5k to $5m.
if an FCS team wants to move 5 million is not stopping them.

Reactions: ewglenn
naw, they will struggle financially. they can't package the hope scholarship anymore to get players. Hell they loss homecoming to TSU today
Sounds like they are already equal to us today.
Their leadership has a vision. Ours can't see a damn thing.

all good, what about the football stadium. I know they not going to play games in that 8500 seat stadium
Football already has plans in place to expand. They haven’t released official renderings yet but they are planning to horseshoe it in. I would expect them to be 15-20k when all said and done. They also have it in the works to potentially build a new stadium on a piece of property later down the road if demand is there. The current stadium is tight on space. It is a great area though and would be a fun road trip.

Page 59

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
Football already has plans in place to expand. They haven’t released official renderings yet but they are planning to horseshoe it in. I would expect them to be 15-20k when all said and done. They also have it in the works to potentially build a new stadium on a piece of property later down the road if demand is there. The current stadium is tight on space. It is a great area though and would be a fun road trip.

Page 59
I know where the stadiumis at, I live in the Metro

I know where the stadiumis at, I live in the Metro

Out of curiosity, why do you dislike Kennesaw State so much? I’ve noticed you really have a negative take about them.

I’ve had a completely different experience/feel for them living down here for the past decade than you seem to have for that school.

Out of curiosity, why do you dislike Kennesaw State so much? I’ve noticed you really have a negative take about them.

I’ve had a completely different experience/feel for them living down here for the past decade than you seem to have for that school.
nothing wrong with the school, they just aren't ready athleticly. You can't package hope and Pell now to load the roster. You actually have to spend the money. They should've waited a few more years. All those 5 and 7 year seniors from the start up graduated and he has gone down hill. Best assistants are at Navy now and the HC at Navy. Also there were much better candidates out there that are facilities ready as well as comp ready. SIU, UCA, UD, SEMO, and EKU. I know EKU was
probably not fan favorite of MT and WKU since all they did was whoop our asses, when it mattered. EKU was the other finalist for the Sun Belt when they invited Coastal. KSU has no fans 3500 attendance.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT