ADVERTISEMENT

Facilities Ground Breaking Announced!!!

First off, no coach who has a couple of national championships at any level is coming here. Period! He will have options besides us.
Lance Leipold won six Division III national championships before he was hired by the University at Buffalo.

Any Division I university should be able to easily hire a Division III, Division II, or NAIA coach.

Reactions: ewglenn and mtfblue
Mike Houston won one national championship and is having success at ECU.

Todd Dodge was a high school coach. Never won a national championship.

Chad Morris was a high school coach. Never won a national championship.

Craig Bohl won multiple national championships and he is more successful at Wyoming than his predecessor. He has had winning seasons five out of the past seven years. Will he continue to build the program or has he peaked? I don't know.

All that said, I'm choosing a coach who has won multiple national championships over someone who has won only one, a high school coach who has won a bunch of state championships, an unproven coordinator, and the absolute worst choice would be a position coach.
And the best guy we're forgetting Brian Kelly D2 to FBS and every school he went to was success.

Reactions: MTLynn
ESPN could do a 30 for 30 for sure on it.
“What if I told you that one university kept the same president and the same AD for 18 years? And the football coach was still employed for 17 seasons while managing a .500 record.

Not every school is a blue blood. Some struggle to survive. Others thrive in the middle.

What if I told you the same school was located near the middle of the state?

Living in the Middle. This Tuesday. ESPN2 7:00pm.“

“What if I told you that one university kept the same president and the same AD for 18 years? And the football coach was still employed for 17 seasons while managing a .500 record.

Not every school is a blue blood. Some struggle to survive. Others thrive in the middle.

What if I told you the same school was located near the middle of the state?

Living in the Middle. This Tuesday. ESPN2 7:00pm.“
Already got the opening theme song. "Stuck in the Middle with you" by Stealers Wheel 1972.

Honestly, I’ve been holding my breath that the folks in our Athletics Dept. didn’t try to ride the coattails of FAU and UNT post season successes. Seriously. That’s the stuff they do. Grab any flimsy piece of PR to justify their sorry .500 agenda.

Baseball is back to .500!!!! Yippee 🥳

Last edited:
Honestly, I’ve been holding my breath that the folks in our Athletics Dept. didn’t try to ride the coattails of FAU and UNT post season successes. Seriously. That’s the stuff they do. Grab any flimsy piece of PR to justify their sorry .500 agenda.

You mean like the players getting a Hawaii Bowl ring which also mentions the score of the Miami Hurricane game????

• Haha
Reactions: FranklinRaider315
You mean like the players getting a Hawaii Bowl ring which also mentions the score of the Miami Hurricane game????
Yikes.......first I'm hearing of this. The score of a game that had nothing to do with the actual bowl was put on the bowl ring?

That is what most of the SEC has been doing for over a decade now.

Yikes.......first I'm hearing of this. The score of a game that had nothing to do with the actual bowl was put on the bowl ring?
I think the argument could be made that it is a celebration of the season that led to the bowl victory, but still dumb to put a score of a game vs. an opponent that was overranked at 25 and finished 5-7 on anything.

Miami finished 5-7. Putting that on a bowl ring is just crazy to me but what do I know.
To include the score for a victory over a team that finished #62 in national rankings on your bowl ring is really reaching

They did. Lower left pic shows it.
Honestly I don't have a problem with this...this time. First win over a then ranked opponent.

Now do it again and it'll bug me.

I don't really have a problem with it. I'm all for rewarding the kids that busted their tails off and frankly, I don't care where Miami ended up, that was a pretty big upset and a nice thing for them to remember. Good for them.

The coaches, OTOH, can go kick rocks.

Are there any planned renovations to Floyd being considered, not associated with the SAPC and the future video scoreboard?

I was thinking like concourses and team store type stuff, or is that all included in the SAPC funs, and I just don't know about it?

Are there any planned renovations to Floyd being considered, not associated with the SAPC and the future video scoreboard?

I was thinking like concourses and team store type stuff, or is that all included in the SAPC funs, and I just don't know about it?
The Master Plan has some other things but part of that has already been changed. Initial renders of the north endzone had field level suites and boxes above them, but the latest renders has standard seating.

Master also shoes student section moving to the south endzone with a field level club. Idk what they will do with the beer garden then. An expansion of the Hendrix Club is planned as well.

All that can be done later so idk if more than. The SAPC is planned for now or not. Lord knows Lightning's needs expanded for sure. Concessions could use some improvement as well.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
Our “leadership” if you want to call it that lacks vision and generally competence as well.

IPF should have come first. With Bidens inflation by the time we get to it the price will probably be double and we’ll have to delay it another five years from that date.
Our leadership brought us this possibility in the first place. The plan looks good! Also, the inflation is world-wide, but much lower in the USA, so we're going to be fine with the plan.

It stinks but these things take time. The science building was planned back when I was there 98-02. The school spent $20m on planning, design, permits, etc before ground was even broken and the other $127m was spent.

Ground was broken for the SAPC in Jan. Some equipment movement happened then but bulk had to wait till basketball season was over. Not to mention weight room is in a dance studio now, who had to move too. Part of the marketing team moved out of the HOF to the Floyd press box as well so part of the football staff could move to the HOF. A lot had to wait till after spring semester was over.

I'm just glad it finally is in gear.

Reactions: AustinLewis
Flashback

If we could at least just get started on the horse, our gorgeous big beautiful flying horse! It would give us all something to rally around in the community seeing that we're finally getting things off to a rousing start. Every day & game we could drive by look up & see that really big white flying horse in front of our stadium & know we proudly have things under way in a positive manner the way our administration wants! Know what I mean?

If we could at least just get started on the horse, our gorgeous big beautiful flying horse! It would give us all something to rally around in the community seeing that we're finally getting things off to a rousing start. Every day & game we could drive by look up & see that really big white flying horse in front of our stadium & know we proudly have things under way in a positive manner the way our administration wants! Know what I mean?
I really hope they remove that due to inflation. A big blue concrete MT in that circle would be great and a lot cheaper.

I despise that pegasus. My truck decal, yard sign, most of my shirts, hats, and even my tattoo are just the plain MT without the pegasus. I wish they would drop that from the logo permanently. The MT as we have it is perfect and all we need.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT