ADVERTISEMENT

Facilities Ground Breaking Announced!!!

I would bet old rick is sitting back in his Lazy Boy in his shiny new office while wku future pro QBs are throwing the ball around in that IPF long before an MT IPF's first concrete is ever poured.
Sad but true. I dare day WKU may have been in cahoots with us, until the MAC mess. I mean $ wise it was the right choice, but I truly wonder down the road if it was. Only time will tell.

I will always think though that the IPF should've been phase 1 and would essentially be done by now. I mean literally all you need is a prefab metal building with some brickwork. I really hope it gets done but a large part of me worries it won't.

When we had our pro day at Oakland years ago, that should've been the writing on the wall and the IPF be started immediately, $ in hand or not.

Speaking of IPF...made me think of track. Has anyone else noticed the maintenance that needs done at Hayes? Last I saw they had weeds growing all around the track itself.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
IPF is one thing...

But having been in our press box several times recently, it is embarrassing. It's 25 years old at this point, and it SHOWS. Dire need of repairs/upgrades.

I don't understand how things operate with us. Now they have to spend millions here and there. When if they would've done things over time, upkeep etc, it wouldn't cost near as much. Don't build something and not touch it for 25yrs. Who does that? Heck, even Walmart remodels stores every 8yrs.

I don't understand how things operate with us. Now they have to spend millions here and there. When if they would've done things over time, upkeep etc, it wouldn't cost near as much. Don't build something and not touch it for 25yrs. Who does that? Heck, even Walmart remodels stores every 8yrs.
Just the way governmental enterprises operate vs the way private ones do. Not to get too political but you saw the result on your 401k balance when a business man was running the government.

Just the way governmental enterprises operate vs the way private ones do. Not to get too political but you saw the result on your 401k balance when a business man was running the government.

I don't buy this. It's another excuse. Most other schools in other states are "state-run" institutions and build things and do things just fine. The problem here isn't the enterprise. It's the culture of this one and the people currently in charge of it.

I don't buy this. It's another excuse. Most other schools in other states are "state-run" institutions and build things and do things just fine. The problem here isn't the enterprise. It's the culture of this one and the people currently in charge of it.
I agree...

We are being controlled by old hacks who are on cruise control until they retire. Like our FB coaching staff, their culture is merely to cash checks.

MT is literally running a retirement home with pay for old retread buddies of a hack coach with no aspirations to win championships. Frankly, he's incapable of winning an outright title.

I was simply pointing out the nature of a public vs private enterprise. Two different animals altogether. Now, when you couple that with the fact that MT is being led by the Three Stooges (plus one if you include SS), the effect is doubly infuriating.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
It's true that govt enterprises move slower, but like said, our admin makes it worse.

Marshall has gotten tons of $ due to WV Governor Justice, a Marshall alum, pulling for it. WVU got $ when Joe Manchin, an alum, was Governor, and now with him as Senator. Schools need political prowess and clout themselves as well as friends in high places. Not to mention large donors. I mean WVU's largest donor has the MLB team he owns in the World Series.

We have neither the clout, friends, nor huge donors. And things we could pull off are hogtied by "our" board that doesn't have the "our" best interests in mind at all and our President that has no gumption to push the status quo.

It's fully a combination of things.

Reactions: BRaiderDave
When it comes to finance, the best academics are those who spent time in both the private world & in academia. In our case it feels like our decision makers have spent their entire lives working in the educational field without venturing to the private world one day.
Just like Dan Aykroyd said in Ghost Busters, "I've worked the private sector, they expect results."

MT is being led by the Three Stooges (plus one if you include SS)
Need a meme with the MT stooges

iu

That's super cool and honestly not a bad price. Could probably do a bit cheaper though. Stuff like that helps make it an event. Be even cooler if they'd let you in early to tailgate so to speak a bit.

Reactions: ewglenn
We received about $5M more this past year than we would have ordinarily expected to receive from the conference by not leaving. So, you basically already have it. And as noted by others what would be brought in by a change might offset a lot of the losses.

In a normal situation this would get done and a settlement would be negotiated for the move - probably down to $3M or something like that (which is still absurd), but this ain’t no normal situation. And because it’s harder than not doing it - it therefore won’t happen.

It's true that govt enterprises move slower, but like said, our admin makes it worse.

Marshall has gotten tons of $ due to WV Governor Justice, a Marshall alum, pulling for it. WVU got $ when Joe Manchin, an alum, was Governor, and now with him as Senator. Schools need political prowess and clout themselves as well as friends in high places. Not to mention large donors. I mean WVU's largest donor has the MLB team he owns in the World Series.

We have neither the clout, friends, nor huge donors. And things we could pull off are hogtied by "our" board that doesn't have the "our" best interests in mind at all and our President that has no gumption to push the status quo.

It's fully a combination of things.
So, who is running for governor from this board? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: MidTennMtneer
The new 2023 Sapphire Circle is marketed for a minimum $25,000 gift.
How many folks can you count in those pictures? 15 maybe? I’m not belittling what Lee and Hans are trying to accomplish but I was once told by one of their BRAA predecessors that “Winning” is what drives success or failure of athletics fundraising.” All one has to do is look at the pictures of an empty Floyd stadium on game day by halftime.

The new 2023 Sapphire Circle is marketed for a minimum $25,000 gift.
How many folks can you count in those pictures? 15 maybe? I’m not belittling what Lee and Hans are trying to accomplish but I was once told by one of their BRAA predecessors that “Winning” is what drives success or failure of athletics fundraising.” All one has to do is look at the pictures of an empty Floyd stadium on game day by halftime.
And CM, Stock, and McD (I don't currently have a problem with him...let's see after this season though) are all members.

All one has to do is look at the pictures of an empty Floyd stadium on game day by halftime.

And when you juxtapose that with our supposed peers (WKU, Troy, Coastal, Liberty, App St, etc.) and see all the people supporting them and basically none in our stands.......how can our admin and board not have some insight that we might have a problem (and have had a problem for several years....)

It's sad and pathetic. It's so deflating, infuriating, and mentally exhausting that I can hardly even think about or talk about the situation anymore. Quite simply, my alma mater's football program has been taken hostage and ran into the ground.

I know I keep saying this, but I really don't think it matters anymore. We got left out of the last major realignment, and since then we've shown we are closer to a UL-Monroe than a James Madison, App St., etc. Perhaps we are right where we belong with all these FCS to FBS start-ups and bottom of the barrel programs like FIU and UTEP.

Reactions: BRaiderDave
And CM, Stock, and McD (I don't currently have a problem with him...let's see after this season though) are all members.

How could you miss Mike Polly in that list? He is #18 right after the Estate of Dr. Liz Rhea. This oughta be fun to watch after sWiley sees this.

Last edited:
How could you miss Mike Polly in that list? He is #18 right after the Estate of Dr. Liz Rhea. This oughta be fun to watch after sWiley sees this.

Dude's doing everything he can to hang on to his job. He's trying to make it close to impossible for Stock to fire him. How could he ? He's a Sapphire member and his wife is a life-long, big time MT supporter/organizer for the University.

It's a shame he just couldn't do a better job and justify his employment that way....

It's such a Little Middle situation, too. Small town feel/politics and friendships borderline feeling like family now because these assistants and their families have been around for so long. I'd suspect many of their kids have grown up together, wives spend time together, so on and so forth. One big happy family..... How could Stockstill fire any of them ? They're so ingrained into the community because they've been here for far too long....and now it's impossible to get rid of them regardless if our OL is the worst in D1.

Dude's doing everything he can to hang on to his job. He's trying to make it close to impossible for Stock to fire him. How could he ? He's a Sapphire member and his wife is a life-long, big time MT supporter/organizer for the University.

It's a shame he just couldn't do a better job and justify his employment that way....

It's such a Little Middle situation, too. Small town feel/politics and friendships borderline feeling like family now because these assistants and their families have been around for so long. I'd suspect many of their kids have grown up together, wives spend time together, so on and so forth. One big happy family..... How could Stockstill fire any of them ? They're so ingrained into the community because they've been here for far too long....and now it's impossible to get rid of them regardless if our OL is the worst in D1.
One good thing about our crappy OL. Watching them on Saturdays prepares me for the same misery with the Titans on Sundays. Kinda like eating a sugar cube before swallowing the medicine.

Where's this building at?
Agreement with an off-capmus facility?

Isn't that the bldg next to the team clubhouse on the east side of the baseball field? I've had season tickets in the past to bsb, but not been inside there. I looked through the media guide and the website but haven't seen pictures of the inside. Maybe we have pics now with that tweet/X?

Isn't that the bldg next to the team clubhouse on the east side of the baseball field? I've had season tickets in the past to bsb, but not been inside there. I looked through the media guide and the website but haven't seen pictures of the inside. Maybe we have pics now with that tweet/X?
I always assumed that whole building was the clubhouse. As in team meeting room, offices, locker rooms, press room, etc. Never imagined the possibility of a training area inside it. If so, kudos to the donors indeed. It looks great.

Reactions: ldeleon5
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT