ADVERTISEMENT

Facilities Ground Breaking Announced!!!

I want to say so many negative things about this, because there are plenty to discuss and note.

But

I'll try to be positive. I'm curious to see how much $66 million gets you these days. Eagerly awaiting it's completion. I'm happy for the current players and some of the staff who will get to experience and enjoy this. Does anyone know when it will be done?

I want to say so many negative things about this, because there are plenty to discuss and note.

But

I'll try to be positive. I'm curious to see how much $66 million gets you these days. Eagerly awaiting it's completion. I'm happy for the current players and some of the staff who will get to experience and enjoy this. Does anyone know when it will be done?
There are absolutely some negative things to say. This should've happened 15yrs ago. But it is happening now. 😁

I tweeted (are they still gonna be called that?) out asking Lee, CM, and Larry about completion and final render.

Reactions: ewglenn
Yeah hopefully we get an announcement on starting phase 2. That is really needed if we’re wanting an AAC invite. I’m on the fence about that invite but I still want us to be able to give our coaches the best shot at being successful.

Seeing that weight room demolished is wild to see. I remember when it was new and Coach Andy was touting it as an upgrade over what they had back in the late 90s. Man I feel old.

Honestly, the weight room wasn't THAT bad. It could have been one of the last things to go, and we could have probably upgraded around it and maybe even renovated/repurposed it into the new SAPC. But we desperately needed the SAPC and all the upgrades that it brings and I'm sure that building stood in the way of their plans. So off it goes.

I would love to see some serious renovations to the stadium, murphy center, and an indoor practice facility ASAP. It's now or never to get this done. We've got increased student fee's, increased CUSA revenue, and a solid $$$ drive going. I hope it's not too late.

Honestly, the weight room wasn't THAT bad. It could have been one of the last things to go, and we could have probably upgraded around it and maybe even renovated/repurposed it into the new SAPC. But we desperately needed the SAPC and all the upgrades that it brings and I'm sure that building stood in the way of their plans. So off it goes.

I would love to see some serious renovations to the stadium, murphy center, and an indoor practice facility ASAP. It's now or never to get this done. We've got increased student fee's, increased CUSA revenue, and a solid $$$ drive going. I hope it's not too late.
We need to get this going asap or get left behind.

Its looking more and more that no life raft is coming for the remaining 4 PAC schools. They have two paths forward. 1) Join the MW. 2) Add four schools from the AAC. They will not be adding schools from the MW as the MW buyout is too high.

So, what matters to us is who from the AAC gets the call. It would be surprising if Memphis is not in that group.
I would guess Tulane, Memphis, SMU and UAB.

If those four chose to leave I really think we get the call to the AAC.

Its looking more and more that no life raft is coming for the remaining 4 PAC schools. They have two paths forward. 1) Join the MW. 2) Add four schools from the AAC. They will not be adding schools from the MW as the MW buyout is too high.

So, what matters to us is who from the AAC gets the call. It would be surprising if Memphis is not in that group.

I agree with your 4 teams. SMU 100% will be out and should be. The others make sense, except maybe UAB. I could see UTSA perhaps before them, just to have 2 TX teams and closer geographically.

Man if MT gets an invite, I will be thrilled. It's our lifeline as well, if not and we stay CUSA, it's over for us.

Tulsa beforeUAB, but why move if they're losing P5 status?

No current AAC team will be leaving anytime soon. Alignment is about over except for a very few teams. MT will be in CUSA for the foreseeable future.

No current AAC team will be leaving anytime soon. Alignment is about over except for a very few teams. MT will be in CUSA for the foreseeable future.

Not necessarily true. The PACs most likely survival (short of merging with the MWC or AAC) will involve inviting at least three AAC schools.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
Not necessarily true. The PACs most likely survival (short of merging with the MWC or AAC) will involve inviting at least three AAC schools.
I just dont see how the PAC will survive. If they do pick from the AAC I doubt the money will be there to cover increased travel. My opinion is the four remaining schools will be absorbed by either the AAC, MWC or both. Who knows.

I just dont see how the PAC will survive. If they do pick from the AAC I doubt the money will be there to cover increased travel. My opinion is the four remaining schools will be absorbed by either the AAC, MWC or both. Who knows.
Tbh, I don't think Stanford / Cals of the world want to be in a conference with AAC members like FIU (for the same reason Duke & GaTech wouldn't want to be in a conference with MT) : Academics. There's too much pride to reduce themselves to be conference mates with FIU / MT type schools (for better or worse, right or wrong).

Something is cooking. Will continue to cook.

FSU, UNC, Clemson, NC State voted against expansion for a reason. They're probably angling for invitation / reason to leave ACC.

Big 12 & Cal / Stanford isn't dead (yet). Keep an eye on SMU in ALL of this. They've got $$$ to burn to move & a market to offer.

Big 12 & Cal / Stanford isn't dead (yet). Keep an eye on SMU in ALL of this. They've got $$$ to burn to move & a market to offer.
Big 12 already has DFW with TCU And I don’t think they would support adding another team across town. SMU adds a lot of donors and an affluent alumni base, but it’s sort of canabalizing the market.

SMU to PAC makes more sense to me. Add SDSU, Tulane and 1 more AAC team and your set. SMU, SD and Tulane keep your academics high and gain good markets. I‘m still surprised we hear nothing from PAC trying to save the conference. Does Massaro have a twin brother running the PAC? Lol 😂

Big 12 already has DFW with TCU And I don’t think they would support adding another team across town. SMU adds a lot of donors and an affluent alumni base, but it’s sort of canabalizing the market.

SMU to PAC makes more sense to me. Add SDSU, Tulane and 1 more AAC team and your set. SMU, SD and Tulane keep your academics high and gain good markets. I‘m still surprised we hear nothing from PAC trying to save the conference. Does Massaro have a twin brother running the PAC? Lol 😂
Agree (Re: SMU to Big 12).

SMU to ACC (if they figure an “out” to the contract) or PAC makes a LOT of sense.

If I’m the PAC, I’m looking at SMU, SDSU, Tulane, Colorado State, and maybe Boise / and one another school

Tbh, I don't think Stanford / Cals of the world want to be in a conference with AAC members like FIU (for the same reason Duke & GaTech wouldn't want to be in a conference with MT) : Academics. There's too much pride to reduce themselves to be conference mates with FIU / MT type schools (for better or worse, right or wrong).

Something is cooking. Will continue to cook.

FSU, UNC, Clemson, NC State voted against expansion for a reason. They're probably angling for invitation / reason to leave ACC.

why is FSU making all this noise? Who said the SEC wants them? They don't need a other team for Florida they need new TV markets NC and VA with VA you get DC as well. Now you're contiguous and gaining new TV's. if any Florida school you go Miami and maybe look at Kansas, they aren't great football but brings basketball units and another state of TVs

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
FSU brings the highest TV a viewership in the ACC. That’s why they are complaining.I’m not sure why they have up their TV rights to the conference. Crazy.

Reactions: mtfblue
FSU brings the highest TV a viewership in the ACC. That’s why they are complaining.I’m not sure why they have up their TV rights to the conference. Crazy.
The ACC media deal is now the lowest among the P4 and they are locked in until 2036! I would be complaining too.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT