ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Duke at Middle Tennessee Game Thread

Amazing to think we're already a 1/3 of the way through the season. Time flies. Last year this team finished an extremely disappointing 4-8. Looking at the rest of the schedule & the fact there has been zero week to week improvement, it's hard to find 3 more wins this year. Don't think this team can even match Last year's record. Thinking 2-10 or 3-9 at best.
I know CDM said he felt rejuvenated coming into the season. Can't imagine him & the staff still feeling that way after this afternoon.
There is a lot that has to be cleaned up but the team has also showed good things recently. They just can't have such putrid performances in the small things whether that's special teams or turnovers and so on. Conference USA also hasn't looked too hot outside of Liberty and WKU so you have that going for you. Bowl game is still very much so on the table and that has been a goal for a successful season from the start.

Not what you want as a bright spot, for obvious reasons, but our freshman punter was fantastic today.
I asked Mason about him tonight. Will have a story up this week. Averaged 48.5 yards per punt I think it was, but if you take out the 31 yarder that pinned them deep, it was a net plus (subtracting return yards) of 50+

Reactions: Hop45
Bowl game is still very much so on the table and that has been a goal for a successful season from the start.

I admire your positivity.

I'm not so sure about a bowl game though. Will be lucky to get another win

Last edited:
LMAO. Calling turnovers small things is not positivity. It’s ignoring reality as it’s slapping you.

LMAO. Calling turnovers small things is not positivity. It’s ignoring reality as it’s slapping you.
I meant the smaller games within the game that often get overlooked

Duke got 21 quick points off turnovers early in that game and completely changed the dynamic of the game. MTSU was able to do some good things but bc of the turnovers it limited how much it actually mattered

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT