ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL College Sports Madness season preview

Here's another basketball site's (Always March) preview of Middle Tennessee:

100 Teams in 100 Days: Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders

Pretty good review here. I have stopped with pre-season analysis of the raiders seeing as how my own high school team receives my focus. I do stay up on them though. I will give you a few short thoughts.

What you know you are going to get:
Giddy Potts- Consistency in scoring and rebounding. This guy has proven he will hit the big shot.
Ed Simpson- Just a solid defender. Not going to be a gamebreaker, but will give you good D.
Tyrik Dixon- Somebody that will run the offense, and not try to take over games. Decent defender, but not overly athletic.
Antwain Johnson- hot and cold, but when he is hot he is a similar caliber scorer to that of Giddy (though not matching him). He fits the mold for Davis with his toughness and ability to attack the rim.

The things you don't know:
Sims, King, Schmidt, Massenburg, Simmons
Thomas did sit a year while learning the system. This will work in his favor over other newcoming post players.
Gamble has always been an enigma. Don't know what we are going to get from him. He has the body, but has struggled at times.

Season hinges on:
Really King and Walters
While we know what Potts gives you from a leadership role, we don't know what we will get from these other 2. While I think Schmidt is the most likely to make an impact right away from the freshmen, I don't know what kind of talent we have in King (though he is VHT or was). BUT Davis has always found those kids who will transfer in with pretty big names (Thomas, Dean, Dendy, Steele, Williams, etc.). Walters, I think makes the biggest impact. Every game I saw this kid was absolutely dominant. Nobody had an answer for his size and toughness. He shot above 60% because nobody could keep him away from the rack, and he possesses great touch. His issue is playing overly physical and drawing not "silly" fouls, but just "quick" fouls. If this kid stays on the floor, then we could march right back into the big dance.

Reactions: MTsumner92
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT