ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Biggest game of the year....

Are you talking about Vandy? Yeah, its a big game, one we really need to win. I am hopeful.

Mediocrity does some weird things to a program. It's hard to get interested after so many average seasons. As always, I'll be paying close attention and cheering the Blue Raiders but I'd be lying if I said I expect anything different (in terms of our final record) this season.

Sure, our defense is going to be better. But I also think our offense takes a step back losing Mathers and having to break in a lot of new starters on the OL. I wouldn't be surprised to see our defense carrying us early in the season.

I see another 7 or maybe 8 win season, no championship, etc. And that just doesn't excite me considering we play one of the weakest schedules in the country year in, year out.

I'd love to be wrong though. And that can start with beating Vanderbilt

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I still think bigger games are WKU and the in-conference battles.

Wins vs Vandy would be nice, but im not too sure it would have much of a lasting impact.

In order to take the next step, we need to start winning conference titles and winning bowl games and finishing the season on a high note. That starts with beating WKU.

Another 7-6 season with a win over Vandy doesn't do much for this program. An 8-4/9-3 season with a bowl win and CUSA crown, even it if had a loss to Vandy, would be much better, IMHO.

Or, we should just win them both.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT