ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL At long last, we are ranked..

Worst conference in football
Healy is just licking his chops at Charlotte. What he accomplished at Peay with those limited resources will be attained in a couple of years in CUSA. He’ll be on to greener pastures after he wins his first title.
Jay Hopson is starting to fire on all cylinders at USM and will be ripe for picking by his Alma mater in Oxford when they get tired of Luke.

Now Peay is a Top 20 team, highest ever in school history. Hudspeth will be ready to move on in a few years, hell maybe here.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Now Peay is a Top 20 team, highest ever in school history. Hudspeth will be ready to move on in a few years, hell maybe here.
If he was a position coach, at a power 5 school, without any head coaching experience, he would be a lock for head coach here but since he is already a head coach at austin peay he is obviously over qualified for the job at MT...

Reactions: MTTim

Here, in a few years? CRS is coach for life and I'm going to go out on a limb to predict he lives more than a few more years.

If he was a position coach, at a power 5 school, without any head coaching experience, he would be a lock for head coach here but since he is already a head coach at austin peay he is obviously over qualified for the job at MT...

How far we've fallen since 1979 when Boots was hired away from Peay.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
It's amazing, MT has two coordinators with a ton of experience and knowledge. Sadly, it doesn't look much like any of the coaches are doing much on the recruiting trail. The best recruiter MT had, Def Secondary Asst Coach, left this past year if I recall correctly. He seemed to have amazing ability to find incredible players for the secondary that most others had overlooked. Then he masterfully developed their skills and performance once on campus.

I want to think he was around here for Byard if I recall correctly. Ward has been playing significant time for KC Chiefs. He left two incredible safeties who are about the best two players on the team. I wouldn't be surprised to see both of them make it to the NFL.

Just about every Saturday I ask myself, is there any coach on Stockstill's staff that can recruit some outstanding lineman on either side of the ball?

The last 2 or 3 years, it seems MT has spent massive amounts of scholarships on WR with only a few WRs substantially contributing. It would seem as WR indicates MT would need better recruiting than hitting recruiting paydirt on about 1 in 4 or even 1 in 5. The same trend seems to be developing along the offensive line. A lot of O-line scholarships are going out, but the MT line looks over matched even in C-USA play.

D-line? Good grief. The coaching staff loads up on DEs who are usually fairly decent, but it seems that MT just can't bring in legit DTs. It looks like MT has MLBs playing DT, and the results on each Saturday reflect that weakness.

I need to focus back on basketball because focusing on MT football is frustrating and disappointing. For the longtime MT fan, I would say MT football has become soul sucking, but that seemed a tad hyperbolic and overly dramatic.

I don’t blame Stock. He’s a coach, a hired gun. Would you turn down a contract like that? The blame lies at the feet of CM and SM. They are the ones who removed all incentive for Stock to be held accountable for winning, hiring his staff and promoting the program i.e. attendance.

I don’t blame Stock. He’s a coach, a hired gun. Would you turn down a contract like that? The blame lies at the feet of CM and SM. They are the ones who removed all incentive for Stock to be held accountable for winning, hiring his staff and promoting the program i.e. attendance.

Well, maybe its because neither CM or SM seem to be held accountable. It seems to be the culture that is embedded deep in this university.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
I was hoping the new board would create some accountability but that went out the window. I was proved wrong on that when they rubberstamped McPhee’s extension.

So. We. Are. Stuck.
In the middle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT