ADVERTISEMENT

A big hole to dig out of...

I'm not a fan of BB or Softball but as I've said many times I want MT to do well in all endeavors. That said, I'm not impressed with the early results from either HC of MT's "Bat and Ball" sports. However, Breeden (sp.?) deserves more time than the BB coach because of the deep hole the program was in, the personal tragedy he experienced early in his tenure, and because the pitcher he is bringing in from Smyrna next year could be a game changer (don't know the game but I understand having one really good pitcher is critical).

Breeden must have torn the team apart last season and played his freshmen as it was by far the worst record in MT softball history.

Last year they were 7-47 overall and 1-21 in conference. So far this season they are 7-26 overall and 2-7 in conference.

I think Breeden will turn them into winners but I wonder if he will struggle with recruiting at the collegiate level similarly to Insell.

The Raiders have now fallen to 245. They've lost their last 11 games. wku coming in on 4/16.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT