ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL WKU snags Notre Dame OC

I didn't think Notre Dame's offense was very good. Maybe this will be our "lucky break" and they will suck for the next few years.

I didn't think Notre Dame's offense was very good. Maybe this will be our "lucky break" and they will suck for the next few years.

Look at what he did before taking the Notre Dame job last year. He's a hot commodity. Former Boise QB only 34 years old. You all know where I'm going with this. They haven't hired a dud in a long time. Get ready, boys.

2011 11-2 Stanford RB
2012 12-2 Stanford RB/RC
2013 12-3 Stanford QB/RC
2014 12-2 Boise St OC/QB

I hope y'all like baked potatoes because if you want the annual distance bowl trip next year, it's looking like Idaho is up next for us. You better enjoy Hawaii if you are one of those going.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Huh. Another question mark as Stanford's offensive coaching staff. Crossing my fingers this is a dud!

If we get Bowl Eligible against coaches like Lane Kiffin and Butch Davis next year, I'm ok with it.

ODU - 9 win team and loaded for bear next year.
WKU - If they keep White, they'll be tough enough.
Marshall - They will be better next year. They're Marshall.
FAU - Kiffin
FIU - Davis
UAB - We should beat em but they have Clark and some talent. A.J. will playing us.

It's not gonna be a cake walk at all.

Potential Schedule...

09/02 - Vanderbilt
09/09 - at Syracuse
09/16 - at Minnesota
09/23 - Bowling Green

In Conference...

Charlotte
FIU
at WKU
Marshall
at FAU
ODU
at UAB
at Rice

It would be a kick in the teeth if Kiffin and Davis each win a conference championship in the next 2-3 years and we remain bowl eligible. SMH.

And before all that he was an assistant for Taggart at WKU, so he's got ties to the athletic department.
If Sanford is the guy, 4 of the last 5 coaches at WKU have a previous tie to the school (Elson - DC before his promotion to HC, Taggart - asst at WKU before heading to Stanford, Petrino - no tie, Brohm - OC before promotion, Sanford - asst before heading to Stanford)

Looking at the schedule. 6-6 would be Stock and TF best ever coaching effort next year. You can't outscore the opponents offense, defense and special teams every week. Tip of the cap to fiu,fau,wku. Their bold choices will create excitement in their fan base while they rebuild. The road to an outright championship just got tougher.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
If all of these teams are tougher will that translate to added interest in playing them at Floyd? When will the local media start paying attention to one of the four FBS programs in the state, 30 miles south of town?

Reactions: C-Bow
You and about 3,999 others, JT. Stock is working his way to a solid dozen seasons without a conference championship to his name.

Go Blue!

If we have 12 winning seasons in a row, we will achieve something that few teams ever do. It's something Memphis sure hasn't gotten close to achieving. We're about halfway there already.

With so many programs recruiting in South Florida, Kiffin and Davis would do well to expand their recruiting out of state if they want to compete.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT