ADVERTISEMENT

When will we know TV schedule for ASN Tournament games?

MTFNBY5

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2005
Checked last night and the semis (both M & W) along with the ladies' championship game are listed on my Comcast on-screen channel guide as being on CBS Sports network and the men's championship game is listed as being on FS1, all as given on the conference website. So far, so good.

But what about the first round and quarter-final games which are on ASN? I'm assuming that these require some local channel to pick up games of local interest. (MT playing on TV is appointment TV for me - if we're not on TV I can listen to the radio anywhere) I don't want another fiasco like the recent UAB game where GoBlueRaiders.com had the game on ASN, the comcast channel guide had it on 1018, and The Tennessean's "On the Air" guide has it on GetTV 30 which is 251 on my mid-state comcast listing (251 was showing a decades old Gene Autry movie - gotta think a MT ballgame would draw as many viewers). AND THE GAME WASN'T ON ANYWHERE!!! And we don't find out until a minute or two before tip-off when Chip (how long had he known?) told us on the pre-game show that the game was on ASN but wasn't on in the mid-state. (And another topic for another time - the ASN website implies we will get to see a replay on-line but no, they didn't save it)

The MT athletic department (and the TV Stations) should want to give fans information so they can make plans. I want to know, and I want to know ASAP, which of MT's early round games will be on TV and where? Where do I go to get reliable information so I can make plans?

Bump - I see The Tennessean has no TV (only radio) in their "On The Air" listing for tomorrow - Anything?

New link on GoBlueRaiders.com goes to an ASN download which says our game will be on WUXP MyTV 30 - I'll be sitting in front of my TV while listening to Chip's pre-game on the radio - Hope I'm not disappointed

I have no information. Like you, I was frustrated the Saturday of the UAB game that the game was not available. Hopefully the tournament games will have no such problems.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Just got an e-mail from the athletic dept. promoting the tournament. Lots of info on tickets, meetups, etc. but not one word encouraging those who can't make it to B'ham to watch on TV or listen on-line/radio.

School doing what they can do to sell tickets and encourage going to the tournament. As for giving viewing info to those of us who can't go, not so much.

You guys need to switch to dish. I got every ASN game. Even the ones my30 chose not to air.

I'm on AT&T Uverse, a few of the ASN games not broadcast locally on MyTV30 or WNAB58, I've been able to find live on regional sports networks from the west coast. On the Uverse guide the morning of the first round, nothing about MT is listed on 30 or 58. So far, this Uverse guide has been pretty accurate. Not perfect, but reasonably accurate. The MT game is showing on the guide on a couple of west coast regional sports networks. If not on locally, I'll likely watch on the west coast channels.

Also saw that ASN will stream all CUSA tourney men's games of the first two rounds on their website.

It's a sad commentary, but if the Uverse guide is correct, then it suggests that Jerry Springer & Maury are better ratings than MT games.

Lastly, Uverse does not list on their guide channel 30.2 which has carried a MT game or two this season in SD.

Any of you local folks who know me are welcome to contact me to come over & watch the game if you do not have access to a channel that is carrying it.

checked GetTV as well. A Cary Grant/Rosalind Russell movie.

Just as well. I will try to keep up on score app this afternoon at work.

Uverse just updated the TV guide this morning reflecting the broadcast of Charlotte vs MT on WNAB58. Good, it looks like it will be broadcast locally.

Confirmed via e-mail from the athletic dept that game will be on WNAB 58 today (and tomorrow if we win today). Thanks to the person who responded to my query.

Originally posted by TeKEraider:
You guys need to switch to dish. I got every ASN game. Even the ones my30 chose not to air.
What dish channel?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT