ADVERTISEMENT

How can these people even show their faces ?

sWiley

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2012
Sidney mcphee

Chris massaro

Rick stockstill

Steve smith

Do you have any shame ? Look in the stands. Look on social media. Look anywhere. Nobody is behind this program or team. It is a complete and total disaster and you are letting it continue and flourish. Where is the accountability ? In any other sector your pathetic, worthless asses would be fired. But instead you are allowed to hide and be protected behind government bureaucracy. You should be ashamed of yourself. Not a hint of “leadership” amongst any of you. I feel so bad for these kids you are supposed to be leading.

A first year FBS team, brand new CUSA member, just came into your house and challenged your manhood. I have never seen a team so thoroughly dominated in a second half. Ever. 38-0 in the second half. And all that by a first year CUSA team in their first year in FBS who is playing on the road on a short week….

All of you are pathetic and a sorry excuse for college athletics. You better keep on hanging on as long as you can, because I can assure you none of you will ever be hired in this profession again once your time is done here.

And Massaro. You are the poster child of beta energy. No wonder they have you on a month to month contract. My god dude. Grow a pair.

Last edited:
Sidney mcphee

Chris massaro

Rick stockstill

Steve smith

Do you have any shame ? Look in the stands. Look on social media. Look anywhere. Nobody is behind this program or team. It is a complete and total disaster and you are letting it continue and flourish. Where is the accountability ? In any other sector your pathetic, worthless asses would be fired. But instead you are allowed to hide and be protected behind government bureaucracy. You should be ashamed of yourself. Not a hint of “leadership” amongst any of you. I feel so bad for these kids you are supposed to be leading.

A first year FBS team, brand new CUSA member, just came into your house and challenged your manhood. I have never seen a team so thoroughly dominated in a second half. Ever. 38-0 in the second half. And all that by a first year CUSA team in their first year in FBS who is playing on the road on a short week….

All of you are pathetic and a sorry excuse for college athletics. You better keep on hanging on as long as you can, because I can assure you none of you will ever be hired in this profession again once your time is done here.

And Massaro. You are the poster child of beta energy. No wonder they have you on a month to month contract. My god dude. Grow a pair.
This.

Reactions: sWiley
I’m not counting on anything to happen until Rick decides he’s ready to enjoy his golden years. I know we talk about it ad nauseam, but after Massaro secretly extended his contract, does it actually expire? Or is the 6-win mark an auto extension in perpetuity?

I’m not counting on anything to happen until Rick decides he’s ready to enjoy his golden years. I know we talk about it ad nauseam, but after Massaro secretly extended his contract, does it actually expire? Or is the 6-win mark an auto extension in perpetuity?
Agree. Stuck could go 0 and 12 and still keep his job. He leaves when he wants to.

After having personal and business interactions with CorpseStill and mASSaro in the past, I can testify that they think themselves above "mere fans". They showed a distain for outside opinion and ignored outreach and insight repeatedly. I washed my hands when Brad Smith left. I knew then what those 2 were really like so none of this is surprising.

We need to bombard these guys (and Lee too) via Twitter, email, snail mail. Anything to try and get their attention. They have to feel some heat for this performance year after year.

I will be sending messages, might not do anything, but who is with me? My advice: If they even read them, keep them short and sweet or they will just skip over them. Let them know how the fan base has been destroyed because of the lack of any action.

We need to bombard these guys (and Lee too) via Twitter, email, snail mail. Anything to try and get their attention. They have to feel some heat for this performance year after year.

I will be sending messages, might not do anything, but who is with me? My advice: If they even read them, keep them short and sweet or they will just skip over them. Let them know how the fan base has been destroyed because of the lack of any action.
Don't waste your time. These guys don't give two shites about what the few fans left say. All they want is to get through another season and collect their unearned pay.

I am more and more convinced that the other Universities in the State are pulling some kind of strings to keep him here. It just does not make sense.
It would only take a few boosters from, say, vandy to toss a few dollars at 7-wood for the program to be neglected and marginalized.

Meanwhile our rival gets prime time billing on main ESPN already destroying a conference foe in the first qtr. on their way to a likely conference championship.

Western - you know that basketball school - just continues to pull further away from us. If you’re the Sun Belt or even the AAC you would take both Jax St and Western before you would take us.

There isn’t enough words of condemnation and sorrow that can adequately express how hopeless this has gotten.

Meanwhile our rival gets prime time billing on main ESPN already destroying a conference foe in the first qtr. on their way to a likely conference championship.

Western - you know that basketball school - just continues to pull further away from us. If you’re the Sun Belt or even the AAC you would take both Jax St and Western before you would take us.

There isn’t enough words of condemnation and sorrow that can adequately express how hopeless this has gotten.
I’m watching the game. WKU looking good.

Heck, as a fan, I can't even show MY face at a football game anymore. It's embarrassing just being a fan. Our stadium has been the old double wide of cfb stadiums for years. You show up and bring a friend to our rusty old bleacher stadium with a RCA rear projector big screen TV from the 90s that has to be preheated for those cold late November games mounted in the scoreboard with no fans (are the old folks still going?), no energy, no coaching, lame promotions like a blackout game with no fans, and fireworks after a losses, and it's flat out embarrassing. It's like you went to a football game and a funeral broke out. I swear you hear just a few claps and maybe a cough when we score. The social media person keeps trying to pump it, but I feel bad for'em. "Hey, look! We invited Trace Atkins to come to our Dollar Tree college football experience and he came!" Trace must be a really nice guy. He was probably thinking, "Bless their hearts, they're trying be big time." I bet Trace doesn't make that mistake again. So freaking out of touch its comical. Massaro is probably sitting up there like, "Why don't they come?!? Look at the atmosphere I provide!!!! I got us some flashing lights!" Everything about our football program is soooooo amateur. EVERYTHING! Has to be the worst game day experience in D1. I haven't been able to bring myself to go back in years. Man........

Last edited:
Are there still losers on social media talking about how you shouldn't expect more from MT so cut Stock some slack?

Are there still losers on social media talking about how you shouldn't expect more from MT so cut Stock some slack?
Sprouse and Murphy...

Saying fans need to show up and it will fix itself by going to games. Both refuses(that I've seen) to call for Stocks firing...

I get Murphy, Stock was only one to offer him a D1 ride out of community college.

Sprouse and Murphy...

Saying fans need to show up and it will fix itself by going to games. Both refuses(that I've seen) to call for Stocks firing...

I get Murphy, Stock was only one to offer him a D1 ride out of community college.
The problem is, absolutely anytime fans show up and fill the place up, the more epic we crap the bed. Then we put a cherry on top of that crap sundae with fireworks that nobody sees because they all left halfway through the 3rd quarter having been reminded why they never went to MT football games in the first place.

Murphy is one of the worst QB's we've ever had. That dude is loyal to Stock because no one else wanted him. 1-5 speaks louder than his BS. He also said UTSA would dominate the AAC. He's not a serious source IMO.

LatTech held WKU scoreless in the 2nd half and nearly came back on em. Bet on LaTech all day.

The problem is, absolutely anytime fans show up and fill the place up, the more epic we crap the bed. Then we put a cherry on top of that crap sundae with fireworks that nobody sees because they all left halfway through the 3rd quarter having been reminded why they never went to MT football games in the first place.
Preach! EVERY DAMN TIME. I couldn't agree more. 18 years of .500 ball with no titles. No other school has ever done that. MT admin gets what they get and I'm betting aginst MT in every game cuz I can get paid to watch them lose and underperform instead of paying into failure.

I expect Vegas will have caught on now after half a season. Tech will be favored.

Murphy is one of the worst QB's we've ever had. That dude is loyal to Stock because no one else wanted him. 1-5 speaks louder than his BS. He also said UTSA would dominate the AAC. He's not a serious source IMO.

LatTech held WKU scoreless in the 2nd half and nearly came back on em. Bet on LaTech all day.

I couldn’t even tell you what the kid‘s name is, but that quarterback for tech looks like a better Pro prospect than western’s QB does. With our secondary I think you know where I’m going with this.

Sprouse and Murphy...

Long rant coming......Both have called out there being administration issues and both have called out issues in coaching. But, and I majorly disagree with them on this, they view changeover as a bad thing.

Like the survey I posted the other day. They are willing to accept .500 for stability and no (or very few) losing seasons. They don't want to accept a few losing seasons to gain a champ. They don't want to lose a guy to a bigger job and have to start over or hire a guy and it may not work.

I DO NOT agree with that line of thought at all.
App St, WKU, FAU, Liberty even. Heck, even Texas St. this year. Or Temple a few years ago when Rhule was there. Or W Mich when Fleck was there. Some had coaches hired away after success. Some fired because it didn't work. So what. They all have gotten attention we never have and most have been ranked, champs, NY6 bowls, and the like. That's why you take buyout $ when they leave and keep the next guy's low to can them if needed. You think Cincy is mad Fickell left? Hell. They are happy he stayed as long as he did and they are in the B12 now because of it. You think CCU wishes they never hired Chadwell just because he left for more $? Please.

Prime prime example. Troy. They had Neal Brown. WVU bought him out and they hired Chip Lindsey. Fired after 3yrs. Then they hired Sumrall to success again.
So over those 8 years
Troy
3 coaches
4 losing seasons
4 double digit win seasons
62-37
4 bowl wins
3 division champs
2 conference champs
Ranked

MT
1 coach
2 losing seasons
0 double digit wins seasons
52-48
3 bowl wins
1 division champ
0 conference champs
Never ranked

Which would you rather have?

I just don't get their mentality or what appears to be our admin's. As well as so many on Twitter. Don't get it at all.

Reactions: RaiderDeez
Long rant coming......Both have called out there being administration issues and both have called out issues in coaching. But, and I majorly disagree with them on this, they view changeover as a bad thing.

Like the survey I posted the other day. They are willing to accept .500 for stability and no (or very few) losing seasons. They don't want to accept a few losing seasons to gain a champ. They don't want to lose a guy to a bigger job and have to start over or hire a guy and it may not work.

App St, WKU, FAU, Liberty even. Heck, even Texas St. this year. Or Temple a few years ago when Rhule was there. Or W Mich when Fleck was there. Some had coaches hired away after success. Some fired because it didn't work. So what. They all have gotten attention we never have and most have been ranked, champs, NY6 bowls, and the like. That's why you take buyout $ when they leave and keep the next guy's low to can them if needed. You think Cincy is mad Fickell left? Hell. They are happy he stayed as long as he did and they are in the B12 now because of it. You think CCU wishes they never hired Chadwell just because he left for more $? Please.

Prime prime example. Troy. They had Neal Brown. WVU bought him out and they hired Chip Lindsey. Fired after 3yrs. Then they hired Sumrall to success again.
So over those 8 years
Troy
3 coaches
4 losing seasons
62-37
4 bowl wins
3 division champs
2 conference champs
Ranked

MT
1 coach
2 losing seasons
52-48
3 bowl wins
1 division champ
0 conference champs
Never ranked

I just don't get their mentality or what appears to be our admin's. As well as so many on Twitter. Don't get it at all.
Every MT employee needs to know this

So over those 8 years
Troy
3 coaches
4 losing seasons
62-37
4 bowl wins
3 division champs
2 conference champs
Ranked

MT
1 coach
2 losing seasons
52-48
3 bowl wins
1 division champ
0 conference champs
Never ranked

When you're a G5, you hope another school poaches you HC / staff. It's a sign you've been doing something right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT