ADVERTISEMENT

What kind of extension did Tony Franklin sign?

sWiley

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2012
Anyone know? His original was for 3 years, 300k per year. That contract completed at the end of last year so he had to re-sign something recently.

I'm very interested to know how many years he renewed his contract for given his nomadic lifestyle.

I do think this might be his last stop honestly. He has family in the Kentucky area and I know it was important for him to be closer to them. We pay him quite well for a G5 coordinator too, and he pays only federal taxes in Tennessee. His net pay here is probably equal to what he took home in Berkeley. I can't see him jumping for a bigger gig unless its a substantial offer (1M+) which seems very unlikely at this point. He probably also runs and makes some $$$ off camps in the area as well.

I know many here at not huge fans of TF, but I really like him and I'm glad he's here and hope he stays as long as possible. He's one of the best G5 coordinators IMO. Between him and Schafer, we really are set on gamedays. If only our position coaches were not second-rate.....but that's another conversation for another day.

Reactions: playersu12
The university salary database has his salary listed at $320,000.
Department - Football
Position - Assistant Coach 1

Who has he successfully recruited to play for the Blue Raiders?

Last edited:
The university salary database has his salary listed at $320,000.
Department - Football
Position - Assistant Coach 1

Who has he successfully recruited to play for the Blue Raiders?

I believe he signs most of our west coast kids. He loves those junior colleges out west.

Looks like he got a $20,000 raise then if he's up to 320k. That's a damn good salary being a G5 coordinator in a state that has no state taxes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT