ADVERTISEMENT

WBB: Middle Tennessee 106, Coastal Georgia 41

Looks like a score from 2005–2006 when Insell had a team full of Stephany Smith's players

Coastal Georgia wasn't able to put up much of a fight. They were too small and too slow.

The new rules will take some getting used to. They now play 4 quarters that are 10 minutes and team fouls are reset to zero each quarter. You get the bonus after the 5th foul each quarter.

I know that Caroline is coming off of a torn acl but I wonder why Alex Smith didnt play.

Alex Smith will probably be red shirted this year since we have Porter ,Rueter, Lyons and Johnson to cover post play. The rest of the freshman will see some play this year with Collier and Sissom helping out at point until Caroline gets back. Collier is a tuff nosed little point guard that plays good D and can shoot the ball pretty good. Johnson is good and will be in the rotation all the time. Majors will see spot play along with Louro this year but next year will be when they make a big difference along with Smith. This is the best team top to bottom Insell has ever put on the floor here. Anyone coming off the bench can hurt you on any given night. It appeared that he has some players playing duel rolls this year which is good. Everyone on the team but Smith and Gabby can shoot the three . Gone are the days of the LARGE bench warmer club from last year, this bunch came in ready to fight for playing time and once the freshman get over the shock of D1 ball they will see PT. We have thirteen on the team and Alex Smith will probably be RS and the other twelve are ready to play.

I don't think the Women ever RS a player since they get so many scholarships.

She needs a year with some real coaching and to get in playing shape for D1 ball but then she will be a force. I may be wrong about her being red shirted but just wait and see if I'm wrong, I don't think I am.

We may never have red-shirted since Insell has been at MT (or forever, I don't know) but IIRC this is the first time we have had as many as 13 on scholarship (the limit for women is 15).

Only recently has Insell lengthened this bench utilizing more than 7 or 8 most of the time when the game is on the line.

We may never have red-shirted since Insell has been at MT (or forever, I don't know) but IIRC this is the first time we have had as many as 13 on scholarship (the limit for women is 15).

Only recently has Insell lengthened this bench utilizing more than 7 or 8 most of the time when the game is on the line.

I don't think we have ever had this many players that were as talented as these are from top to bottom. Once Warden gets back from her injury we will have at least 11 that could play if need during a game and produce.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT