ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Middle Tennessee vs LSU Sunday on ABC

On my flight to Houston to connect on to Baton Rouge this morning. Can’t wait for the game! Let’s go get this win and make the Sweet Sixteen!!!
HELL YES!!!!! There is one blue raider fan in bulgaria(traveling) that will be listening to dick palmer today intently. Does that mean there's an official blue raider fan group in bulgaria now??? I'm counting it.

Mulkey seems to live in a world of drama. A week or so ago was the comment she made about wishing an opposing team's player had tried taking a swing at Angel Reese just to see what would happen, now just before game time she announces she wants to sue the Washington Post over a supposed hit piece. To what degree is she a distraction for her own team, & a benefit to the Blue Raiders come game time.
Also didn't like the comment Reese made that "if they try to concentrate on only 2 players they're (meaning Middle Tennessee) going to be in trouble." I get being National Champions lends itself to some self aggrandizing, but these appear to be some snotty arrogant self centered people IMO.

I know we're only given an 11% chance to win. Which means it would be an absolute miracle to pull off, but if it's not us to beat them I hope UCLA or whoever is next up beats their ass in the next round.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Mulkey seems to live in a world of drama. A week or so ago was the comment she made about wishing an opposing team's player had tried taking a swing at Angel Reese just to see what would happen, now just before game time she announces she wants to sue the Washington Post over a supposed hit piece. To what degree is she a distraction for her own team, & a benefit to the Blue Raiders come game time.
Also didn't like the comment Reese made that "if they try to concentrate on only 2 players they're (meaning Middle Tennessee) going to be in trouble." I get being National Champions lends itself to some self aggrandizing, but these appear to be some snotty arrogant self centered people IMO.
I got that feeling too, but they are talented athletes, no doubt, so a little bit of swagger is to be expected. Angel also said, "They have to go against Angel Reese, Aneesah Morrow, and Aalyah Del Rosario," Reese said. "So, they have to work on that and figure that out first" when asked a specific question on how to deal with MT and just seemed annoyed when asked that question.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
I think a big key to this game will be us limiting second chance points for LSU; they are top 5 in the nation in offensive rebounds per game with 16.8 ORPG and Angel, individually, is #1 averaging 5.6 ORPG.

Teams are an extension of their coach. It should surprise no one that LSU is as arrogant as they are when they're led by a Head Coach whose wardrobe choices make the game about her. She has no use for former players, just what they can do for her in the here and now.

They're the defending national champs so they've earned the right to talk a little trash, but it cost nothing to show respect to your opponent. If they lose in this tournament, I'm sure their post-game comments will be filled with excuses. Makes you proud to have a first class coach like CRI who is a great ambassador for this university

MT History of the series is incorrect on goblueraiders.com. It incorrectly states LSU leads the series 3-1. It omits the one game that then #8 ranked LSU visited the Murphy Center on 12/28/2007 and lost. How the hell could that be omitted?!?!?!
I am glad you saw that too. I was telling someone we had beaten them twice, once on the road and once at home with Amber Holt having a huge game. When I went to look it up, all I could find on GBR.com was the one win in Baton Rouge. I believe Van Chancellor said afterwards that he'd never come back to Murphy Center. Sylvia Folwes sat out that game but it was still a huge win for the Lady Raiders. No reason the same can't happen again in a few minutes....Go Raiders!

Reactions: SpaceRaider
No matter what happens these last minutes, this has been a season to be proud of. At this moment, we are down big in the 4th. Every trip down, it seems we are called for a foul and LSU, being the great team they are, is taking advantage of it. Barring a miracle, our run ends here and it's one I am certainly proud of. Proud to be a Lady Raider today and I hope someone slobber knocks the heck out of LSU in upcoming games.

Last edited:
All can say is love our Lady Raiders. You fought with everything you had against a next to impossible environment. 5 versus 8 on the floor + another 13,000 in the stands makes for a extremely tough game. Congratulations on a great year. Next year will be even better!

LSU's Angel Reese represents everything that is wrong with sports these days. No other athlete has worse sportsmanship than her.
Absolute trash.....ever since she chased Clark around the court last year, I have rooted for her to fail miserably.

• Haha
Reactions: SigmaNuBlue
Fouls mounting and LSU free throws eventually took their toll on us. No question that turned the game during mid stages of the third quarter. Final score doesn’t really tell the character, tenacity, and skill the Lady Raiders displayed today. Nothing to hang our head about. A Great Successful Season!!! 💙

LSU fans by me were very kind and respectful, their players not so much. Looking forward to them getting stomped by UCLA in the next round. Very annoying to watch the inconsistent officiating from half to half. At least America saw what we did - and they all know how good of a team and program we have. So proud of these ladies

Team Comparison
STATISTICMTLSU
FG%34%43%
FGs21-6226-60
3FG%26%42%
3FGs8-315-12
FT%67%70%
FTs6-926-37
TOs167
PtsOffTO422
TotReb4143
DefReb3131
Off Reb1012
2ndChPts217
BenchPts33
PtsPaint1830
FstBkPt88
Blocks64
Steals16
Assts917
Times Tied:4
Time Tied:3:34
Lead Chg:6
LeadTime9:5626:30

Coach handled that well. He avoided telling the truth of the situation without collecting a fine or coming off as sour grapes. Yet at the same time he was able to hint at the foul discrepancy issue which was the overwhelming root of the loss. Everyone knows it including Mulkey, her players, & their fans. Unless those same officials are in their pocket next game best of wishes UCLA or Creighton destroy that happy little LSU's living in.

I know several Lady Raider faithful that made the trip. With my work schedule, I was unable. I also know people on this board are from all over but I believe there are several in the Mboro area. I really wish the university would put out a social media blitz to come welcome this team home. I assume they are/were coming home tonight. Would have been an awesome opportunity to show them some love after a hard days work. I have been to greet the football team bus a couple of times after big wins. I know this wasn't a win, but it also wasn't a loss in my book. This team can arguably be called the greatest in Lady Raider history. It'd be nice to have a crowd saying job well done.

Really proud of the girls this season, they had everything going against them and showed no quit. 30 wins and the only lower seed to win their first round game, which perfectly encapsulates how rigged this tournament is if your not among the top 16 teams.

Already looking forward to next season to see if we can keep the momentum going

Reactions: tyler90wm
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT