ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Very thankful to be 8-4.

Noogaraider1

True Blue
Jun 3, 2018
In a year I thought we would be lucky to get 6-6, this has been amazing.

With the exception of FIU, we lost to the teams we expected to lose to and picked up some I completely did not.

Go win the Conference! Its been a fun year so far.

Reactions: BigBlueBrad
Best coaching job I’ve seen from Stock. We have teams way more talented than this one. But they have gotten it done.

That was a complete beat down today and the game was not as close as the score.

Last edited:
Reactions: MTOleBlue
Well, small correction if you are saying as we instead "i"

I personally didn't expect to lose to Vanderbilt. My expectation was to win that game. And had we played that game like we have the last few we may well might have.

I personally didn't expect to lose to Vanderbilt. My expectation was to win that game. And had we played that game like we have the last few we may well might have.

We as in MT has fielded more talented teams. Not sure what Vandy has to do with this.

We as in MT has fielded more talented teams. Not sure what Vandy has to do with this.

To clarify I am looking at the season not any particular game.

Vanderbilt is good this year. No shame on losing to them and in my opinion, it's not a team that we should always expect to beat. When they have a good coach, they are good, much like Memphis.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Vanderbilt is good this year. No shame on losing to them and in my opinion, it's not a team that we should always expect to beat. When they have a good coach, they are good, much like Memphis.
Yeah they’re much better than Eww Tee, as is obvious from their three consecutive wins over the T-shirt fan capital of the world. All those Vols fans should cheer for a real championship team... especially the ones who went to MT...

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Vanderbilt is good this year.

They finished 6-6 & 11th out of 14 in the SEC. they lucked up drawing Arkansas and Ole Miss from the SEC West. That’s not good.

They’re not terrible and they were obviously better than us on the field, but that doesn’t make them a good FBS team.

If y'all would read all the way through I said that if we played like we have the last few weeks we very well could have beaten Vandy. There was no reason for us to lay the egg we did.

And to the OP he said we won all the games we expected to win. Before the season started I expected to beat Vandy. Not beating them was a disappointment. Not showing up was deflating - especially in light of the fact that we actually do have a championship caliber team this season. If we do win next week there is no reason that the C-USA champ should ever lose to a Vanderbilt team by 4 touchdowns. Never.

Never? First game of the season where the matchup is a bad one for us? There are 2 games that Mason gets his team up for and that's us and UT. We did not know our team in the first game. We have grown into our identity. We would play Vandy better now than the first game. We never win first games. Couple that with the bad matchup at the time, it was what it was. Vegas expected us to lose and so did just about everyone else. I didn't like it and had to sit in that awful place with awful people around me but that loss didn't define us as I knew it wouldn't. We've overcome a lot of adversity this season. I'm proud of what we've done with a very tough schedule.

Reactions: DABLUERAIDERS
Ok. So we’ve beaten two teams with a winning record this season. CUSA is really down....the west is awful.

Should have beaten Vanderbilt and I’ll throw in UK. This team did what they needed to do but not one of MTSU’s better teams.

Can you guys let the Vandy loss go...we won yesterday...we are playing for the CUSA championship at home! All is well.

Go online and buy your tickets, if you don't live here, buy them anyway and get someone to sit in them.

Actually no. I really don’t care what you think. The OP didn’t speak for me. So I’m free to say what I want and I will. But how we started the season wasnt acceptable. I think it is ok to talk about it even though we won the east particularly given the thoughts of the OP. It’s not taboo. I give the FIU game a pass because we lost Brent but Vandy game was a cluster and FAU game we should have lost.

All that said just because I stated the OP does not reflect my view on the season doesn’t give you any more of a right to attack me and my views. Which you are increasingly doing.

Also, I stated even before the game yesterday that I am proud of how this team and coaches battled back. And that I was proud of them win or lose for fighting to end. We were not a very good team at the beginning of the year. And I’m really excited about how they have fought and come back to have a good year. But in the picture of the whole season it is somewhat disappointing that we can’t seem to ever get a full year that’s good. Kind of thought if ever there was a year it would be this one.

Anyway, I’m very pleased with how far these guys have come and I’m looking forward to next week. Oh and JT if we do happen to be the champs next week yes the best team in CUSA should never lose by 4 TDs to Vandy.

Can you guys let the Vandy loss go...we won yesterday...we are playing for the CUSA championship at home! All is well.

Go online and buy your tickets, if you don't live here, buy them anyway and get someone to sit in them.

Actually no. I really don’t care what you think. The OP didn’t speak for me. So I’m free to say what I want and I will. But how we started the season wasnt acceptable. I think it is ok to talk about it even though we won the east particularly given the thoughts of the OP. It’s not taboo. I give the FIU game a pass because we lost Brent but Vandy game was a cluster and FAU game we should have lost.

All that said just because I stated the OP does not reflect my view on the season doesn’t give you any more of a right to attack me and my views. Which you are increasingly doing.

Also, I stated even before the game yesterday that I am proud of how this team and coaches battled back. And that I was proud of them win or lose for fighting to end. We were not a very good team at the beginning of the year. And I’m really excited about how they have fought and come back to have a good year. But in the picture of the whole season it is somewhat disappointing that we can’t seem to ever get a full year that’s good. Kind of thought if ever there was a year it would be this one.

Anyway, I’m very pleased with how far these guys have come and I’m looking forward to next week. Oh and JT if we do happen to be the champs next week yes the best team in CUSA should never lose by 4 TDs to Vandy.

MT01 - I love you! Your an MT fan, what’s not to like. You keep on being you, I’m just trying to add some sunshine to your life!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT