ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Vandy still Vandy.

FranklinRaider315

Hall of Famer
Jun 24, 2009
Franklin, TN
Adam Sparks tweeted a pic of today's home crowd.

DJTu3yRXcAA4X5H.jpg:large

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
Congrats on the big win today, it was alot of fun to follow. I can't wait to see what MT does the rest of the season including next week's Minnesota game but this was an unnecessary pot shot that makes you just look .... bitter.

So what that there wasn't a big crowd against the mighty Alabama A&M program as I'm sure you'll see a much bigger crowd against Kansas State next week. Keep up the momentum and there will be no reason to look back at week 1.

For a second I thought we kicked your ass again this weekend, then realized it was just some insecure MSTU fan still obsessing about us.

Reactions: Dore5674
For a second I thought we kicked your ass again this weekend, then realized it was just some insecure MSTU fan still obsessing about us.
Obsessing? Your own beat writer found it necessary to Tweet it in time lapse photos. I was kind enough to use his last one instead of the one right before kickoff.

I can't wait to see some of his tweets after Ingram builds you a new stadium at the Fairgrounds and you get outdrawn by soccer. That oughta make your SEC brethren in Knoxville, Tuscaloosa, Gainesville and Athens look forward to their road trips to Nashville.

Says the Vandy fan lurking on our board...

I go to a lot of boards on college football Saturday. No one is talking about Vanderbilt but Vanderbilt and you guys (constantly). And as dead as this board is, I can assure you no one on the Vanderbilt board is counting web hits to it.

Congrats on the win, enjoy it.

I'm kind of surprised by the reaction to the photo. It is just a photo from Twitter from the beat writer. There doesn't appear to be much in the way of trash talk accompanying the post.

If anything, the post of that photo is an excellent example of why the MT and Vandy series should continue. At least when MT is on the schedule and playing at Vandy, there is a pretty good crowd on hand for an out of conf game for Vandy. Plus, it would seem Vandy would jump at the opportunity since they are on a roll in beating MT recently. So hey, continued series that helps with both programs out of conf attendance would seem like something we could all agree on.

Problem could be with the title selected for the thread. Same caption (MT_U being MT_U) could be used for a photo of many (most?) MT crowds.

Face facts folks. Put VU and MT (heck, throw in WKU) hard-core fans together in Neyland (don't your dare call me a Urenge fan since I used that example) and you couldn't fill up a third of the stadium. We can draw some attendance for select games but fan bases are extremely small for what D-1 programs are expected to draw in $EC country.

VU does have one advantage over MT in that their students attend games in a much larger % than MT. Other than that???

Problem could be with the title selected for the thread. Same caption (MT_U being MT_U) could be used for a photo of many (most?) MT crowds.

Face facts folks. Put VU and MT (heck, throw in WKU) hard-core fans together in Neyland (don't your dare call me a Urenge fan since I used that example) and you couldn't fill up a third of the stadium. We can draw some attendance for select games but fan bases are extremely small for what D-1 programs are expected to draw in $EC country.

VU does have one advantage over MT in that their students attend games in a much larger % than MT. Other than that???
They get an 8-figure welfare check every year just for being a charter member of the SEC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT