ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Question for those that know.

TrueBlue147

All Conference
Mar 19, 2008
With Coleman-Jones most likely getting the boot, do we still have time to get some one out of the portal to replace him?

Reactions: BlueAlpha
at the end of the day it was a weed charge. the details are obviously a little unsavory and he obviously made some terrible choices, but whatever. he'll pay a fine, do some community service, be suspended for some games, and hopefully get his head out of his ass. He deserves a second chance assuming this was his first blunder. Been there and done that and learned from it, arguably made me a better and stronger person in the long run actually. I wasn't a starter on a D1 basketball team though.

And that's what bothers me the most is the selfishness of it. We are weak at the 5 and he's put us in a shitty spot.

If this represents his first offense hopefully the judge should yield some leniency, & as sWiley mentioned receive no more than a misdemeanor with community service charge & fine. If Coleman-Jones has been in good standing with fellow players, coaches, & university I agree with you in giving him a 2nd chance. As you pointed out people make stupid mistakes. No physical harm did come of this, & could be a valuable learning experience if he takes it to heart.
However if the team or coaching staff had some attitude issues with him in the past we may find a different result here. Memory serves that Lawrence wanted to come back to MT after throwing his hat in the portal only to find out the players didn't want him back. Hopefully for the young man's sake this is not the case with his fellow coaches & players.
Back to the post concerning "For those who know". As I imagine many of us to be, just someone who hated to see what happened & wish for as good an outcome as possible for all parties involved. Other than that guess we'll all find out more in the next couple of weeks.

If this represents his first offense hopefully the judge should yield some leniency, & as sWiley mentioned receive no more than a misdemeanor with community service charge & fine. If Coleman-Jones has been in good standing with fellow players, coaches, & university I agree with you in giving him a 2nd chance. As you pointed out people make stupid mistakes. No physical harm did come of this, & could be a valuable learning experience if he takes it to heart.
However if the team or coaching staff had some attitude issues with him in the past we may find a different result here. Memory serves that Lawrence wanted to come back to MT after throwing his hat in the portal only to find out the players didn't want him back. Hopefully for the young man's sake this is not the case with his fellow coaches & players.
Back to the post concerning "For those who know". As I imagine many of us to be, just someone who hated to see what happened & wish for as good an outcome as possible for all parties involved. Other than that guess we'll all find out more in the next couple of weeks.
We've all paid some stupid taxes in our lives.

Thoughts on Marcus Adams Jr.? Extremely talented but definitely a concern about being a good teammate.

Even if we had similar NIL money.....nope.
The team & coaches have been back for almost a week now. Our player in question is still showing on MT's roster. CNM doesn't seem the type to string someone along concerning their future. We know a conversation has taken place between the two concerning what happened by now. I'm thinking things have been addressed in house, & he will remain with the team barring any other altercations. Interested in hearing other thoughts on this though.

In recent video with Chip & CNM they mildly touched on the situation that MT had 3 starters out for the Italy game, & look forward to getting things back. We know 2 of the possible starters Jordan & Coleman-Jones were out. Question is who was the third they were apparently talking about?

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Even if we had similar NIL money.....nope.
The team & coaches have been back for almost a week now. Our player in question is still showing on MT's roster. CNM doesn't seem the type to string someone along concerning their future. We know a conversation has taken place between the two concerning what happened by now. I'm thinking things have been addressed in house, & he will remain with the team barring any other altercations. Interested in hearing other thoughts on this though.
Just a quick confirmation. On the most recent MT twitter feed it shows an array of players doing their vertical jump challenges. Can see that Coleman-Jones was there in a background shot. Glad to see that things appear back to normal. I have a feeling this team has the makings of CNM's best team since the 26 win team a couple years ago.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT