ADVERTISEMENT

BB RECRUITING transfer

So we’re getting Missouri States leftover after they traded up?!

Still shocked he we haven't signed a big man yet. How many more scholarships do we have left to give?

Still shocked he we haven't signed a big man yet. How many more scholarships do we have left to give?

Me too. We haven't really signed any big men, and after this season we will be losing Gamble and Hawthorne. That will leave us with only Massenburg, who we know nothing about. It's imperitive we use the rest of our scholarships on true big men.

I’m interested to see how we fare this year. Happy that CNM has been pulling in some high caliber players already!

With all of the 1-4 positions being filled, are we looking at a Loyala Marymont / UNLV type of offense this season?

I hope our style of play will be much more fun to watch...we may have to play small ball next year, it could be fun.

what other schools were after him?

He originally signed with FAU, then committed after their coaching change...then looked at MO State. I have no idea who else was recruiting him. Out of HS he was rated top 150. He only played one year at JR college. So he has 3 years left.

Reactions: Hop45
He originally signed with FAU, then committed after their coaching change...then looked at MO State. I have no idea who else was recruiting him. Out of HS he was rated top 150. He only played one year at JR college. So he has 3 years left.
I thought the article said the player coming into Missouri state was a top 150.

he was not a top 150 player out of high school. in fact i can hardly find any info about him coming out of high school which is why i asked about other schools involved.

His film looks good to me but anyone can look good on film.

Just started thinking about how different this team is going to look this year. Will we have a single returning starter from last years bunch? Gonna be a long year I fear.

I do think this is a good signing. He'll play a lot here. We have basically no proven elite players on our team anymore and dont return a single starter. I think he can potentially develop into a 3rd/2nd all CUSA team kinda player. Can play the 2 or 3 position. Doesn't do a great job beating people off the dribble but obviously a great spot up shooter. Great FT% but does a terrible job getting to the FT line. Reminds me a lot of C.J. Burks from an offensive standpoint. His film didn't show much defensively but not sure if that even matters with our new coach.

My starting 5:

Sims
Green
Butler
Hawthorne
Gamble

Scurrvy is going to need to be a strong 4 of us with our lack of big men this season. Hawthorne could potentially have to play the 5 position as well because Gamble can't be our only 5. I have zero faith in the Massenburg kid because we've seen nothing to indicate he can play at this level, so I'm not even factoring him in at this point.

Shelton Szmidt received super high praise from Kermit, saying he could be one of the best ever to walk through those doors....He along with everyone else is going to have plenty of opportunity to prove themselves this season.

Should be an interesting year if nothing else....I really don't see us in the top 3 of the East though.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT