ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Tennessee Tech @ Middle Tennessee Game Thread

Brendon Harris breaks up the third down pass while in the box and Tennessee Tech misses the 45 yard field goal wide right.

Big stand by the Blue Raiders defense. 11:24 left in the 3rd Quarter

Feels like Middle Tennessee needs to do something with this drive to gain back control of this game and quit letting the Golden Eagles hang around

The drive is extended by a face mask penalty by Tech on 3rd down. Ball is placed on the 50 yard line.

J'Shun Bodiford is getting checked on.

We’re about midway through the 3rd qtr and still don’t have 100 yards passing against a FCS. Way way below Nick’s historical average. Only averaging 2.8 yards per carry against an FCS.

This offense is exactly what I feared it was going to be. This does not look like a good team at all. Certainly not one that’s going to be in the top half of the league.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
James Monds III starting to see some action and makes a very impressive PBU on third down to force a punt.

Middle Tennessee will take over at their own 16.

We’re about midway through the 3rd qtr and still don’t have 100 yards passing against a FCS. Way way below Nick’s historical average. Only averaging 2.8 yards per carry against an FCS.

This offense is exactly what I feared it was going to be. This does not look like a good team at all. Certainly not one that’s going to be in the top half of the league.
Definitely would like to see them open up the passing game more. Hard to run when the box is stacked with 8 or 9 players no matter who you are. They need to get back to being a bit unpredictable like they were early

Reactions: TrueBlueFB_23
A quick 3-and-out for the Blue Raiders. They are going to have to prove they can push the ball down the field via the passing attack to move Tech out of the box. They attempted that putting Gamarion Carter and Kellen Stewart in the game but Nick Vattiato was forced out of the pocket and couldn't find Stewart starting to get open until it was too late.

Tech is around midfield with the ball

I see good and bad. Still lots to do to shore up the OL. Nick has been forced out of the pocket too much for my liking. And I agree in the unpredictability. No where near as many runs or TE sets this 2nd half. We are also not getting pressure vs what should be a smaller FCS OL.

Reactions: Shayne_Pickering
ASHTON MAPLES TOUCHDOWN

Jordyn Potts finds a wide-open Ashton Maples for a 33-yard touchdown pass as the defense slips up for the first time tonight.

2- Point Attempt Failed

Tennessee Tech: 11
Middle Tennessee: 21

Near end 3rd quarter and Tech is two possessions of winning this game. There isn’t a single thing I’ve been impressed with us tonight.

This has been a huge letdown and really disappointing to see what kind of team we have.

Tech out coaching us. Great call to anticipate the cover 2 for an easy TD after the man beater was successful. Not impressed with this DC. He’s chasing ghosts.

Very early in the season, but this team has a long way to go. If we had opened on the road against a quality fbs team this team would have opened with a typical game 1 beat down.
Many teams have their greatest improvement from game 1 to game 2. However, for what we have looming next week that won't be the case for us. MT will have to take solace in collecting an Ole Miss pay check.

Jekail Middlebrook turns a screen into an eleven yard completion. They have had some success on those slip screens tonight.

Cayman Spaulding for Tennessee Tech penalized for targeting so 15 yards could be added on to the play

Tech out coaching us. Great call to anticipate the cover 2 for an easy TD after the man beater was successful. Not impressed with this DC. He’s chasing ghosts.
The defense hasn't been the problem in my opinion. Outside of that one play, they've made a lot of big plays. Offense needs to be more efficient

Jekail Middlebrook turns a screen into an eleven yard completion. They have had some success on those slip screens tonight.

Cayman Spaulding for Tennessee Tech penalized for targeting so 15 yards could be added on to the play
After review, they decided that there was no targeting

The defense hasn't been the problem in my opinion. Outside of that one play, they've made a lot of big plays. Offense needs to be more efficient

This is one of the worst fcs offenses a year ago. And they are out gaining our new inept offense. There’s a lot to be worried about. We would be losing big to just about every other fbs team in the nation tonight.

This is one of the worst fcs offenses a year ago. And they are out gaining our new inept offense. There’s a lot to be worried about. We would be losing big to just about every other fbs team in the nation tonight.
It is a new offense for Tech but yeah. MTSU needs to take the reservation off the offense a little bit and put this game away here on this drive. No need to let them hang around and see what happens

Reactions: ewglenn
It is a new offense for Tech but yeah. MTSU needs to take the reservation off the offense a little bit and put this game away here on this drive. No need to let them hang around and see what happens
I’m not sure this isn’t it. Or that they can just turn it on. Tech believes they can win this game now and looks better conditioned than us. This is exactly what I expected this offense was going to look like but was hoping it wouldn’t.

I’m not sure this isn’t it. Or that they can just turn it on. Tech believes they can win this game now and looks better conditioned than us. This is exactly what I expected this offense was going to look like but was hoping it wouldn’t.
They definitely seem to be holding back on the downfield passing game they want to do to me

Nick Vattiato hit as he throws and throws it right to linebacker Aaron Swafford. Illegal blindside block takes away a pick six, but Tennessee Tech starts with the ball at their own 48. Absolutely brutal decision by Vattiato there

This is not a good offense. There no way to sugar coat this. Just really disappointing because I really wanted to believe. Get ready for a lot of games in the teens.

They looked so good right out of the gate tonight but have really fallen off. I wonder if the delay is playing into this quite a bit.

This is not a good offense. There no way to sugar coat this. Just really disappointing because I really wanted to believe. Get ready for a lot of games in the teens.

You just can’t run this shit at the G5 level. We all said it when he was hired that masons insistence on a balanced pro style offense is a huge red flag

So disappointing.

These refs have been amazing for us tonight. I have never seen so much home cooking for us in 20 years. And the timing is great, because we desperately need the help

Nick Vattiato hit as he throws and throws it right to linebacker Aaron Swafford. Illegal blindside block takes away a pick six, but Tennessee Tech starts with the ball at their own 48. Absolutely brutal decision by Vattiato there
MTSU declines the penalty and accepts a targeting penalty. MTSU will now posses the ball start at the Tech 37 with 13:21 left in the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT