ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessean writer predicts Vanderbilt @ Middle Tennessee

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
David Climer in a column of 2015 predictions:

...Mason meets MTSU: Middle Tennessee State defeats Vanderbilt at Floyd Stadium on Oct. 3, heightening pressure on Commodores coach Derek Mason. After a 3-9 debut season that included a 0-8 record in the SEC in 2014, Mason could ill afford to lose to a Conference USA program. The loss means he'll have to close strong to keep his job at Vanderbilt beyond a second season.

in a separate article by Climer's gannett colleague, Adam Sparks, listed important dates for vanderbilt football, including the commode odors' game with western ky, but omitted the game with the Blue Raiders.

This post was edited on 1/1 6:51 PM by SpaceRaider

Originally posted by MidTnBlues:
Think their new coordinators will make any difference?
possibly.

I wonder, by that time in the season when the game rolls around, which team will be under the gun and feeling the pressure more?

So Vandy comes out and says they have hired Wesley Mcgriff as a DC. Then McGriff says never mind I think I am going to stay with New Orleans as the defensive backs coach. Then Mason goes full O'Reilly and says f' it, we'll do it live and will call his own dang defensive plays. They are still looking for a WR and Cornerback coach.

Mason is just a horrible leader. I can't see his recruiting being good. He still plans to rotate QB's and now he's calling the Defense. Yikes. The D was actually ok last year. He cleans house on D and O after year 1. The dude has no plan at all. A perfect example of a coordinator who never should have been a HC.

Took a look at their schedule next year. They could easily be 1-3 before they face us. WKU is gonna rip them in half.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT