ADVERTISEMENT

Ted Cruz Busted

BlueRaiderFan

Hall of Famer
Oct 4, 2003
http://www.politicususa.com/2015/12...ecret-tape-admitting-core-positions-fake.html

On tape admitting that his core positions are fake. Republicans have no moral standards...no moral compass.

In a secret recording, Ted Cruz admitted that he doesn’t really believe what he is trying to sell to Republican voters and that if elected president, a Cruz administration would not fight same-sex marriage. He also backed off of his positions on issues like abortion and common core.

Politico released more of the secret tape of Ted Cruz talking to donors at a New York fundraiser, and it confirmed what many have long suspected. Sen. Cruz is faking it to get elected.

According to Politico:

During the question period, one of the donors told Cruz that gay marriage was one of the few issues on which the two disagreed. Then the donor asked: “So would you say it’s like a top-three priority for you — fighting gay marriage?”

“No,” Cruz replied. “I would say defending the Constitution is a top priority. And that cuts across the whole spectrum — whether it’s defending [the] First Amendment, defending religious liberty.”

Soothing the attendee without contradicting what he has said elsewhere, Cruz added: “People of New York may well resolve the marriage question differently than the people of Florida or Texas or Ohio. … That’s why we have 50 states — to allow a diversity of views. And so that is a core commitment.”

….

A well-known Republican operative not affiliated with a 2016 campaign said by email when sent Cruz’s quote: “Wow. Does this not undermine all of his positions? Abortion, Common Core — all to the states? … Worse, he sounds like a slick D.C. politician — says one thing on the campaign trail and trims his sails with NYC elites. Not supposed to be like that.”

Ted Cruz’s top priority has always been advancing

See Link

Reactions: MTOleBlue
You guys are no better than Michael Moore - taking words and spinning them....He said marriage is a states rights issue and not a supreme court issue - he backed up his support for the Constitution.

This is not any revelation. Actually, both of you look like a fool by catching something and running with it.

Mike, I appreciate you defending Sen. Cruz on John's behalf.

BBJ, I hope you don't dignify their comments with a response. Remember, it's always best not to discuss politics with children. Just reserve that for the adults on this forum.

Yes, the easy to defend "states rights" stance. He told his constituents that he opposes gay marriage overall and then goes on to say it's a states rights issue. He did exactly what the OP says he did.

Yes, the easy to defend "states rights" stance. He told his constituents that he opposes gay marriage overall and then goes on to say it's a states rights issue. He did exactly what the OP says he did.

What is wrong with his stance? I personally am against gay marriage; however, if a state wants it the constitution allows that state to go through a process to allow it. And guess what, many states did. And I am sure, over time, many states would. This is how our founding fathers set it up. Of course, the supreme court advanced the process and now its become much more divisive because its forced on all 50 states. I don't get why you can't see the wisdom of the approach?

Now you can disagree with him, but I am not following what the problem is "other" than you disagree with him.

What is wrong with his stance? I personally am against gay marriage; however, if a state wants it the constitution allows that state to go through a process to allow it. And guess what, many states did. And I am sure, over time, many states would. This is how our founding fathers set it up. Of course, the supreme court advanced the process and now its become much more divisive because its forced on all 50 states. I don't get why you can't see the wisdom of the approach?

Now you can disagree with him, but I am not following what the problem is "other" than you disagree with him.

If you are against something, you are against it. You don't say that you are completely against it and then proclaim that you would be ok with the states deciding it. That's wasn't his stance before. He has changed his tune. He's a flip flopper.

BRF,
I am completely against it but I know I am not the King. Our country has the best process to change laws, I suggest if we follow it then I will live peaceably with the result. The challenge right now is, many large issues have been decided not following our normal processes - no wonder there is such a great divide on many issues.

But back to you specific outrage with Cruz, just so I can get you on record - You are against flip floppers? Is it only a Republican Flip flopper? Please confirm.

I think he is just pointing out the hypocrisy that is politics.

Like this guy? We can agree on people being hypocrites. I just think the example of what Cruz is saying and what others have actually done - well, its apples and oranges.

Barack Obama, 2008

“The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all. And that’s what I intend to reverse when I’m president of the United States of America.”

I feel like I am living in the twilight zone these days.

Don't change the subject. Cruz is a flip flopper.

I can see if you reach really hard you might come to this conclusion...meanwhile, we have folks that actually say one thing but DO another - they are ignored by you. Got it. Ignore some, outrages by others.

Nope. Just sticking to one subject at a time. Do you really think that I can't go back and find something that Bush said he was or wasn't going to do and either didn't or did do it? All politicians say things that they later end up falling short on. It's not like the man is out there EVERY DAY saying things that he will do and then falling short on it. I see no extended pattern of behavior in this area.

BBJ, I commend you for ignoring the Jerry Springer Show/Maury Povich Show demographic on this forum. We both know trying to discuss politics with liberals is an exercise in futility.

Last edited:
Hey, I have a good career and live in one of the nicer areas of Knoxville. Think what you want, but the truth is; He's a flip flopper and his morals are lacking.

Far easier to stay in their bubble by fantasizing how much better they are than the "others" than deal with the reality that hard working, honest, successful people don't support their crap. So they try to insult you. You know, like Jesus would do.

Reactions: BlueRaiderFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT