ADVERTISEMENT

Stockstill's Buyout...a Tale of Misery

We lost miserably to a team yesterday that voted to create a football program 11 years ago backed by mega booster and former Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson. They began playing Div. 1 football only 7 years ago.
Our staff was taken to the woodshed by a young HC and staff that is one year removed from leading Austin Peay to a new level of success.

I’m gonna call Coach Donnelly tomorrow and ask for his take on this latest beat down although I have a pretty good idea already.

Calling Donnelly will not do anything...I am a family friend of his but he's is so far removed and gone from MT.

Instead of whining about it here, we should start sending letters to the Board...find out a way to make our feelings known, from writing letters to the DNJ. At least get a moment going.

Back at the end of 2009, Stock deserved more money, but the idea of so many years with low hanging goals gave us no out. The irony his yearly pay isn't that crazy for CUSA now.

It would not surprise me if we win out and sneak into a bowl. But its all getting old.
I don’t think we beat Rice or WKU but if they win out and draw the Bahamas or Hawaii again, we need to storm Cope with torches and pitchforks.

Reactions: BigBlueBrad
What? And miss a photo opp of CM in his flower shirt.

Yes, that is the one thing we can always count on... Now, you're telling me we might miss out on that? I don't know about that...

The athletic department actually posted on FB the POTW...I kid you not.

I posted a few statement disagreeing with idea...I hope others will join in.

I will. It's the eveyone gets a ribbon mentality.

Composed by the same PR machine that puts this out:

“Updated on July, 2019

Chris Massaro enters his 15th year at Middle Tennessee looking to build upon the unparalleled success the athletic department has realized since he was named Director of Athletics on April 8, 2005.

During Massaro’s tenure, Middle Tennessee has realized its greatest athletic and academic successes as evidenced by the record-setting performances by all 17 sports.

Proving to be a true visionary, Massaro has helped revolutionize the Blue Raiders’ athletic department while helping pave the way for even greater success in future years. With Massaro’s leadership, that vision took a historical step on Nov. 29, 2012 when the University accepted an invitation to join Conference USA. The Blue Raiders became official members on July 1, 2013.”

can anyone tell me how to share a screen shot. there is a message on Facebook from someone not associated with MT, he is just a guy here in ga. with a shared post from brent brocks Facebook group saying they are trying to get Stock the job.

Last edited:
Brent is actively trying to get the troops to rally behind the idea. it's post from an FSU FB group, that was shared

He and Stock were at FSU together. I’m not surprised. He probably wants to go back there with Stock.

He and Stock were at FSU together. I’m not surprised. He probably wants to go back there with Stock.
When Coach Bowden announced he was stepping down after’09, Stock was as hot as he’s ever been and they chose Jimbo Fisher over their former FSU All-American QB. Stock never worked as an Asst. at FSU either. So now after he’s barely above .500 as a HC and 61 years old they are gonna hire him?

can anyone tell me how to share a screen shot. there is a message on Facebook from someone not associated with MT, he is just a guy here in ga. with a shared post from brent brocks Facebook group saying they are trying to get Stock the job.

copy the url address and click on the picture icon above the post and insert and then post

When Coach Bowden announced he was stepping down after’09, Stock was as hot as he’s ever been and they chose Jimbo Fisher over their former FSU All-American QB. Stock never worked as an Asst. at FSU either. So now after he’s barely above .500 as a HC and 61 years old they are gonna hire him?

I sure as hell wouldn’t hire him. But if FSU wants him, they can have him.

Reactions: RaiderDawg78
474x1024.jpeg.2e4a5c6f6d1e4fb7b5a0e8fbba93ffa9

i screenshot the post.

assuming that is it.

assuming that is it.

that’s the most idiotic thing I have read in a long time. Instead of a buyout, just take him. And our AD too.

USC fans want Urban Meyer, FSU fans want Stock. I wonder which tradition power will be in playoff contention and which will be in the Birmingham Bowl in 3 years?

474x1024.jpeg.2e4a5c6f6d1e4fb7b5a0e8fbba93ffa9

assuming that is it.

I’ll add one more thing. That shows how freaking delusional the perspective of our program is within our on department. And it’s a football staffer publicly campaigning for his HC to get another job.

This guy should be fired. I’m sure Massaro will give him a contact extension though.

Composed by the same PR machine that puts this out:

“Updated on July, 2019

Chris Massaro enters his 15th year at Middle Tennessee looking to build upon the unparalleled success the athletic department has realized since he was named Director of Athletics on April 8, 2005.

During Massaro’s tenure, Middle Tennessee has realized its greatest athletic and academic successes as evidenced by the record-setting performances by all 17 sports.

Proving to be a true visionary, Massaro has helped revolutionize the Blue Raiders’ athletic department while helping pave the way for even greater success in future years. With Massaro’s leadership, that vision took a historical step on Nov. 29, 2012 when the University accepted an invitation to join Conference USA. The Blue Raiders became official members on July 1, 2013.”
We have great writers of fiction on staff. Next they should write how he has personally built our facilities to NFL levels.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
I’ll add one more thing. That shows how freaking delusional the perspective of our program is within our on department. And it’s a football staffer publicly campaigning for his HC to get another job.

This guy should be fired. I’m sure Massaro will give him a contact extension though.
If Massaro had any sense he would be advocating for FSU to hire Stock and pay his buyout. Instead he may give him a raise to keep him here another 20 years.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315

Bingo. He’s the first face that recruits see when they visit and the guy supposedly doing the community work. Yet, he’s publicly campaigning on Facebook for the MTSU Head Coach to get another job. It speaks volumes about their commitment for the past several years.

“Brock, who was director of player development from 2013 to 2016, was elevated to director of football operations in 2017. In his new role, Brock oversees the daily internal operational functions of the football program while working closely with Coach Rick Stockstill. He is instrumental in team travel, recruiting weekends, the team banquet and handling life skills events, and all community service projects.”

Last edited:
No wonder we have already lost 3 games in conference.......our assistants are more worried about open gigs at places like FSU than focusing on our own problems here at home. This dude would be fired from anywhere else and this facebook post would be a talking point all over ESPN if we weren't little middle that nobody cared about. Maybe somebody should email this to ESPN and embarrass this staff/athletic department. Can you imagine if this was a Power 5 program? Holy moly...

And this guy helps handle our recruiting weekends and handled player development from 2013-2016 ? I also remember at one point he was TE coach I believe. Glad to see where our coaches priorities are.

Of course he is a lifelong friend of Stock's and won't receive any punishment. Ongoing nepotism at its finest.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
I can’t believe Brent would post something like that on social media while employed at MT. This seems like a great opportunity to get Stock to resign. If I was the AD I would fire Brent for those comments, and I’m sure it would totally piss off Stock. Kinda like the same situation when Mike Mularky resigned with the Titans because they demanded he fire his OC.

I can’t believe Brent would post something like that on social media while employed at MT. This seems like a great opportunity to get Stock to resign. If I was the AD I would fire Brent for those comments, and I’m sure it would totally piss off Stock. Kinda like the same situation when Mike Mularky resigned with the Titans because they demanded he fire his OC.

I’m glad I’m not the only one seeing this. Yes x 1000. Brock should be fired immediately. This is beyond reprehensible, unprofessional, and unethical. WTF?? It’s one thing to lobby behind closed doors but to do so publicly is an embarrassment to this university and a slap in the face to those of us who still care about it - which is a dwindling few thanks specifically to this staff. Like Wiley said we see where the priorities are and are not.

I’m glad I’m not the only one seeing this. Yes x 1000. Brock should be fired immediately. This is beyond reprehensible, unprofessional, and unethical. WTF?? It’s one thing to lobby behind closed doors but to do so publicly is an embarrassment to this university and a slap in the face to those of us who still care about it - which is a dwindling few thanks specifically to this staff. Like Wiley said we see where the priorities are and are not.

Your right, this is beyond my imagination. What do they care, there is nothing from the MT administration that puts their jobs in jeopardy.

Reactions: RaiderDawg78
I'm of the opinion that no harm no foul, given the ZERO chance that that would gain traction, it is absurd to begin, totally laughable and not going to be seriously considered.

I don't think Dr 7 wood cares about winning football - he simply wants an APR that looks good...

I'm of the opinion that no harm no foul, given the ZERO chance that that would gain traction, it is absurd to begin, totally laughable and not going to be seriously considered.
Whether it happens or not or, the fact that he has since taken it down is no excuse for this. Quite frankly this stupidity is a first for me and I’ve been involved with college athletics for over 40 years.

He is employed by Middle Tennessee State University at the pleasure of his Head Coach, Richard Stockstill.

If I was actively promoting my boss to another institution in my industry, I would be gone before I could clean out my desk.

THIS is what we have out there right now. And, as an alum who gave fairly generously before all this crap started I’m done with it until they show the same level of commitment I did for nine years after graduating from the place.

ADVERTISEMENT