ADVERTISEMENT

Stockstill's Buyout...a Tale of Misery

Here's a unique way out of the stock dilema. Ask big stock to sell out at a drastic cut with the provision that we hire little stock as HC Cost us a lot less and can't be any worse off, then fire CM

There is no evidence lil stock would be a good HC. But we have nothing to lose.

Does anyone know if the DNJ Beat writer knows about the Brent Brock Facebook posting? I wonder if he would be interested in writing an article about it

I have to say, I think the Peay AD has made two pretty great hires the last two times they had to hire a football coach. When we have an opening at AD we need to look at what has been done there in Clarksville.
Austin Peay (FCS – TN): Per multiple reports, Southern Miss interim head coach Scotty Walden will be the next head coach at Austin Peay. More on the move here.

I have to say, I think the Peay AD has made two pretty great hires the last two times they had to hire a football coach. When we have an opening at AD we need to look at what has been done there in Clarksville.
Their AD is a great guy.
He was at Tennessee forever and I met him a couple times.

Amazing how things have changed over the past 11 years at Memphis.
This “announced” 4,117 Liberty Bowl Stadium crowd for East Carolina on ESPN in 2009 was the final nail in the coffin of the Tommy West era.
Visitors Side:

Home Side:

Last edited:
It's so sad that a coach can't be judged on his merits. He should be able to be fired based on the fact that he is doing a poor job. Not because we "cant afford to fire him." That's the most insane thing I have ever heard. Anyone who had a hand in allowing Stockstill to have a contract where instead of being judged on performance, it's always "We can't afford to fire him" after years of him deserving to be fired....needs to be fired.

Fire Massaro
Fire Stockstill
Fire McPhee

Won't happen though. The 3 stooges are protected by government bureaucracy. They should be ashamed of themselves.

excerpt from dnj article:

Why MT football coach Rick Stockstill has a $6.6 million buyout

... "It's a very high number but it's one of those numbers that I don't think we'll ever have to pay because he's been so successful," MTSU Athletic Director Chris Massaro said. "He's winning 67% of his conference games and he's 22-5 against C-USA opponents at home. All of those kind of things that I try to measure and go by, he's done.

"Part of the thing is that we knew we'd be in position to play Power Five teams and you don't want to penalize the guy because his record's going to suffer a bit. Coach Stockstill's done a great job during his time here so that buyout number doesn't bother me." ....

Let’s hope last season and this season bothers him. If not, then we need a new AD as well.

If this were free enterprise, it would fail. They would close shop and fold.

And it should.

Those pictures that FR is posting posting is JRF right now. Regardless of covid, our numbers look like that.

It's so sad that a coach can't be judged on his merits. He should be able to be fired based on the fact that he is doing a poor job. Not because we "cant afford to fire him." That's the most insane thing I have ever heard. Anyone who had a hand in allowing Stockstill to have a contract where instead of being judged on performance, it's always "We can't afford to fire him" after years of him deserving to be fired....needs to be fired.

Fire Massaro
Fire Stockstill
Fire McPhee

Won't happen though. The 3 stooges are protected by government bureaucracy. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT