Rev. Franklin Graham" "Is islam Really a Religion of Peace?"

bigbadjohn45

All American
Jul 9, 2010
Rev. Franklin Graham: 'Is Islam Really a Religion of Peace?'

October 20, 2014 - 3:44 PM

6454.jpg

By Michael W. Chapman

https://middletennessee.rivals.com/...nd-lesbian-agenda-being-pushed-administration

Rev. Franklin Graham. (AP)

Reverend Franklin Graham, head of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, has sometimes criticized Islam, and in a recent Facebook post questioned whether Islam is "really a religion of peace" noting that the Islamic State, in the latest issue of its magazine, Dabiq, defends slavery and the use of women as sex slaves "as a firmly established aspect of the Shariah."

Sharia law "guides all aspects of Muslim life, including daily routines, familial and religious obligations, and financial dealings" in most Muslim countries, according to the Council on Foreign Relations. "It is derived primarily from the Quran and the Sunna-the sayings, practices, and teachings of the Prophet Mohammed."

In his Oct. 18 Facebook post, Rev. Graham, who also runs the international aid group Samaritan's Purse, said, "Is Islam really a religion of peace? Islamic State justified kidnapping women as sex slaves in the new issue of their online magazine. They said that it is a 'firmly established aspect of Shariah' and anyone who denies this is denying the Koran."

"These are the militants who are currently terrorizing innocent Iraqis right now and advancing throughout the Middle East," he said. "Does this sound peaceful to you?"

https://middletennessee.rivals.com/image/rev-franklin

Islamic State magazine Dabiq, Issue 4.

In the Islamic State's magazine, an article about the treatment of the Yazidis in Iraq, a people the Islamic State describes as a "pagan minority."

The article says that for the Yazidis, "their women could be enslaved" and "after capture, the Yazidi women and children were then divided according to the Shariah amongst the fighters of the Islamic State who participated in the Sinjar operations [in northern Iraq], after one fifth of the slaves were transferred to the Islamic State's authority to be divided as khums."

"The enslaved Yazidi families are now sold by the Islamic State soldiers as the mushrikin were sold by the Companions before them," reads the article.

"[O]ne should remember that enslaving the families of the kuffar [non-believers] and taking their women as concubines is a firmly established aspect of the Sahriah that if one were to deny or mock, he would be denying or mocking the verses of the Qur'an and the narrations of the Prophet, and thereby apostatizing from Islam." (For more see The Atlantic here.)

Back in the spring of 2010, Rev. Franklin Graham was invited - and then disinvited - to speak at the Pentagon as part of the National Day of Prayer because of remarks he made following the 9/11 terrorist attacks about Islam.

As Rev. Graham explained to Fox's Greta Van Susteren on May 5, 2010, "First of all, Greta, I said Islam, after 9/11, I said that Islam was wicked and evil. I don't believe that Mohammed can lead anybody to God. I believe Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and life. I believe that Jesus Christ died for my sins, that He was buried for our sins, that God raised Him to life, and if we are willing to accept that and believe on faith that God will forgive us and heal our hearts."

"The Muslims don't agree with me, I don't agree with them," said the reverend, adding, "I get along fine with Muslims. We have ministry all over the world in Muslim countries. President Bashir of Sudan welcomes me to his office. He knows what I said. He knows what I believe."

Rev. Graham went on to say, "I don't like what Muslims do to women. This is a big issue for me, is how they treat women. This to me is just hard what they do."

"[Y]ou have to look at the religion and what they teach," said the reverend. "What the Qur'an actually teaches. It says you cannot take a Christian to be your friend, you cannot take a Jew to be your friend. And Greta, if you were a Muslim and wanted to convert to Christianity or Judaism, if you did not repent and turn back to Islam, your family would kill you"

"This is a real problem," he said. "We saw that little girl who went to Florida not long ago who had converted to Christianity and she was afraid her father was going to kill her. You have these honor killings that take place."

In August 2009, a young woman in Ohio, who converted from Islam to Christianity, http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=8303567

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT