ADVERTISEMENT

Real leadership/expectations/accountability

BlueAlpha

Blue Raider Fan
Aug 24, 2015
http://emclick.imodules.com/ls/clic...EmbFnff-2BdXcRm9ujqvc-2BNtq86snPLnixGTtZJM-3D

2 of our 3 daughters attended and graduated from Georgia Southern. I was then, and continue today, to be impressed with the pride their alumni have with their alma mater.
They recently have cycled through a few football coaches not meeting expectations.
I hope the above article comes through.
If nothing else resonates with you, I trust the one statement their AD made to Clay Helton during the interview process will:
Sunbelt championships are nice, but what we’re looking for here at GSU is to become relevant nationwide. I paraphrased that but you get the gist.
That, in a nutshell, is the difference in leadership between Ga Southern & MT.
It’s a good read and worth a few minutes of your time.

I have 0 expectations to ever have strong leadership. There is too much pie being eaten to ever incentivize change or accountability. To put it bluntly, they don't think that there is a problem at all and we're just unhappy dillusional message board posting nerd fans. It's a permanent dividing line that's being drawn here and they're fine with it. I guess we have to be too.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
AD made to Clay Helton during the interview process will:
Sunbelt championships are nice, but what we’re looking for here at GSU is to become relevant nationwide. I paraphrased that but you get the gist.
That, in a nutshell, is the difference in leadership between Ga Southern & MT.
It’s a good read and worth a few minutes of your time.
This is what I'm looking for. Just be relevant at a national level. On the level of how a UCF, Louisville, Boise State have built their programs. They don't always win, but people know who they are across the country because they have been in the mix at times. By 2022, I would have expected some progress towards that goal and gradually improving. I still contend we have so much going for us that we could be like those programs in time. But what I have seen, especially the past few days, is that we don't even want to be relevant. We view .500 and a lower tier bowl as a success.

It's sad. Most programs strive to break onto the national scene and carve out a name for their brand like a Boise State, Cincinatti, Houston, etc. Then you have teams like UTSA, App St., and Coastal trying to break through and getting close. I mean, why even bother playing the games if you are not gonna strive to be one of the elites ?

We could be an elite G5 program with the right people and processes in place. It's not an unrealistic goal or expectation. You've at least gotta try if nothing else. If not, just shut it down and don't bother. Does McPhee and Massaro really believe Stockstill gives us the best chance to be an elite G5? Surely not, right? For what we pay Stockstill we could hire a far superior coach, off the top of my head someone like Tim Deruyter would come for 1 mil and a chance at HC again. That man has forgotten more about football than Stuckstill ever will.

The vast majority of athletic departments and school Presidents know the importance of athletics and take pride in their University.

We have the exact opposite here in Murfreesboro. I've discussed at length the issues at MT and don't really want to waste any more time doing it. Until Steve Smith and his cronies are gone and McPhee is replaced, nothing is changing.

Last edited:
I honestly don't know if I want to read it. It makes me sick to my stomach to think this is it.....for a long while.

Reactions: dukewayne
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT