ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Finally! Real Leadership

blueraiderJT

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 15, 2006
Ok, it's official. I'm 100% all in for Derek Mason. I'm a fan and I'm giving money to BRAA or whatever. This guy and his staff is adding their own nutrition station to the current facilities plus locker room upgrades right now. They are making their own improvements until the SAPC gets done. They could have outsourced it but Nah, they are gonna get it done. Wow. Leadership. I'm a fan. This is all we wanted. It will translate to wins. I'd run through a wall for a dude like that. I just would.

He is showing he's been around real, mature and dedicated programs and knows what needs to be done. This is just awesome all around. Im happy for the young men that get to be a part of CDM's team right now.

Even if Stock did this kind of stuff, show the fans! You have thousands of fans that want to see this kind of thing. Why hide it?

I have no idea if any of this will translate to wins on the field, but man I want him to win. Since being hired, he has hit every mark and is so charismatic. He is doing what he is supposed to and more so. He is so much more likeable, energetic and engaging than Stock was. It magnifies just how stagnant and lethargic we’ve been.

There’s hope for success for the first time in a long time.

I remember seeing old Vandy interviews when Coach Mason was there & sure he wanted to win & have success, but damn!!! Is it me or is his outreach & enthusiasm even stronger here than it was in Nashville? Could be wrong, maybe this is how CDM always attacked his job, but he seems totally rejuvenated & loving life around here. Whatever the case it's all great news for anyone associated with MT.

I remember seeing old Vandy interviews when Coach Mason was there & sure he wanted to win & have success, but damn!!! Is it me or is his outreach & enthusiasm even stronger here than it was in Nashville? Could be wrong, maybe this is how CDM always attacked his job, but he seems totally rejuvenated & loving life around here. Whatever the case it's all great news for anyone associated with MT.
Couldn't agree more.
I truly think it's a case of experience and gratitude. No doubt he learned from success and failure at Vandy, and saw from a different view both successful P5 and G5 programs while with ESPN. Not to mention doing several games with CUSA teams. He is back in coaching, rejuvenated, and being in the area for so many years I think he truly understands there is opportunity for us to grow in the mid-state. He witnessed first hand the lack of coverage, excitement, etc. He isn't coming from the outside and being told about it. He's seen it and already has relationships with area media to gain us exposure immediately. So far he has done everything right.

Reactions: Hop45
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT