ADVERTISEMENT

Q & A with Lee De Leon

Like this. Things like this are questions for me as well.

This is a good event, in the AM on a weekday. This is Homecoming weekend. Why not make it part of that? Include an exhibition game with it with us or even two of the high school teams. Bring local parents in and build a relationship. Seems to me we should be having things like this with easier access to the general public or younger BRAA members we are trying to bring in.

Reactions: SpaceRaider

This is a good event, in the AM on a weekday. This is Homecoming weekend. Why not make it part of that? Include an exhibition game with it with us or even two of the high school teams. Bring local parents in and build a relationship. Seems to me we should be having things like this with easier access to the general public or younger BRAA members we are trying to bring in.

I, too, received the same notification. A month ago there was ground breaking for the new on-campus tennis facility. It was also mid-morning during the week. From the pictures there appeared to be a good turnout but why do a stand alone event during the week when plenty of opportunities to tie them in with other sport events Friday-Saturday.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer

Most of these events are on weekdays. I am always traveling for work and have to miss them. Putting the basketball arena 50th celebration would have been good.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
Would love to connect with you! Send me your contact info. My email is lee.deleon@mtsu.edu. Looking forward to it!
Strongly encourage DisgruntledAlum to reach out.

Lee (and his team) have done a FANTASTIC job of rebuilding & repairing bridges in year 1.

It's something MT fans have been begging for a while. Take advantage of it. And remember, relationships are a two way street.

I have a request:

Put basketball and football games back on WMOT.
Great idea.

Someone who reads but doesn't post brought something up that I have complained about with no result in the past. The 6PM starts to week night basketball games, M & W, needs to be discontinued, People getting off work, driving from work, to grab a quick meal at home, gather the kids and wife, park and get to the game make it impossible to get in their seats by tip off.

I don't remember when it changed, been quite a number of years, but I remember when men and women had double headers, the men started at 7:30 or later, and when very successful, attendance was larger and games more well attended.

I don't get why games don't start later. 6:30 or 7PM on weeknights would make it a lot easier for those commuting from their jobs to home from Nashville to attend and increase attendance. You get the idea that the athletic department starts games at 6 instead is more geared to the AD employees than to attract fans, adding to the impression that the fan is far down the list of priorities in Murphy center,

Totally agree. The people MT needs to target for tickets and donations are still working class citizens which makes it extremely difficult to attend these functions.

I really enjoyed reading the Q&A with Lee. I honestly feel like we have someone in our corner that listens and will do their absolute best to deliver.
I don't have this kind of faith in the "next guy up" underling stuff, which is what Lee is.

Marco Born, Whit Turnbow, David Blackburn. They've all come and gone with zero substance or change IMHO, and it's hard for me to believe that Lee will be any different. I feel like these are just spokespeople that CM puts in place so he doesn't have to deal with the "tough" questions from the dwindling fanbase.

I don't have this kind of faith in the "next guy up" underling stuff, which is what Lee is.

Marco Born, Whit Turnbow, David Blackburn. They've all come and gone with zero substance or change IMHO, and it's hard for me to believe that Lee will be any different. I feel like these are just spokespeople that CM puts in place so he doesn't have to deal with the "tough" questions from the dwindling fanbase.
Would love to prove you wrong! Hit me up at lee.deleon@mtsu.edu and I’ll buy you lunch. Looking forward to it!

I've written for GoMiddle for 10 of the last 12 or so years. We've known members of the MT AD read our articles (and the message board, for that matter). Massaro said as much when Casey & I sat down with him a while back.

But we have NEVER (to my knowledge) had a current AD employee engage on the board. Lee (and his staff) aren't just asking fans to come to "their territory" (Murphy Center, Floyd), they're going to the fans where they fans are (Twitter, message board, etc).

Marco, Whit, and David all brought something to the table. But Lee has taken things to the next level. That's what he did at ULL, Purdue, and ACU.

So, as for Lee being the "'next guy up underling'", I really believe things are different. I've seen more engagement with fans by MULTIPLE AD personnel in the last 6-9 months, than I have in the last 6-9 years.

We can express our frustration re: football, but the winds of change are turning in the AD. Have turned. It's time to buy in to the overall positive direction of MT athletics. Groundbreaking for SAPC later this year / early next year. Phase 2 (I believe) includes significant investment into MC, MBB, and WBB.

Gotta win on the field, but they have won A LOT off the field. That's a reason to celebrate.

How could you leave out McCluney and Gosha??? 😂😂

Seriously, the last BRAA team to build any excitement with me was Farley, Mewbourne and Marks. These new guys seem to have the same energy and commitment. I just hope they don’t get frustrated. “Winning” makes their jobs 100x easier and that’s on Stock and McDevitt.

6yc5he.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT