ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Post Week One CUSA Power Rankings

Austin O’Hara???

excerpt:

"The Blue Raiders battled but eventually just got worn down by Michigan. The defense at least played as advertised though. Considering how the offense still looked to be finding its rhythm with Austin O’Hara, the defense will need to win some games in the early going"

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Not sure how FIU and FAU are ranked over us...oh well. That will take care of itself.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I really liked what I saw Saturday night. Outside of possibly Iowa, I don't see another defense taking away Ty Lee like Michigan did. And our defense is legit.

To be honest how many games you going to win rushing for 67 yards and just over 300 yards of total offense? i didn't get to see the game, i just looked at the stats.

To be honest how many games you going to win rushing for 67 yards and just over 300 yards of total offense? i didn't get to see the game, i just looked at the stats.

How many games will we be facing a defense the caliber of Michigan's?

Reactions: BlueAlpha
To be honest how many games you going to win rushing for 67 yards and just over 300 yards of total offense?

Very simplistic statement based on a sample size of one.

The numbers were there, Asher was 22 of 32 with a 6.8 PY/A on passing (Patterson was 7 PY/A) but it boiled down to the run game which was 28 attempts for 2.4 RY/A. The difference between Michigan vs any school in C-USA is going to come down to speed and size of the front 7, we could go around in circles about it but it's no secret the guys in the P5 start out a little taller, little heavier, and little faster. What might be 2.8 RY/A against a Michigan might be a 4.8 RY/A in C-USA.

You didn't get to see the game but there were several occasions where there were jailbreaks, some was scheme related and others were just bigger more explosive human beings but the run game was under duress the whole game and the heavies weren't going to dominate the trenches against UM. Additionally the average field position was way out of whack (primarily due to UM Defense) with MTSU beginning at -24.5 and UM was -43 so MT was giving up ~20 yds in field position on every possession (~16 for the game).

Lastly our lack of offensive efficiency put a big strain on our defense (which did incredibly well considering), MT D was subjected to ~86 snaps to UM ~59 snaps, taking ~46% more snaps then UM. Realistically the biggest difference between G5 and P5 usually translates to the quality of talented reserves and MT D had to play 50% more snaps then UM with reserve talent...it was an inspiring effort on the part of the MTSU D.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT