ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Orlando Sentinel 2019 College Football Preseason Countdown

That preseason poll is never right though. They had FIU at like 106 last year and they went 9-4, dang near won the east and won their bowl game.

Healy will take Charlotte to a bowl this year. They have the defense right now to go. WKU already has the weapons. They had an idiot leading them. Their old OC is back and will have them up and running like he did in 14 and 15. LaTech has Skip. That's all you need to know.

As far as we are concerned, I think we will rise above their predictions.

I don't take these polls serious. It's more of a small glimpse of what is expected from our conference. I think Marshall is still king of this conference. WKU is probably a year away from their dominance again.
Charlotte may be the sleeper.

What about our conference’s recent history suggests anything other than another lowly finish in football?

UAB is definitely taking a slide this season. UNT is in an upswing and I think FAU will bounce back. I see FIU and FAU giving people fits.

Looks like the F_U's and Marshall are the top tier, and then an undefinable mish-mash of mediocrity below....then UTEP.

Honestly, until we know what we have at QB, I think that's probably where we need to be. If Johnson or O'Hara are another great MT QB, I could see us challenge for the top group. If not, then there's probably not much difference between us and the rest of the pack.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT