ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Open Date, this week's standings and CUSA games

JSU most likely about to go 7-2. Unreal.

And imagine depending on their next two games, if NMSU somehow beats WKU in a few weeks. They would have a legit chance in making the champ game assuming WKU loses to Liberty.

JSU most likely about to go 7-2. Unreal.

And imagine depending on their next two games, if NMSU somehow beats WKU in a few weeks. They would have a legit chance in making the champ game assuming WKU loses to Liberty.
But they're ineligible to play in it

NMSU now bowl eligible and Liberty now 6-0 conference and locked in their spot in the champ game. A win next week would secure it at their house as best NMSU can get is 7-1 and best WKU can get is 6-2. NMSU already lost to Liberty.

Heck of a job Jerry Kill has done out there considering their history.

NMSU now bowl eligible and Liberty now 6-0 conference and locked in their spot in the champ game. A win next week would secure it at their house as best NMSU can get is 7-1 and best WKU can get is 6-2. NMSU already lost to Liberty.

Heck of a job Jerry Kill has done out there considering their history.
I’d be willing to bet the house we beat NMSU next week.

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

NMSU looked pretty solid last night. I went down a rabbit hole reading up on Jerry Kill. He doesnt look like someone that can connect with young kids, but his record is pretty good. I’ll give him a little pass at MN because he had health issues, but he’s got a track record of elevating places he has been.

good running game, decent defense. Probably better coaches all around. Definitely at HC. I think they take care of us.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
NMSU looked pretty solid last night. I went down a rabbit hole reading up on Jerry Kill. He doesnt look like someone that can connect with young kids, but his record is pretty good. I’ll give him a little pass at MN because he had health issues, but he’s got a track record of elevating places he has been.

good running game, decent defense. Probably better coaches all around. Definitely at HC. I think they take care of us.
I'm taking NMSU as well...

It would be typical after the important first few games of conference play for his team to win an almost meaningless game, after all the fans having given up any hope for his first conference championship after 18 long, floundering, mediocre years here.

It would be typical after the important first few games of conference play for his team to win an almost meaningless game, after all the fans having given up any hope for his first conference championship after 18 long, floundering, mediocre years here.
Yea, I'm done... I gave it a shot, went to three games and left disappointed.

It's my own fault... I thought weeknight games give me something to do to get out of the house and we get smoked in 3 of 4.

Sidebar, anyone else notice Vrabel looked as pathetic as Stock at his presser?

Reactions: BRaiderDave
A long road trip at that. El Paso and Las Cruces are never easy and NMSU is in a hot streak. No way I'm betting on us. Hope yes. Bet, no.

I really can’t give two dumps about what happens in these next meaningless games. All so we can sit ont he edge of our seat on whether Stockstill gets another $1M bonus for reaching .500. No thanks.

It’s an abomination what’s happened to this program.

Yea, I'm done... I gave it a shot, went to three games and left disappointed.

It's my own fault... I thought weeknight games give me something to do to get out of the house and we get smoked in 3 of 4.

Sidebar, anyone else notice Vrabel looked as pathetic as Stock at his presser?
Vrabel is done. I bet Miss Amy lit his tail up after the loss to the Ravens.

You might want to check the score last time we visited Las Cruces. It was utter bloodshed.

Probably won't be as bad this time around, but we are not winning this game.

JSU blasted FIU there in Florida 41-16

UTEP scored 17 in the 4th quarter to get by Sam Houston State 37-34

SHSU remains winless at 0-8, 0-5. MT finishes the season there, I bet if SHSU remains winless and is 0-11, they don't go 0-12. But they play Kennesaw State next where they are a probable 82.8% favorable pick, so the odds of MT being their first win of 2023 are not good.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t bet on Stock to beat Riverdale or

SHSU remains winless at 0-8, 0-5. MT finishes the season there, I bet if SHSU remains winless and is 0-11, they don't go 0-12. But they play Kennesaw State next where they are a probable 82.8% favorable pick, so the odds of MT being their first win of 2023 are not good.
I said before the season we will lose to SH. I didn't think it would be SH first win.
Embarrassing if it happens.

It's already embarrassing.

Just the fact we're talking about the feasibility of it is indicative of the inexplicable abomination that is this program. So, yeah it's already embarrassing.

Having trouble listening to Nashville sports radio (specifically 104.5). They still talk about Vrabel as the best coach in the NFL.
They fired Robinson and kept Vrabel and Titans continue to lose. Maybe Vrabel is the limp factor.

He sounds like Stock, his "we competed" is him saying "we gotta coach better and play better". I think he's hit hs coaching ceiling, like Stock.

But they aren't considered FBS yet, KSU I mean.

I really like Vrabel, but he just isn't the guy to get the Titans over the hump. Excellent Stock analogy above.

They fired Robinson and kept Vrabel and Titans continue to lose. Maybe Vrabel is the limp factor.

He sounds like Stock, his "we competed" is him saying "we gotta coach better and play better". I think he's hit hs coaching ceiling, like Stock.

they don't have the players. qb is a bum, defense is mediocre. you won't win many games in the NFL with a bum qb and mediocre defense. coach probably isn't that great either, but it doesn't matter if you don't have the players

they must go full rebuild mode, which appears to be starting with the offloading of Kevin byard. You don't give away one of the best safeties in the league if you're planning on being competitive any time soon.

they don't have the players. qb is a bum, defense is mediocre. you won't win many games in the NFL with a bum qb and mediocre defense. coach probably isn't that great either, but it doesn't matter if you don't have the players

they must go full rebuild mode, which appears to be starting with the offloading of Kevin byard. You don't give away one of the best safeties in the league if you're planning on being competitive any time soon.
I thought Tannehill sucked in Miami. He had one good year, contract year, and did same here in Nashville. Dude is horrendous.

Henry will be next to be gone...

But all their goals are still in front of them. If only they could coach and play better.

Imagine what he'd do with a decent OL.

Nick has been tremendous for us, especially when you consider how bad our OL is.

It’s a shame Rick isn’t about winning. If he would hire a better OL coach and put a little more effort into recruiting on the OL (namely, more scholarship numbers for the OL) this team could have been significantly better. When healthy, we have a solid defense and special teams. All we really needed in the important games was a better OL and less injuries on the DL and we could have maybe won.

The O Line is the biggest issue by far. They cannot stop anyone.

Nick has a feel for the game that a lot of qb's don'thave. He's a much better qb than what UT has now. Don't get me wrong I'm glad Nick is here, but I think UT would have won in Tuscaloosa had they had someone like Nick under center.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT