ADVERTISEMENT

Non MT: Tyler Summitt mess @ La Tech

blueraiderJT

Hall of Famer
Oct 15, 2006
http://espn.go.com/womens-college-b...er-summitt-resigns-louisiana-tech-women-coach

What a gigantic mess over there.

This is the a$$ clown who the idiots over at 104.5 couldn't wait to interview when they came to our freakin campus a couple of months ago! We remember that day when the mid-day crew was on campus and didn't interview Franklin, Stock, Insell or any member of the athletic dept. But they sure as hell interviewed this moron while they were preparing to play us that night. You could practically hear the puckering as they kissed this dude's rear for 10 minutes.

I didn't like him that much then so I'm not too sad that he got canned but it's what led up to it. Yikes. Hands off the merch Tyler! His career is pretty much done and his marriage is probably done too. No school in their right mind will ever touch a guy who "allegedly" knocked up one of his players while having an improper relationship with them. Imagine having him come to your house and recruit your daughter to play at his school after this. It won't happen. He's a risk to any school that would hire him. Mom has to be upset over this. That guy isn't very bright.

Way to go 104.5 getting that killer interview while being at another school's campus and ignoring it's awesome coaches that have some REAL integrity. I might call in and remind them of it. :)

This is karma for hiring a guy for the wrong reason. The kid was hired for his momma's name and what it means to wbb. CRI coached circles around him in their meetings.

Reactions: MarJac23
Question: "Is there anything that has occurred in this job that you didn't see coming?" HAHAHAHAHA He would probably answer that a lot differently now.

Just way too young for a young man to be a coach of a women's college basketball team. While it would be considered by most to be considered an abuse of authority for any relationship between coach and player, he is pretty much in the same age group as upper class players. A male HC of his age in women's college bball with that much power and authority in an incredibly close working environment is just way too young. Maybe this will serve as a lesson in the years ahead for institutions when they are choosing their next HC.

I'm certainly not condoning any of his "alleged" behaviors. I'd like to think a 2nd chance would be possible years down the road after he's grown up. The people who hired him share in at least some moral responsibility in my opinion.

If he coaches again, it will be for a men's team. It's the recruiting part that would haunt him on the Women's side and it should. He got the girl pregnant for Pete's sake. How did he think this was gonna end? Stupid.

Plus, there was a lot of other stuff going on too from what I've seen. It's a dumpster fire deal. I don't blame the school at all. He's been in women's B-Ball since he was a toddler. He knew better. This is his mess, not anyone else's.

Interesting perspective but I can't agree with the age aspect. It assumes a generalization that a young man does not have self control. What this doofus did is not restricted to any age. I'm all for second chances but there is no way in hell I would advise my daughters to play for a coach that impregnated a player while married. That is not about forgiveness. That is about living with the consequences of choices.

Just way too young for a young man to be a coach of a women's college basketball team. While it would be considered by most to be considered an abuse of authority for any relationship between coach and player, he is pretty much in the same age group as upper class players. A male HC of his age in women's college bball with that much power and authority in an incredibly close working environment is just way too young. Maybe this will serve as a lesson in the years ahead for institutions when they are choosing their next HC.

I'm certainly not condoning any of his "alleged" behaviors. I'd like to think a 2nd chance would be possible years down the road after he's grown up. The people who hired him share in at least some moral responsibility in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT