ADVERTISEMENT

NMSU just killed their basketball program

subkyle

Blue Raider Fan
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2014
I just read where NMSU just killed off their basketball program for serious hazing issues. This is extremely disappointing since we are going to be conference mates.

Really weird situation. I’m guessing the pendulum will swing the other direction after the whole staff is fired. One of their players was shot after an altercation earlier this year. I think you’re seeing the poor culture of a program. A real lack of accountability. I know our society is growing more and more sensitive today, but reading about it, I just don’t think this is one of those situations.

This will hit Las Cruces pretty hard. They are the 2nd largest city in New Mexico at around 100,000 which is a fairly barren state for college sports. Their turnout for basketball is usually better than any team we currently have in CUSA. Ultimately they will get their program back, it's too popular a sport out their. But this will take quite a while to get back, years probably. Terrible news for both Las Cruces & CUSA.
Apparently the new Coach & staff imposed zero accountability on themselves or their players.

Things just keep working out swimmingly for Judy. It's oh so wonderful being in a conference with her leadership.

No, I'm not saying it's her fault. Typically, NMSU has a really good bball program. It's just weird or funny, or fill in the blank, that this is the state of C-USA under her leadership.

Lack of accountability is an understatement. Hazing issue and on top of that, apparently the staff didn't fully cooperate with authorities about a shooting investigation either. Will be a full house cleaning for sure.

I really don’t think this will affect them too bad. I actually think it will help because they will clean house. They should be able to hire a good coach to get it back on track.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT