ADVERTISEMENT

BB RECRUITING OT: Rivals Prospect Rankings

Brew_Raider

True Blue
Oct 31, 2015
Can someone associated with Rivals explain the prospect review/rating process?

There are a few players in TN, specifically the class of 2024 basketball class, that I am familiar with that are just as talented and has just as a high a ceiling as some of the few rated 3 star players in the database.

These kids are playing the same AAU team/tournaments as the 3 star kid. I don’t want to disparage the 3-star player in any way, but I cannot understand how kid A is a 3 star and these other 2 kids are not even listed in Rivals database, let alone not be be rated the same.

We aren’t talking just my opinion, the two I am referencing are All-State, Mr Basketball caliber players. It’s more of a if kid A is a 3 star, there is zero reason these kids are not 2/3 stars as well. It’s like Rivals is missing a significant a number of the 2/3 star players that have a legit chance of lower D1 ball.

Can someone explain how kids get rated in Rivals for basketball? Seems way harder than football.

Can someone associated with Rivals explain the prospect review/rating process?

There are a few players in TN, specifically the class of 2024 basketball class, that I am familiar with that are just as talented and has just as a high a ceiling as some of the few rated 3 star players in the database.

These kids are playing the same AAU team/tournaments as the 3 star kid. I don’t want to disparage the 3-star player in any way, but I cannot understand how kid A is a 3 star and these other 2 kids are not even listed in Rivals database, let alone not be be rated the same.

We aren’t talking just my opinion, the two I am referencing are All-State, Mr Basketball caliber players. It’s more of a if kid A is a 3 star, there is zero reason these kids are not 2/3 stars as well. It’s like Rivals is missing a significant a number of the 2/3 star players that have a legit chance of lower D1 ball.

Can someone explain how kids get rated in Rivals for basketball? Seems way harder than football.

Not sure if it's done any differently now, but someone at some point actually has to make a profile for the prospect. It sounds like nobody has made a profile for these prospects yet, in which case they wouldn't be ranked/reviewed. Either laziness, lack of rivals workers doing the job, or the kid doesn't have any major college interest so they don't think they're worthy.

Rivals is not well known for it's basketball recruiting. Might want to check other services for that.

Not sure if it's done any differently now, but someone at some point actually has to make a profile for the prospect. It sounds like nobody has made a profile for these prospects yet, in which case they wouldn't be ranked/reviewed. Either laziness, lack of rivals workers doing the job, or the kid doesn't have any major college interest so they don't think they're worthy.

Rivals is not well known for it's basketball recruiting. Might want to check other services for that.
Thanks for that.

I live in GA football heaven, there’s usually 2 or 3 P5 athletes recruited out of my neighborhood a year for football. I have learned what a real P5 athlete looks like compared to G5, FCS or lower just by going to local HS games or watching a pickup game in my neighborhood. Rivals seems to know if these kids fart against the wind for football.

However for basketball it seems like a different service. There’s a few lower G5 kids or lower FCS level kids that are not even in the database.

Just very different.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT