ADVERTISEMENT

New York City?!?! Get a rope!

nashvillegoldenflash

Hall of Famer
Dec 10, 2006
The cowboy finishes off the last of the Pace Picante Salsa. He is handed another brand of salsa and looks skeptical. His cowboy buddies crowd around to read the label and discover this “stuff’s made in New York City.” The cowboy replies: “New York City? Get a rope!”

Whether it’s salsa or liberal legislation, there are some things many Americans will not embrace from the Big Apple.

And now that the focus of the primary is in New York, a lot of talk will be made about Cruz's comment of "New York values" but I believe most conservatives fully understand what he means by "New York values."

While Donald Trump cynically maintains that he has no clue what Ted Cruz’s phrase “New York values” means – and while he scurrilously implies that Cruz has some sort of malicious, nasty feeling about New Yorkers over 9/11 – the above video from a nationally televised 1999 interview shows Trump is completely familiar with the “New York values” to which Cruz referred.

Trump appeared on Meet The Press on October 24, 1999, where he had several exchanges with Tim Russert:

RUSSERT: Do you think gays should be allowed to be married?

TRUMP: It’s something I haven’t given lots of thought to. I live in New York City, there is a tremendous movement on to have and allow gay marriage. It’s just something that is too premature for me to comment on.

RUSSERT: How about gays serving in the military?

TRUMP: It would not disturb me. I mean, hey, I lived in New York City and Manhattan all my life, so my views are a little bit different than if I lived in Iowa, perhaps…

Then there was this exchange:

RUSSERT: Partial birth abortion. Eliminating of abortion in the third trimester. Big issue in Washington. Would President Trump ban partial birth abortion?

TRUMP: Well, look, I’m very pro-choice…and again, it may be a little bit of a New York background, because there is some different attitude in different parts of the country, and you know, I was raised in New York, and grew up and work and everything else in New York City.

RUSSERT: But you would not ban it.

TRUMP: No…I am pro-choice in every respect as far as it goes, but I just hate it.

Cruz, in his description of “New York values" said, “everyone understands that the values in New York City are socially liberal or pro-abortion or pro- gay-marriage, focus around money and the media.”

In other words, Cruz’s description of “New York values” are precisely the values that Trump specifically cites as springing from his New York upbringing. Repeatedly. And even distinguishes from Iowa values. Amazing.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/2651/heres-video-proof-trumps-cynical-phony-new-york-ben-shapiro

New York Values

New Ted Cruz Ad For New York Ties Donald Trump To Democrats And Corruption

cruz-ny-ad.png

Ted Cruz’s campaign, not a super PAC, has released an ad developed for the New York market. It ties Donald Trump to a number of significant Democrat politicians with corruption problems by showing how much money they have received from Trump in political contributions.

If you don’t have time to view the video, these are the high points

• Trump handed over $41,000 to Eliot Spitzer, who made it all the way to the Governor’s Mansion before his relationship with a high-priced prostitute became public. And Trump gave almost $4500 to disgraced former Congressman Anthony Weiner who publicly tweeted lewd pictures of himself.
  • Trump has no problem handing out cash to some of the most liberal politicians hailing from New York. He gave $64,000 to Andrew Cuomo, helped elect and re-elect New York mayor David Dinkins, and donated $8,900 to Chuck Schumer, one of the leading Senate Democrats advocating for amnesty and to put liberal justices on the Supreme Court.
  • Trump is a significant backer of the corrupt Democrat machine in New York, giving $138,000 to the party over several decades. Since 1999, Trump has personally contributed over $350,000 to New York candidates and committees, and at least an additional $50,000 through one of his businesses.
  • Trump’s relationship with the Clintons goes back decades. In addition to inviting Bill and Hillary to his wedding, he has contributed to Hillary’s New York senate and presidential campaigns, and given at least $100,000 to the Clinton Foundation (though some reports have it closer to $250,000).
  • He’s also given thousands of dollars to individuals with legal and ethical violations. Trump gave $56,000 to convicted felon Alan Hevesi who went to prison for a massive pay to play pension scandal. He contributed to a disgraced Queens assemblyman who stole $90,000 from a little league association. And he donated to Sheldon Silver, a former Speaker of the New York State Assembly who is facing 130 years in prison for a corruption.
As I noted earlier today, the real objective for Cruz in New York is not necessarily to win, though that would be sweet indeed, but to keep Trump from winning 50%+ at the state and congressional district level. This ad may very well move the needle enough to accomplish that goal.

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/201...-york-ties-donald-trump-democrats-corruption/

WATCH: Ivanka Trump Tells Others to Change Party Registration, After Failing to Herself

The CR Wire reported Saturday that at least two of Donald Trump's children -- Eric and Ivanka -- will be unable to vote for their father in the upcoming New York Republican primary because they missed the deadline to register as Republicans. The strict party registration rules seemingly went unnoticed by the Trump camp and may, in fact, hurt him on primary day in his home-state. Failing to register by the deadline did not stop Ivanka from making tutorial videos instructing supporters to register by deadlines. Watch here, via the Donald Trump YouTube page, as Ivanka tells voters to register early as a Republican in order to vote Trump in Nevada:

Previously in South Carolina she again reminded supporters to register in a Get Out The Vote message:

If only Ivanka had taken her own advice. The Trump campaign will have to hope regular voters weren't as forgetful if Trump hopes to capture over 50 percent of the vote come April 19th.

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/04/ivanka-trump-didnt-take-her-own-advice
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Great comments:
  • "The Trump family are people that never bother to read the rules, because they feel they can't be bothered with them themselves. Never mind that Trump himself has changed parties multiple times. Twice as a Republican, twice as a Democrat, once on the Reform ticket when he ran in the primary for POTUS and dropped out, and once on the Independent ticket. This is a man who has no convictions, is proud to say he can "change to be whatever his supporters want him to be", has no character, no integrity, and no morals. He often changes his views as often as he changes his underwear and then denies saying what came out of his mouth just 5 minutes before."

This is a man who said he wanted to blow up the Republican party and destroy Washington politics, and refuses to play by the rules. Then ask Trump supporters what he would replace it with, and what would be their party platform. The sound of crickets chirping."
  • "Maybe Eric and Ivanka were planning on doing what they normally do - vote Democrat.....just like their Daddy Warbucks normally does. Actually I doubt they "planned" on anything. With their obscene wealth, they typically do whatever they want whenever they want. New York's royalty usually do."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT