ADVERTISEMENT

Over 1,200 posts in five threads pertaining to conference reshuffling

MTFNBY5

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2005
Several new, returning, and visiting posters have interjected on the subject. Since I pulled back earlier this year I've been drawn into reading the comments and opinions frequently but IIRC have only posted once. Some posters have strong opinions and at least one is very verbose in defending his position. It interesting that a political spin-doctor couldn't come up with as many reasons for defending his position as this poster. Regardless, I respect his passion, writing ability, and creative mind.

From my position as a MT fan for 50+ years who tries to keep up but lives within 45 minutes from campus; too far away to have what little inside information I once had I still have some opinions as to why MT is caught in this situation. But my opinions on why we are in this situation or as to what MT should do are not the subject of this post although I have strong (some very strong) on the subject.

I do not think this post will start a thread nor is it the reason for posting. It will be okay with me if there are no responses.
I just make the point that it is sad that we have so much discussion, so many posts, so many different posters; on this subject yet we see so little enthusiasm for normal athletic events surrounding MT (games, commits, signing days, etc.) Wish I saw so much interest throughout the athletic year.

As for me I'm going back to reading this forum only once each morning; quit reading other C-USA related sites; and wait for the eventual outcome. I realize that there are a lot of i's to dot and t's to cross but I damn sure wish this round of conference reshuffling as it relates to MT would resolve soon.

Last edited:
I’ll make sure you get a response. Good advice, I’ll make sure I cross my i. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: MT Glenn
I'm one of those returning posters.

At some point in the last 5 or so years, I just got bored with the Stock show. It's not like I didn't care - I still popped in and checked the score of every game. But my dwindling entertainment time budget didn't have room for the every year same old, same old 6-6 Stock show.

For whatever reason, all this conference re-alignment is exciting, or, at the very least, interesting.

I was one to attend every game when living in Murfreesboro and watched them all on TV that I could for a while. Now I don’t bother most of the time with football. Basketball I do still watch but the crap product from Stockstill is not appealing at all right now

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT