ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee vs Marshall, 2:30PM, Saturday, November 7

A friend told me that the coach was praising the MT QB and said we now have a QB that can throw the ball downfield. I guess all the passes in the flat every other play helps the run. Also noticed that the QB had a lot of good # on passing ,TD's vs Int's and so forth. Wonder if that is partly because we have abandoned the run so his #'s go sky high and he can break all the records at MT. Strange how a run game that was supposed to be our strong point this year has completely gone down the toilet. Just makes me wonder.

Reactions: bigbadjohn45
Funny thing is 3 or 4 games ago our fans were complaining about how stubborn we were by continuing to try to run. Now we're padding lil Stocks stats by not running.

I will say that I think a running QB like Grammer makes the RBs better. I think the threat of a qb run makes defenses hesitate just a split second. That hesitation leads to yards imo. CJ$ was never the same without VY. Same line. Same speed. Couldn't get to the second level. I do wonder what the effect of our qb change has had on our run game but I don't think it's because we are padding stats.

Marshall - 58 Little Middle -17

4472_trollwarning_1.jpg

Weird that we have more Mempiss fans here now than when they were on our schedule. Are they all banned from the Tiger High board?

Memphis fans have nothing to gloat about in their series with Marshall. The Herd leads the series 6-2.

Unfortunately for us, the guy responsible for most of those Memphis losses to Marshall will be in our press box on the headphones to Nix trying figure out how to stop them.

Goblueraiders.com:

GAME INFORMATION
(FULL GAME NOTES)

(GAMEDAY CENTRAL)

Hashtag: #BeatMarshall, #BlueRaiders
Twitter: MT_FB
Instagram: @MTAthletics
Facebook: Blue Raider Athletics

Game Captains: OL Jaylen Hunter, DL Jimal McBride, LB Trey Wafford

Date: Saturday, Nov. 7
Time: 2:35 PM
Teams: Middle Tennessee (3-5) vs Marshall (8-1)
Stadium: Floyd Stadium (30,788)
Weather Forecast:AM Showers, 58°
TV: Fox Sports Regional Network
Radio: WMOT-FM (89.5), WGNS (1450 AM/100.5 FM/101.9 FM), Game 2 (102.5/94.9/95.1)
Play-by-Play:Chip Walters
Analysis:Wes Hofacker
Raider Walk: 12:15 PM
Gates Open: 1:00 PM

Live Audio/Live Streaming | Live Stats

SERIES HISTORY
Overall: Marshall leads 3-1
At Middle Tennessee: 1-0
At Marshall: 0-3
At Neutral Site: 0-0
Rick Stockstill vs Marshall: 1-1
Doc Holliday vs MT: 1-1
Last MT Win: 2013 (51-49)
Last MU Win: 2014 (49-24)

RAIDERS FACE STREAKING HERD ON SATURDAY

A friend told me that the coach was praising the MT QB and said we now have a QB that can throw the ball downfield. I guess all the passes in the flat every other play helps the run. Also noticed that the QB had a lot of good # on passing ,TD's vs Int's and so forth. Wonder if that is partly because we have abandoned the run so his #'s go sky high and he can break all the records at MT. Strange how a run game that was supposed to be our strong point this year has completely gone down the toilet. Just makes me wonder.

"Strange how a run game that was supposed to be our strong point this year has completely gone down the toilet. Just makes me wonder."

I guess it must be all those injuries on the OL. Or, it's that tough schedule we had that's beat us down. Or.... (Plug in another Stockstill excuse here....)

Hell, the prediction from the Memphis fan might actually be better than what really happens tomorrow.

DOn't get me wrong I like Tucker but why not run the ball with your healthy back down the stretch instead of the back who isnt completely healthy

Reactions: C-Bow
dadgum, I was saying a couple weeks ago I thought MT was gonna beat Marshall and they dang ol' did, I tell you whut.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT