SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Date: Nov. 12, 2018
Time: 7 p.m. CT
Arena: Curb Event Center
Coach: Rick Byrd (Tennessee, ‘76) Overall: 778-395 (38th year) at Belmont: 686-340 (33rd year)

Series: MT leads 21-16

TV: ESPN+ Kevin Ingram (play-by-play) Greg Sage (color) Paris Lawson (sideline)
RADIO: 94.9/95.1 FM, 100.5/101.9 FM, 1450 AM

Roster: Bruins

WATCH

LISTEN

LIVE STATS

PREVIEW

Game Notes (pdf)

Last edited:
Looking at both Belmont and MT schedules it says this game is available on espn3 but when I go to espn watch schedule it says ESPN+

We had a hard time beating them with our best teams. Maybe it was a coaching match up problem. Maybe Coach Nick can coach better against a team who fires threes all game.

I have respect for Belmont but it's so irritating when they get going from behind the arc.

IIRC Belmont is starting 3 freshman. Of course, Byrd was recruiting to this system while McDevitt was taking left-overs out of necessity.

Belmont was one of the few teams that prospered under our 1-3-1. I think it will be different now. Maybe not this year.

That corner was where Byrd's teams make their living. He'll have to get past Mcdevitt's long guards in the future.

Not sure what will happen tonight, but our system match up much better with Belmont. This should be a high scoring game.

I just happy with no more hack a thons by MT.

excerpt:

...The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders and the Belmont Bruins meet in college basketball action from the Curb Event Center on Monday night.

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders will look for a quality road win to build on their 2-0 start to the year following a 102-70 win over Milligan in their last outing. Antonio Green led the Blue Raiders with 24 points on 9 of 19 shooting with 6 triples while Karl Gambles added 16 points and 12 rebounds for the double-double. James Hawthorne added 14 points and 3 blocks while Reggie Scurry has 13 points and 12 rebounds for a double-double of his own. Donovan Sims added 11 points on 4 of 8 shooting with 3 triples along with 3 steals and a team-high 5 assists in the winning effort. Green leads the Blue Raiders with an average of 24 points per game while Scurry is averaging a double-double per contest through the first two games of the season with 16 points to go along with a team-high 11.5 rebounds and Sims is averaging a Middle Tennessee leading 4 assists per game this season. As a team, Middle Tennessee is averaging 96.5 points per game on 53.7% shooting from the field, 37.5% from behind the 3-point line and 78% from the foul line this season.

The Belmont Bruins will be looking to build after a solid 100-89 victory over Illinois State to kick off their season in their last outing. Caleb Hollander led the Bruins with 21 points on 8 of 15 shooting with 4 threes, while Dylan Windler came right behind with 20 points and Nick Muszynski added 18 points on 8 of 11 shooting with 7 rebounds and 5 blocks. Kevin McClain added 14 points on 5 of 11 shooting with 4 triples while Grayson Murphy added 13 points with team-highs of 8 rebounds and 10 assists for the double-double to round out the scoring in double figures for Belmont in the winning effort. As a team, Belmont is averaging 100 points on 52.1% shooting from the field, 41.2% from behind the 3-point line and 70.6% from the foul line after their first game.

Middle Tennessee is 36-17 ATS in their last 53 games against a team with a winning record and 4-1 ATS in their last 5 road games against a team with a winning home record while the over is 4-1 in their last 5 games overall. Belmont is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games overall and 4-1 ATS in their last 5 non-conference games while the over is 11-2 in their last 13 games following a win. The road team is 4-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings between these two teams.....

Belmont has a ton of new players on their roster too. This is kind of an unknown game from both squads.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Never really impressed with Kermit’s style against Ricks. I don’t think we win but eager to see Nick’s style compare.

wish i could watch the game - the website i usually use doesn't have the stream up for some reason

No real need for a shot clock with this McDevitt team. What a difference from Kermit's style.

Was wondering what would happen with Belmont starting a 6'11" post. Gamble came in the game real fast. Will be interesting to see how this game goes. Need to rebound better.

Anyone have a way to listen on a phone? The app listen live tab takes you to the UK football game, and gives you no option for this game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT