ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee at James Madison (ESPN+) 5 pm, Saturday, September 3, 2022

Feel bad for the defense. They seem to be decent. Offense looks lost, predictable, and just bad.

Going to be a long, long season. Might run off some wins in late November and whimper into 4 or 5 wins.

They (our administrators and powers that be) make it so hard to be a fan of this school.

Reactions: dukewayne
Well, I think the D does look decent. Offense will need to settle in because we haven’t seen anything from them yet. 1st 2 tempo plays were disasters.

My plan to make them beat us through the air was predicated on the fact that we would actually attempt to cover the receivers. Not like that last TD play for JMU.

Lurking to see if I should save my money one more week by not getting ESPN Plus. Seems my wallet won't be any lighter if this board is any indication.

We are just so bad man. Only position group that is holding their own is the defensive line. Our OL is completely overmatched up front against a group of FCS players. Our WR's cannot get any seperation (or catch a ****ing ball for that matter). We have not had a RB that can break a tackle and do anything meaningful for 5 years.

We just punted for like 10 yards and gave them excellent field position after they just scored a TD. Oh, our response was a 3 and out too.

It's just so bad. There isn't a word to describe how poorly prepared and overmatched this team is. Classic Week 1 Rick Stockstill stuff right here.

We will be lucky to beat TSU and be 1-8 heading into our home contest with Charlotte late in the season. We are going to be underdogs in every FBS game we play until that Charlotte game.

What's it gonna take to get this staff fired? I really hope people are not going to home games to support this abomination. I understand people want to support our players and support the school.....but you just can't anymore. You can't.

They are bigger, stronger, and faster.

This game is over.

We look significantly smaller, weaker, slower, less physical and less intense than a damn FCS move up.

The only way we're getting rid of Stockstill is if someone hits him with a truck.

hint hint

I understand everyone is tired of the same old. I would like to see a new qb second half. Something on offense has to change. We can’t make the defense play 90% of the game and expect near perfection.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I would just like to see the football program shuttered at this point. Divert all resources to basketball. It's been a futile effort for over a decade for us on the gridiron and I just don't see anything changing, even if we do get new coaches.

Murfreesboro/MT football has systemic issues that run too deep for any one person or group of coaches to overcome. Just end it already. Axe football and put all $$$ and attention into men's basketball.

I would just like to see the football program shuttered at this point. Divert all resources to basketball. It's been a futile effort for over a decade for us on the gridiron and I just don't see anything changing, even if we do get new coaches.

Murfreesboro/MT football has systemic issues that run too deep for any one person or group of coaches to overcome. Just end it already. Axe football and put all $$$ and attention into men's basketball.

That lets these bum coaches off the hook.

There's nothing systemic causing us to look this bad. It's the same poor coaching we've seen for 10 years. Maybe no one can save MT football, but we at least need to let someone else try before we get to that point.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT