ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee at James Madison (ESPN+) 5 pm, Saturday, September 3, 2022

Based on prior results I agree with opening game pessimism, but for some reason I have a quirky feeling about this game. Not sure if it's the addition of Brent, the new OC, Chase coming back, or maybe the new offensive line component. Feels like a 1st time for legitimate fbs size linemen in ages, guess we'll see Saturday. I just feel their's an air of confidence I haven't seen in years for this team. Good luck boys against a highly motivated new fbs team

In his 17th season opener Stock is looking for just his second FBS victory to open a season.

The lone FBS win was 7-6 to beat an eventual 0-12 FIU team in his first ever game...
After McNeese St. embarrassed him at Floyd, he switched to beating up on HBCU’s and FCS schools on life support. Even Vandy owns him.

Reactions: SigmaNuBlue
Looking at away home openers, I could see where it could be dubbed as challenging but good lord our home openers.

someone posted it earlier in the year but our record against winning teams is pretty bad.

I’ll be looking forward to seeing how we do this Saturday.

After McNeese St. embarrassed him at Floyd, he switched to beating up on HBCU’s and FCS schools on life support. Even Vandy owns him.

This writer is really reaching for something motivational. I mean if those guys can't get up on their own for their first FBS game they have issues...

Reactions: Raiders_55
This writer is really reaching for something motivational. I mean if those guys can't get up on their own for their first FBS game they have issues...

That wasn't a reach, it was an Evel Kanievel canyon leap. It almost made no sense.

I love the optimism on the JMU site. Makes me remember the old days when we had a twinkle in the eye.

truth be told, I think they win.
They need to be introduced to reality. Deserve to be humbled. Too bad they're facing a Rick Stockstill coached team. Humiliation will have to wait on another opponent.

• Sad
Reactions: MTLynn
301670612_1688734311503463_7941188965541158444_n.jpg

That’s is awful reporting. He used the ellipsis to misrepresent context and quote meaning to create fake news.

There is no way a competent or honest reporter could hear what was said and come up with that story.

Reactions: Hop45
And for the outcome of the game…no clue.
We have a predicted bottom half CUSA team can a predicted bottom half SB team.

We have a skewed outlook for the game due to 16 years of letdowns and they are transitioning to FBS. They are brand new to FBS and really have no idea what they will have.

I could see almost any outcome. I would hope getting beat by double digits is the least likely, but honestly nothing would surprise me given our track record.

Reactions: MTFAN61

Haha. Sad but true. Those of us here know that well since we have to constantly defend the fact our coach plays too loose by playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

For some reason I have an affinity for schools like that since Brown at WVU does the same thing...punt on 4th and 1 anyone? Eat $#!+ Pitt.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to listen to the game today because I'll be out of the listening area. I have to travel all the way to Nashville.
It's too bad that the school doesn't have something like a radio station. It'd be even better if that station had a really strong signal. You know, one that could reach across the mid-state.

Bent, but didn't break. The JMU QB doesn't look like much of an aerial threat, but he can move. Stack the box and see if they can beat us through the air.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT