ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee at James Madison (ESPN+) 5 pm, Saturday, September 3, 2022

at least we helped jump start the Todd Centeio 4 Heisman campaign

#Centeio4Heisman

Reactions: TRUEBLUE73
I’m literally embarrassed. What are the chances we fire Stock mid year if this continues and put Shaffer in for the interim.

Can we do that now?

So...now what?
Just like we expected tonight when we looked like a pee wee team at their first practice, the Raiders typically play better in week two. If that pattern continues, we win a close one at CS, return home and pull away from TSU late then off to Miami for a whooping where we are 2-2. From there the typical upset followed by letdown and before you know it Massaro is posting his toes in the water while McPhee watches the asses in the sand on a Bahama beach. And we the fans remain in football purgatory.

Reactions: MTTim and BlueSioux
No run game kills us. Everyone knows they don't have to defend the run so they can shift all their effort to the pass and boom. You have today. 3 and out after 3 and out, wearing our defense down by halftime. It makes us entirely one dimensional.

We aren't going anywhere this year if they don't get that fixed.

This has to be one of the most demoralizing starts to a season and that has absolutely nothing to do with JMU, they have an excellent history in FCS and I'm sure they'll be fine in FBS. I was expecting a loss and was still disappointed today...WTF

No run game kills us. Everyone knows they don't have to defend the run so they can shift all their effort to the pass and boom. You have today. 3 and out after 3 and out, wearing our defense down by halftime. It makes us entirely one dimensional.

We aren't going anywhere this year if they don't get that fixed.

I thought we looked very small, and not very physical offensively, especially on the OL. I don't know how you fix that in season. I don't expect an FBS first timer like JMU to be the most beastly physical team we play all year. Probably towards the bottom of the list in truth.

If we got dominated up front vs JMU, I don't know how we're going to hold up against some of the other teams on the schedule.

We all know this team has never put out that much talent - we don't recruit well and don't develop them much when they get here. But there's usually one or two diamonds that elevate the entire team - guys like a Blankenship or Brent Stockstill that come to mind. I didn't see anyone on the field today that looked like that guy. I hate to come across as bashing our guys, but we just don't look like we have very many FBS level football players on this roster.

I'm genuinely afraid we aren't actually this bad and we find 5, maybe even 6, wins(somehow) and nothing changes other than this one moves to the top of the list of these kind of games.

I'm genuinely afraid we aren't actually this bad and we find 5, maybe even 6, wins(somehow) and nothing changes other than this one moves to the top of the list of these kind of games.

A typical year in other words. Sadly.

But it won't be easy. Miami, UTSA, probably FAU are for sure losses. We never play WKU well and UAB will be tough too. This schedule isn't back loaded with bad teams like previous years. A few bad ones (Healy will probably be gone by the time we go to Charlotte) It'll be hard to get to 6. I'll always hope we can but sure as hell won't if we play like today.

A typical year in other words. Sadly.

But it won't be easy. Miami, UTSA, probably FAU are for sure losses. We never play WKU well and UAB will be tough too. This schedule isn't back loaded with bad teams like previous years. A few bad ones (Healy will probably be gone by the time we go to Charlotte) It'll be hard to get to 6. I'll always hope we can but sure as hell won't if we play like today.
I'll never root for my team to lose, not for draft picks, not for coaching changes, but this purgatory is brutal. I don't know what the number of wins is that keeps Stocksisyphus pushing that rock up the hill in 2023, but I'm sure we'll hit it.

Last edited:
Reactions: MidTennMtneer
Well. I’ve seen enough. I’m embarrassed to wear the blue.

have a great evening. Can’t wait to read commentary by FR tomorrow.
I’m on a Labor Day holiday trip and didn’t bother to check the score again after I saw it was 21-0. Read through these threads and pages today and honestly, I have no further commentary other than I refuse to wear any MT gear or offer any support for this mess until the place is swept clean from the top down. McPhee and Massaro get exactly what they deserve for letting this Football program die a slow death.
Just one more thing………
WKU - 49
Hawaii - 17

Last edited:
Reactions: MTTim and MTOleBlue
This is the first time in my MT fan-hood I feel embarrassed to be a Blue Raider. I feel like I finally am part of the family. You guys have been saying at some point they would break down my optimism. Rick has to go.
I’m surprised it took this long tbh lol. Miami beat Bethune 70-13 yesterday and I think they’ll beat MT in a similar fashion.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
FR, I hear ya.
I hate it too. Family was talking about picking one game to tailgate old school with the entire grove experience earlier in the week.

Looks like a weekend at Montgomery Bell camping is in order and enjoy the hopeful crisp air of fall.

This is the first time in my MT fan-hood I feel embarrassed to be a Blue Raider. I feel like I finally am part of the family. You guys have been saying at some point they would break down my optimism. Rick has to go.
07B89120-B48D-45FB-AF1D-49AF6CD16790.jpeg

This game was statistically the worst we've ever played and I can't imagine us improving enough to do anything against a team that at least scored vs. Michigan. If there is a rock bottom, we have to be close to it.

I almost didn't believe that we even had the ball for 23 minutes. In the first half, it had to be under 7. This no huddle quickfire spread crap is terrible and has never really worked that well. Even wTF would slow the game down and vary the tempo. Getting into a hurry to do nothing is dangerous and stupid especially when the passes aren't connecting. As much as I hate to say it, we now almost have to root for us to not win a game so it can possibly bring about some sort of change. However, even if we went 0-12, they would find some reason to keep him. It's what it is.

Reactions: TRUEBLUE73
This game was statistically the worst we've ever played and I can't imagine us improving enough to do anything against a team that at least scored vs. Michigan. If there is a rock bottom, we have to be close to it.

I almost didn't believe that we even had the ball for 23 minutes. In the first half, it had to be under 7. This no huddle quickfire spread crap is terrible and has never really worked that well. Even wTF would slow the game down and vary the tempo. Getting into a hurry to do nothing is dangerous and stupid especially when the passes aren't connecting. As much as I hate to say it, we now almost have to root for us to not win a game so it can possibly bring about some sort of change. However, even if we went 0-12, they would find some reason to keep him. It's what it is.

If JT is off the bandwagon, there really is no one left.

FR, I hear ya.
I hate it too. Family was talking about picking one game to tailgate old school with the entire grove experience earlier in the week.

Looks like a weekend at Montgomery Bell camping is in order and enjoy the hopeful crisp air of fall.
Same here. Thought about breaking my pledge and stick my toe back in the water for the TSU game. Figured it had the potential for a good home crowd and some what of a game day experience.
Now that this program is officially dead I’ll just head over to Woodfin and offer up my condolences.
RIP
#stuckwithstock

Reactions: MT Glenn
Ok. 2 things.
1) the only one asking questions was the staff writer for our own website who has is office down the hall from Stock! Pitiful.

2) Jordan said it. "They did some stuff we weren't ready for." That's coaching!!!
It's all coaching. That whole game if you watched it, you can see the players confused AF. They were running into each other and just out of position. They didn't know what to do. That's coaching and communication. 100%

It's all coaching. That whole game if you watched it, you can see the players confused AF. They were running into each other and just out of position. They didn't know what to do. That's coaching and communication. 100%

Yup. There were some plays that literally looked like my 7 year old's Smurf team. Blocking with no purpose.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT