ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (5-5, 3-3) @ Western Kentucky (5-5, 3-3) (CBSSN), 7PM, Friday, 11/17/2017

I think we are all just tired. The fans are tired, our players and coaches have to be tired. We really need to inject some energy and unfortunately, that can only happen with changes. The problem is who is going to make the change? Is McPhee going to retire? How would a change at AD help at this point? Is Stock going to retire after next year even with his contract?

The game last night was classic Stockstill - playing not to lose. The thing is, I am ok with the loss if your playing to win. Not going for 2 after the 2nd TD in OT showed once again why he is 72-72. And everyone wants to praise our D, but WTF - two long TD passes in the 4th Q, what happened to the Blitz. You have to take chances in today's game, yes you will get burned but playing conservative at our level always ends poorly.

Totally agree, those 2 long TDs were not because of the blitz. Ward missed his assignment twice and changed up his footing which allowed the WR to get a step on him twice. #2 and #86 simply didn't step up. Harris missed an easy pick which would have won the game and then Stock not going for it on 4th down before the second long TD and then not going for 2. So many chances we had and so many times we pooped the bed. I'm tired now. I'm going to the ODU game because it's the last game but I hope we can get consistent.

Time to clean house. Our reputation after the armed services bowl to this shows me we have big issues from the top. #worstteamever

Talk about not having pride in your school and team. If you don’t have pride for the school you are playing for, you don’t deserve to be playing.

I’m watching this on Twitter. I really hope it is addressed by the higher ups.

The one constant in college sports is the hardcore fans. Players come and go, and from what I've seen over the years, only a small percentage of football players have any attachment to the university once they leave. Too many are nothing more than mercenaries, here only for scholarship. They never develop an attachment for the university. In that regard, they are like too many students/alumni. Coaches come and go as well, and I regard them as nothing more than employees. It's extremely rare when a coach becomes the face of the university (Boots was in the 80s and 90s, now CKD comes nearest to that).

This program, coaches and players, have and continue to do everything to chase off its hard core fans. The only solace I have in this situation is that change will come.

The one constant in college sports is the hardcore fans. Players come and go, and from what I've seen over the years, only a small percentage of football players have any attachment to the university once they leave. Too many are nothing more than mercenaries, here only for scholarship. They never develop an attachment for the university. In that regard, they are like too many students/alumni. Coaches come and go as well, and I regard them as nothing more than employees. It's extremely rare when a coach becomes the face of the university (Boots was in the 80s and 90s, now CKD comes nearest to that).

This program, coaches and players, have and continue to do everything to chase off its hard core fans. The only solace I have in this situation is that change will come.
Agreed. What has all of us so POed is that the change will happen at great cost (buyout) or so far into the future (due to automatic contract extensions). Maybe our interest/attachment to this football program should be a little more "mercenary", too.

It appears that Middle players were making fun of a fan that was wearing a jersey

If this is true, the 2017 Raider squad has made the transition from being underachievers to an outright disgrace. They shouldn't be yelling at fans from either side, but from the view on TV, there were at least 10,000 goat*ers in attendance and they choose to heckle one wearing blue?! Is this what we're supporting, bu showing up to the game? Maybe I should just stay away and support JD Smith.

Stock has lost control of this team. Minter's unsportsmanlike conduct extended a drive and then he continued to try to get another one. If a coach ever tried to address it, it wasn't caught on camera. No discipline at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT