ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (5-5, 3-3) @ Western Kentucky (5-5, 3-3) (CBSSN), 7PM, Friday, 11/17/2017

shoulda gone for 2 there. our defense can't stop anybody

Why do we seem to have so many injuries all the time? I don't follow other teams as closely as I follow MT, but I'm pretty we have way more injuries than the average D1 FBS team.....

Lee is hurt, Thomas is hurt.

Exactly. You don't keep going if we keep losing players. We have a better chance of 1 play than driving 25 yards over and over with the injuries.

If you get the ball last in an OT, play for another OT if you are at home, go for 2 on the road.

Should have gone for 2. Rick Stockstill will never learn or adapt as a coach.

Did anyone ever really think it would end any other way? WKU owns the Stockstills. Doesn't matter who the coach is.

smile-laughing-ron-swanson-TUtr2Ky56D4Zy

Anyone really think we would win.

Nope. I only watched to see if we could top last year's horrible decision making debacle.

Unfortunately we weren't able to do that, but we sure tried.

Will Stockstill ever develop an aggressive, winner's mentality instead of hoping the other team beat's itself? Nope.

It was plain as day to all of us here that we needed to go for 2 there. We were losing key players and we couldn't stop Mike White and WKU. He had thrown for 5 TD passes already for crying out loud.

You need 2 yards to end the game there on a 2 point try. Give yourself a chance at least. My god Rick you will never learn will you? Same exact crap last year where you punted the ball away and tried to rely on a clearly faltering defense. Will you ever learn from your mistakes and stop playing the percentages?

The percentages are not true percentages when your defense can't stop the other team's offense and you lose your 2 biggest weapons on offense....

So we have lost to western AND vandy each of the last three years. Next year will be four years and CRS will keep his job...

So we have lost to western AND vandy each of the last three years. Next year will be four years and CRS will keep his job...

But Brent Stockstill is the greatest QB of all time here at MT!!!!!! He's accomplished so much!

ahahahahahahahahahahah

Mediocre QB....(I wonder who he gets that from?)

Praying to god Shiflett or Nolan will be ready to go early since we havn't been able to sign a competent QB for the last 4 years thanks to his presence. The sacrifice wasn't worth it.

Last edited:
Rick Stockstill’s season goals to gain a raise and extension:
- Be out of conference race by game 6
- Lose to Western
- Back into a bowl to be blown out

I think they know my number. They won't answer. Emailed a question let's see if they answer it

Last edited:
sad. Called 8 times and let it ring and ring and ring. They refuse to answer. LOL. Didn't answer my email either.

Last edited:
Straight dictatorship in Murfreesboro. Don't have nice things to say about the program? Well then you're censored.

This program has absoutely no excitement. We all know the outcomes. Yeah we just came off a two game winning streak against teams who are a combined 1 and 19.
I'll show up for the seniors next week hoping for a win.

Reactions: Hop45
But Brent Stockstill is the greatest QB of all time here at MT!!!!!! He's accomplished so much!

ahahahahahahahahahahah

Mediocre QB....(I wonder who he gets that from?)

Praying to god Shiflett or Nolan will be ready to go early since we havn't been able to sign a competent QB for the last 4 years thanks to his presence. The sacrifice wasn't worth it.
I think we all are over this father/son experiment.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
The disappointment continues under Rick. Nothing left to say that hasn't been said. Rick was playing not to lose and it didn't work........again.

I envy University of Tennessee fans. So much excitement and anticipation. We don't have a way out of this mess and I don't even care. I haven't been to a game since Vanderbilt and I still plan to stay away until there is change in winning or direction.

The only team we have beaten with a winning record is FIU. Whenever there is a team with a pulse, we can't do it. We can't win.

Reactions: Hop45
I get it. I totally get it. I drove there to watch it. So bad. WKU's facilities and such are so much nicer than ours. That made me even more mad to be honest. They branded the hell out of that whole place. They've done a great job making their campus a part of the football program and vice versa. The bookstore was open up till gametime and the campus tower bells were ringing after the victory. They just unite everything better. Our Athletic dept. and marketing is just terrible. I can't even. I've defended us forever but I'm about done myself to be honest. MT is even making the strongest of us weak. SMH.

One just has to look at WKU's radio network to see a huge problem at MT. Their football network has over 20 stations including Louisville and Nashville and the BkB network almost as many. MT's games are on only one station out of Rutherford Co. and even the campus station doesn't stream our games instead streaming your choice of Jazz or Americana. And don't get me started on BkB where some games are preempted because of "contractual obligations" to some live Americana show. Who the Hell looked at the damn contract to see if it was beneficial to the entire MT community.

MT FB and men's BkB radio broadcasts should cover every inch of the mid-state (we are after all Middle Tennessee) and in a perfect world would extend into large MT markets (as far as students and alumni are concerned) of Chattanooga and Huntsville. The poor radio network for MT sports is just another example of the poor leadership at MT.

Never liked McPhee after the questionable incidents early in his tenure - Thought Massaro had a chance to be a good AD but he seems to have hit a brick wall as far as building the program and is just playing out his time. We really need to clean house.

I get it. I totally get it. I drove there to watch it. So bad. WKU's facilities and such are so much nicer than ours. That made me even more mad to be honest. They branded the hell out of that whole place. They've done a great job making their campus a part of the football program and vice versa. The bookstore was open up till gametime and the campus tower bells were ringing after the victory. They just unite everything better. Our Athletic dept. and marketing is just terrible. I can't even. I've defended us forever but I'm about done myself to be honest. MT is even making the strongest of us weak. SMH.

I noticed t h e same thing on TV. All the brickwork, the nice signage in the endzones, Sonic Zone, etc. Do we not have like 50 Sonics in town. Middle is falling way behind many other programs just in our own conference.

Thought the same thing as I left at halftime during our blowout loss a couple of years ago.

One quick note regarding WKU and their facilities - WKU has their own Board of Trustees for sometime. MT just got their own Board within the last 18 months or so.

Now, onto WKU athletic marketing - I think one of the guys on WKU’s athletic marketing/sales staff is a MT alum.

I think we are all just tired. The fans are tired, our players and coaches have to be tired. We really need to inject some energy and unfortunately, that can only happen with changes. The problem is who is going to make the change? Is McPhee going to retire? How would a change at AD help at this point? Is Stock going to retire after next year even with his contract?

The game last night was classic Stockstill - playing not to lose. The thing is, I am ok with the loss if your playing to win. Not going for 2 after the 2nd TD in OT showed once again why he is 72-72. And everyone wants to praise our D, but WTF - two long TD passes in the 4th Q, what happened to the Blitz. You have to take chances in today's game, yes you will get burned but playing conservative at our level always ends poorly.

ADVERTISEMENT