ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (4-5; 2-3) @ Charlotte (1-8; 1-4) (ESPN3), 1PM, Saturday, November 11, 2017

I’m glad the Blue Raiders won.

Vandy lost, again.

And someone near and dear to us is tweeting about MT being the last Tennessee team to win at Missouri. SMH.

They looked good. It was the first game I watched start to finish since Vandy.

This is a different team under Brent than Urzua, and Banks isn't ready. He gets rid of the ball so much quicker.

It's very hard getting excited by any result this year. Hopes were so high and we laid such an egg in the first game. Even the Syracuse win did nothing for me.

Although I still watch/go to games I just have no, none, nada, zilch enthusiasm.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
It's very hard getting excited by any result this year. Hopes were so high and we laid such an egg in the first game. Even the Syracuse win did nothing for me.

Although I still watch/go to games I just have no, none, nada, zilch enthusiasm.

You've kind of hit the MTSU problem in a nutshell.

There's no real excitement because we all just know that the next big disappointment is about a week away. It's happened too many times.

BUT, We have a great opportunity here.

WKU, national TV, rivalry, and WKU isn't that great this year. These are the games that mean more than the Charlotte's and UTEP's. This is a must win. If not, it's just same old Middle under Stock.

ODU after that isn't great. There's no reason to not win that one.

And then a bowl game, for God's sake, please win that one. Or at least show up and show some fight - and that can change the whole vibe around the program for the offseason.

This is the whole problem that Massaro and Stock don't get - in order for games like Charlotte to mean anything to the fans - you must win games like we have coming up on Friday.

I'm kind of excited.

Great reply Doug. I like reading thought out responses to validate concerns.

There have been a few on the CUSA board they immediately revert to name calling if you don't tow the party line. I think MYFNBY5 (what does that mean anyway) is probably where the excitement level realistically is.

This can be a great turnaround.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Great reply Doug. I like reading thought out responses to validate concerns.

There have been a few on the CUSA board they immediately revert to name calling if you don't tow the party line. I think MTFNBY5 (what does that mean anyway) is probably where the excitement level realistically is.

This can be a great turnaround.

I right there with MTFNBY5. I got more pleasure of watching the Lady Raiders beat vandy women in Memorial Gym in Nashville Friday night than anything the football program has done this year, including the Syracuse win.

JDB: Been using MTFNBY5 since the old Delphi days and you're the first to refer to it or ask a question. It was just something I came up with in a hurry when making my first post. It comes from having 5 immediate family members who hold one or more degrees from MT: MT FN (Fan) BY (times) 5

I watched WK/Marshall last night. WKU is better than their record. They still have some talent and are bigger than we are on both sides of the ball. Will take a Syracuse-type effort to beat them there.

Is Walter Brady playing? Haven’t noticed him on the field

He was one of the last ones off the field after the game. A Charlotte player was chirping at him and some others. He yelled back "ya'll suck, we just beat your @ss." He wasn't trying to be funny but I was cracking up.

Reactions: C-Bow
He was one of the last ones off the field after the game. A Charlotte player was chirping at him and some others. He yelled back "ya'll suck, we just beat your @ss." He wasn't trying to be funny but I was cracking up.

Good, I just didn't see him on the field.

Well, WKU is gonna be a tough game but....

They can't run and they can't stop the run. They barely beat UTEP by a point. They can throw it but right now, that's it. While we have been in a horrible state, our run game is coming online with Thomas and having Brent back with 2 games under his belt gives us more than a legit chance. WKU has been turning the ball over as much as us lately so it will come down to time of possession, turnovers, and who can run it better.

Also, WKU's OL has handled the blitz very well this year so we're gonna bring the house against them. It's gonna be a good game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT