ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (4-5; 2-3) @ Charlotte (1-8; 1-4) (ESPN3), 1PM, Saturday, November 11, 2017

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
game thread, a work in progress

University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Founded: 1946
Enrollment: 28,721 Undergrad 23,284 Postgrad
Acceptance rate:
Colors:
Green and White Nickname: 49ers Mascot: Norm the Niner
Fight song: (UNC) Charlotte Fight Song
Series: Middle Tennessee leads, 1-0
Stadium: Jerry Richardson Stadium (15,314)
Head Coach:
Record at Marshall:
Overall:
2015 Record:
Bowl:
Starters Ret./Lost: Lettermen R/L:

Weather Forecast:

Where: McColl–Richardson Field at Jerry Richardson Stadium

Stadium Policies (prohibited items): Alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs, artificial noise makers (i.e. cowbells, horns, whistles, drums, megaphones, etc.), backpacks and large bags (8"x10"x14" or larger), beach balls and Frisbees, cameras with 4" lenses or larger, containers for liquids (cans, cups, bottles, etc.) - Exception is empty clear plastic bottles, fireworks, firearms, explosives, mace, pepper spray or other weapons, glass or aluminum bottles, items that can be thrown such as balls or frisbees, laser lights and pointers, lawn chairs or folding chairs, outside food and beverages, personal heaters, pets (service animals permitted in accordance with ADA), stadium seats with armrests, folding chairs, strollers, use of tobacco products or e-cigs, umbrellas, video cameras and tripods, and any item deemed inappropriate by event staff.

Ticket Notes:
The stadium diagram can be found here.

Parking Notes:
For football game days, all campus parking will require a parking permit. The parking lots and decks open 4 hours prior to kick-off on Saturday games. Single game parking permits may be purchased in advance of game day for those purchasing single game tickets, visiting team guests, parents of players, etc. Options available for single game parking permits include Silver Lot 25 (surface lot where tailgating is permitted), Orange CRI Deck (closest deck to the stadium and ADA parking), Yellow Union Deck and Purple West Deck. Single game permits may be purchased online by clicking here. Game day parking purchase will also be available at the Pink Cone Deck. For additional parking information, click here. View the game day parking map here.

Television:
ESPN3, Play-by-Play:

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Wes Counts, WMOT FM 89.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS AM 1450 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 100.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 101.9 (Murfreesboro), WPRT FM 102.5 (Nashville), (TuneIn app)

Streaming: Audio, Video

Live Stats: Charlotte Sidearm stats

Newspapers:
Charlotte Observer, NinerTimes,

Message Boards: ninernation.net,, , , , , , ,

Blogs:

Athletic site:
Charlotte49ers, GoBlueRaiders.com

Media Guides: , Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: Charlotte 2016 SBNation Preview, 2016 CUSA Football Preview: Charlotte, Charlotte 2016 Sports Chat Place College Football Preview, Charlotte (Orlando Sentinel #115),

Game Notes: Charlotte game notes, MT game notes

Game Previews:

Roster: Niners, Blue Raiders

Twitter: @Charlotte49ers, @Charlotte49erFB, @theobserver, @WFNZ, @Student49erClub, @niner_times, @Trevor_Wilt10, @kathleencook813, @patjames24, , ,

Hashtags:
#RockSolid #PacktheMine #ninernation #stateofcharlotte

Facebook:
Charlotte 49ers Football, ,

Youtube: Charlotte 49ers Athletics, Niner Times, , ,

Instagram:
thecharlotte49ers, , ,

Previous Season's game thread: Middle Tennessee vs Charlotte, Saturday, 6PM, Sept 19, 2015

Our 2nd scrimmage in as many weeks. We should send the practice squad out there so we can at least get a competitive game. Charlotte is awful.

Last edited:
Charlotte beat UAB and held Marshall to 14. I'm more nervous about this game than I've been in a while. If we get the win, we could win out.

Charlotte beat UAB and held Marshall to 14. I'm more nervous about this game than I've been in a while. If we get the win, we could win out.

big whoop. Another 6 or 7 win season where we lose every single key game and fatten our record up on the worst teams in D1 in November infront of 500 people in the stands.

I don't care. I wanna win. Period. If we lose, it sucks but if we can pull this thing out of a nose dive and end up winning 7, I'm taking that all day. I'm never gonna hope we lose or downplay a winning season. Not ever gonna do that. Do I want to win more, heck yeah but with the injuries we've had and the adversity we've faced, 7 wins would be an accomplishment. If we get 5 or 6 wins, I'll be back next year and so will you.

Reactions: MTLynn
I don't care. I wanna win. Period. If we lose, it sucks but if we can pull this thing out of a nose dive and end up winning 7, I'm taking that all day. I'm never gonna hope we lose or downplay a winning season. Not ever gonna do that. Do I want to win more, heck yeah but with the injuries we've had and the adversity we've faced, 7 wins would be an accomplishment. If we get 5 or 6 wins, I'll be back next year and so will you.
Let’s win out first and then see how recruiting goes. If we win out and go 7-5 just to lose to a MAC or SunBelt team in Cancun or Boise, Idaho then I’m still on the fence.

I'll take the winning record as success despite injuries. However, if we lose whatever crap bowl game we go to, then I reserve the right to call it all a failure.

We have the D to keep us in games and IF we can keep Brent healthy, we can cobble a good enough O together to win us games.

Our D is ranked like 26th in the nation in total D. That's crazy. If we have 1 turnover or less, we usually win. Cuse was the exception.

Finish the season with a 4 game win streak

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Anybody going to Charlotte? I was looking and reserved seating is $30, general admission (for 3 sections) is $20. And we think our tickets are high.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Anybody going to Charlotte? I was looking and reserved seating is $30, general admission (for 3 sections) is $20. And we think our tickets are high.

Thing is with that stadium, there’s not a bad seat in the house. When we went last year we got the section next to MT, top row. So we had the wall to lean up against. It’s all lower bowl. Really is a nice place. Speaking of, why are we even playing there again this year? Did I miss some crazy reasoning?

Thing is with that stadium, there’s not a bad seat in the house. When we went last year we got the section next to MT, top row. So we had the wall to lean up against. It’s all lower bowl. Really is a nice place. Speaking of, why are we even playing there again this year? Did I miss some crazy reasoning?
It's C-USA. All you need to know ;)

Charlotte's offense is putrid (The over/under for this game is 45...and I'll prob take the under) but their defense has been playing well. This game will all come down to our ability to run the ball. If we can run it we'll win by 20+

If we can't run it (which is likely the case with our OL) then we are looking at a single digit victory and possible loss. I can't imagine losing to this team though. It would signal a new low in the Stockstill era.

To make the schedule work after UAB came back in we were going to have to play at a CUSA east team two years in a row. It obviously wasn't going to be one of the F_U teams since we would end up on rotation with playing two games down there every other year so it came down to playing at Marshall or Charlotte again.

I also sat on the top row in the MT section last year. Had CJ Windham's family right in front of me and heck you could have been beside me.

To make the schedule work after UAB came back in we were going to have to play at a CUSA east team two years in a row. It obviously wasn't going to be one of the F_U teams since we would end up on rotation with playing two games down there every other year so it came down to playing at Marshall or Charlotte again.

I also sat on the top row in the MT section last year. Had CJ Windham's family right in front of me and heck you could have been beside me.

I know I wasn’t as close to other blue as I would have preferred, I still felt comfortable. So might have been.

I know I’m not fussing over how it worked out though. It essentially means I can see MT every year now. 2 hours away at Marshall (won’t even need a hotel) then 3 at Charlotte the next where I can stay with my sister. Not gonna complain about that at all.

Reactions: BlueRaider95
Yes, will should win this weekend and at Old Dominion to continue Rick Stockstill's reign at MTSU for bowl eligibility. The bigger question is who will take over for Rick when his son goes to the NFL? The answer is Will Healy at Austin Peay University, probably the best turnaround job with the least amount of resources. MTSU needs to put him on the radar and get him in before the MAC, American, Sun Belt, or Mountain West gets him long term.

2010-2016 they were 8-71, In his second year they are 6-4 & 5-1 in conference.

Yes, will should win this weekend and at Old Dominion to continue Rick Stockstill's reign at MTSU for bowl eligibility. The bigger question is who will take over for Rick when his son goes to the NFL? The answer is Will Healy at Austin Peay University, probably the best turnaround job with the least amount of resources. MTSU needs to put him on the radar and get him in before the MAC, American, Sun Belt, or Mountain West gets him long term.

2010-2016 they were 8-71, In his second year they are 6-4 & 5-1 in conference.

Lil stock isn't going to the NFL anymore with his string of injuries

Lines up to 16. I can't pass up Charlotte +16 with the way they are playing defense. Just gonna go small.

Really can't afford to give Charlotte momentum and confidence like this at home. Charlotte looking like the better team right now.

Good answer there for us. Charlotte really hurting themselves with those penalties. We need to hold them to 3 and out here.

Blue Raiders in full control. this is gonna get ugly

T. Thomas with 29 carries...looks like they've found our work horse. What a nice weapon to have. We should be able to give Western a run if our OL shows up

ADVERTISEMENT