ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (1-3) @ Memphis (ESPNU), 6:30PM, Saturday, September 28, 2024

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
links work in progress
resize

Memphis
Founded: 1912
Enrollment: 21,917 Undergrad: 16,703 Postgrad: 5,209
Acceptance rate:
Colors:
Blue and Gray Nickname: Tigers Mascot: Pouncer
Fight songs: "Go Tigers Go"
All-Time Record: 543-543-33
Series: MT leads 17-9-1
At Memphis: UM leads 7-6-1
Last Meeting: Sept. 20, 2014 (UM 36, MTSU 17)
Stadium: Simmons Bank Liberty Stadium
Capacity: 58,325 Surface: modern version of "AstroTurf" (2011 - present)
Head Coach: Ryan Silverfield (Hampden-Sydney, 2003)
Record at UM: 31-19 (4) Overall: Same
2023 Record: 10-3 2023 Bowl: Liberty Bowl
Starters Ret./Lost: 12/10 Lettermen R/L: 42/39

Where: Simmons Bank Liberty Stadium, 335 South Hollywood Street, Memphis, Tennessee

Weather Forecast: Partly cloudy, 61F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Digital Game Program

Game Day Information: Game Day Central

Television: ESPNU
  • Play-by-Play - Courtney Lyle
  • Analyst - Rene Ingoglia

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Joe Dubin
  • Murfreesboro: WGNS 101.9 FM / 1450 AM
  • Smyrna – WGNS 100.5 FM
  • Nashville: 93.3 FM
  • App: Blue Raiders

Streaming: WATCH, Listen

Live Stats: Live Stats

Newspapers: The Daily Helmsman,

Message Boards: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum, TigerSportsReport.com (premium only), , ,,

Blogs/Podcasts:
, ,,

Athletic site:
gotigersgo.com, GoBlueRaiders.com,

Media Guides:
Memphis, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: ,

Game Notes:
MT Game Notes, Memphis Game Notes, CUSA Game Notes

Roster: Tigers, Blue Raiders

Game Previews: ,

Twitter/X:
@TigersAthletics, @Memphis_Rivals, ,

Hashtags:

Facebook:
Memphis Tigers

Youtube: Memphis Tigers Athletics

Instagram: memphisathletics

Last edited:
Look how far and how fast we have fallen.

Rick Stockstill would never be going into Memphis stadium a 24+ point dog to Memphis State.

In fact, anyone else remember Stock's first game @ Memphis? I was there. And I remember it well.

Reactions: SubwayAlumni
Look how far and how fast we have fallen.

Rick Stockstill would never be going into Memphis stadium a 24+ point dog to Memphis State.

In fact, anyone else remember Stock's first game @ Memphis? I was there. And I remember it well.
I was also there. Sitting 10 rows behind the Tigers bench and watching Dasher run all over them. The ‘09 game in Murfreesboro was the game that a FedEx exec and Ambassador level booster told RC Johnson to “fire West now, tonight!”

I was also there. Sitting 10 rows behind the Tigers bench and watching Dasher run all over them. The ‘09 game in Murfreesboro was the game that a FedEx exec and Ambassador level booster told RC Johnson to “fire West now, tonight!”

We’ve gone from getting Memphis coaches fired to being a free win tune up game while they quest for a playoff berth.

Could our two paths have gone any differently ?

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
I'll be happy if our coaches, players, and fans escape that dystopian hell hole without getting shot at or robbed. What are the odds on that.
After the game, Stay off Southern Ave., don’t make any wrong turns south under the RR tracks into Orange Mound.
Take Parkway north, make one right turn on to Sam Cooper/I-40 , step on the gas and pray you don’t stop at the two red lights before it turns into I-40. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: BRaiderDave
We’ve gone from getting Memphis coaches fired to being a free win tune up game while they quest for a playoff berth.

Could our two paths have gone any differently ?
MT has been passed - perhaps - lapped by Memphis. But that's to be expected. Memphis has a big $$$ booster in Fred Smith (and I'm sure others). More than that, Memphis invested $$$ & continues to invest.

Build Blue Now / SAPC should have been built in 2010. It's the 1st substantial facility investment in FB since the new turf / video board (IIRC). At this point, MT should be able to be talking about building a facility in the other end zone.

But they're playing catchup.

Memphis and others schools that MT was "ahead" of have made substantial investments in other areas (like NIL). Fred Smith (IIRC) gave $25 million over 5 years for NIL alone. MT doesn't have that.

Want to improve the trenches? Convince a billionaire to help with NIL.

The powers that be in Cope didn't invest. Other schools did. That's one of the biggest reasons MT is behind.

And it's why Build Blue Now is necessary NOW. MT is trying to play 15 years of catchup in 5 years.

Last edited:
MT has been passed - perhaps - lapped by Memphis. But that's too be expected. Memphis has a big $$$ booster in Fred Smith (and I'm sure others). More than that, Memphis invested $$$ & continues to invest.

Build Blue Now / SAPC should have been built in 2010. It's the 1st substantial facility investment in FB since the new turf / video board (IIRC). At this point, MT should be able to be talking about building a facility in the other end zone.

But they're playing catchup.

Memphis and others schools that MT was "ahead" of have made substantial investments in other areas (like NIL). Fred Smith (IIRC) gave $25 million over 5 years for NIL alone. MT doesn't have that.

Want to improve the trenches? Convince a billionaire to help with NIL.

The powers that be in Cope didn't invest. Other schools did. That's one of the biggest reasons MT is behind.

And it's why Build Blue Now is necessary NOW. MT is trying to play 15 years of catchup in 5 years.
Mcphee and Smith are 100% to blame. One is not competent to run a business/university and the others ego wants to be the big fish in a small pond.
I believe Chris could be a good AD with help from competent leadership.
We are and will continue to be 10 years behind.

Mcphee and Smith are 100% to blame. One is not competent to run a business/university and the others ego wants to be the big fish in a small pond.
I believe Chris could be a good AD with help from competent leadership.
We are and will continue to be 10 years behind.

irreparable damage already done in my opinion. We've fallen so far over the last 15 years. I just don't see us ever getting back there where we are routinely beating and threatening top G5 and lower P5 schools across the country. Our administration and leadership just let it go for far too long.

The chips have fallen and we will continue to be a doormat and glorified JUCO forever in my opinion. We can no longer build a senior laden team that has a few superstars that can get you those big wins. The Kevin Byard's, Reed Blankenship's, Charvious Ward's, Richie James, etc. will all now just go to the highest bidder after they have their break out seasons. It's impossible for us to replace talent like that. I repeat, impossible. Even our decent players are leaving for a small payday and to ride the bench at power programs. This is devastating for a program like ours and has played a big factor into why we've been so bad since the transfer portal went crazy.

People can yack all they want about the portal being a two way door but we are never going to be replacing our superstars with an equal. Not even close actually. We will be a glorified JUCO doormat for the foreseeable future unless transfer rules are put in place to protect programs like ours (hint: that isn't happening).

But don't worry though, everyone else in the G5 is going to have their roster raped and pillaged every off season too, so we can all be screwed together and maybe make our own "special" playoff at the end of each season!!

I've made the decision to spare myself of the agony of sitting through this game. It would only be for one half anyway, but I can't stand the thought of witnessing getting skull drug by another one of our "rivals".

I'll be doing other things Saturday night. Good luck to any of you who elect to suffer through this.

• Haha
Reactions: FranklinRaider315
I've made the decision to spare myself of the agony of sitting through this game. It would only be for one half anyway, but I can't stand the thought of witnessing getting skull drug by another one of our "rivals".

I'll be doing other things Saturday night. Good luck to any of you who elect to suffer through this.
I just hope no one gets skull drug before or after the game.

Mcphee and Smith are 100% to blame.
It appears that Smith is a subversive, and 7-wood is a willing stooge. What do they gain by impeding MT's academic or athletic progress?

Are boosters from other state schools paying them off??? Free trips to Diddy parties???

It appears that Smith is a subversive, and 7-wood is a willing stooge. What do they gain by impeding MT's academic or athletic progress?

Are boosters from other state schools paying them off??? Free trips to Diddy parties???
No.

Fiefdoms. It’s as simple as that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT