ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (1-2) vs Colorado State (0-2) (ESPN+) Homecoming/Hall of Fame , 6PM, Saturday, September 23, 2023

This should tell us a lot about this team.

CSU is better than they were last year, but is a team we should beat.

Lose this, and I don't think Western Kentucky is a win at this point, and you're staring at probably 3-5 at best on November 1st. You can probably count the fans that will be in Floyd from that point forward.

Win this one, and maybe you have a good enough team to split WKU/Liberty, and you're looking at a possible 5-3 on Nov 1st with 4 winnable games left. You could see this team go on a run.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
Last edited:

Flip has been a big bright spot for us along with Middlebrook. I hope they both stick around their entire career's. With Vattiato maturing, this team and core group has real potential to win a championship and make some noise. But that will require that not every person that has interest from other schools enters the portal after each season.

We also need Mitch to stick around for a while too. We've got two great coordinators right now, if the players will stick around and our coaches add some key pieces in the off-season, we can have some memorable seasons.

Last edited:
The CSU DB claims the Rams have better DBs & DL than the two $ec teams MT has faced:

...For Colorado State cornerback Chigozie Anusiem, the sting of last year's loss to MTSU is still fresh, providing him and his teammates, he says, with all the motivation they need coming into Murfreesboro this weekend, despite the emotional highs of last Saturday's rivalry game.

"This is a team that came in here last year and beat us pretty good," Anusiem said. "We owe Middle Tennessee the same, if not more of an amount of passion and emotion, than we gave to CU."

And Anusiem is confident that, despite MTSU's two SEC road games to open the year, Colorado State's defense will provide a unique challenge.

"Just getting pressure, playing tight coverage on our side," Anusiem said of the defensive gameplan. "With all due respect, that's probably the best D-Line he's going to see, and it's probably the best DB corps he's going to see as well."

The CSU DB claims the Rams have better DBs & DL than the two $ec teams MT has faced:

...For Colorado State cornerback Chigozie Anusiem, the sting of last year's loss to MTSU is still fresh, providing him and his teammates, he says, with all the motivation they need coming into Murfreesboro this weekend, despite the emotional highs of last Saturday's rivalry game.

"This is a team that came in here last year and beat us pretty good," Anusiem said. "We owe Middle Tennessee the same, if not more of an amount of passion and emotion, than we gave to CU."

And Anusiem is confident that, despite MTSU's two SEC road games to open the year, Colorado State's defense will provide a unique challenge.

"Just getting pressure, playing tight coverage on our side," Anusiem said of the defensive gameplan. "With all due respect, that's probably the best D-Line he's going to see, and it's probably the best DB corps he's going to see as well."
Big talk for a dude that hasn't won a game yet. They ain't better than Bama or Mizzou. Sorry but Mizzou beat K state last week. I ain't saying they won't rock us but the best we've seen? Nah. Ain't buying that. I hope we are dialed in and can shut em up. They might be a better team but they act like punk a$$es. Those penaties will help us.

Reactions: ewglenn
Line is up to 4.

Quite surprising. total is down to 51. Money lines are +145 for the road team and -165 for the Blue Raiders.

I love the under here. Especially with the new clock rules.

Great to hear LaRon Dendy's & Jeff Littlejohn's acceptance speeches. Really fun personalities. You could see how honored everyone was to be inducted into MT's HOF.

From pics I saw of the parade and Grove, looks like a good turnout. Hopefully that translates to the stands.

i actually think the refs have the under, not kidding either

I'm attending my MT home game in like 10 year on the Wednesday night game. What's the details on the end zone beer garden? Are those extra tickets?

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
Our OL is shite.

They get no push on the ground. They are easily schemed over on a blitz.

They only ground game we have is finesse misdirections and traps.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT