Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
image_handler.aspx

ESPN matchup predictor

Last edited:
Reactions: Raiders_55
Sadly we were so bad yesterday that even if we played twice as better, I can easily see us being 0-6 heading in to homecoming with WKU. Wow.

This season started as badly as I can remember in my 4 decades of season ticket holding. I've heard the same stuff over and over again, after a season opening loss way too many times, especially under this particular head coach. Credibility is in tatters. Win this weekend maybe I'll listen to what is said. Lose, and you can't pay me to listen to what is said.

Reactions: Raiders_55
Sadly we were so bad yesterday that even if we played twice as better, I can easily see us being 0-6 heading in to homecoming with WKU. Wow.
Playing twice better would mean we get 250 yards. LOL. That still won't be enough to win games I think.

This season started as badly as I can remember in my 4 decades of season ticket holding. I've heard the same stuff over and over again, after a season opening loss way too many times, especially under this particular head coach. Credibility is in tatters. Win this weekend maybe I'll listen to what is said. Lose, and you can't pay me to listen to what is said.

Exaclty. His a$$ has been here for 16+ years. What lessons does he need to learn now? It's the admin that needs the lessons apparently.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
This team just has too many holes. Losing 4 of 5 starters on the OL and then not having good players to replace them is untenable. And even if we did find some young studs to play on the OL, they would probably just transfer out anyway like everyone else seems to want to do. We lost a ton of good players (Really, our best remaining players) who transferred out.

This team is devoid of talent. Losing a game is no big deal. But when you don't have the talent then how do you have a successful season ? We looked so bad we made JMU look like Alabama and Centeio the Heisman front runner.

OL is completely useless. Our QB is undersized, has less mobility due to injury history, and doesn't have any time to throw anyway. RB is what it always is. Mediocre at best and even if they were good we have no OL to block for them. Offense is just a disaster. They couldn't execute because the OL couldn't block anybody. That's not going to change with a few days of practice.

Defense wasn't that much better. First quarter was good. Defensive Line played well....I like the Damonte Smith kid a lot and believe he can develop into an all conference type of player (if he sticks around, that is). Linebackers were terrible (when's Jonathan Butler coming back???). The Towson transfer is a decent tackler but literally looks like he is 5'5. All the rest look flat footed, out of position, and slow. Lastly, the DB's got completely smoked. Centeio tossed 6 TD passes on them. Enough said. End of story. Terrible.

Team is bad. Really bad. They will struggle to win 1-2 games with the OL completely overmatched in all but a few games. Knowing Stockstill they will win 4 games (3 of them in late November/December against the worst of the worst) and it will be spun as a great job because of how bad the team played weeks 1 through 9. Then in the off season, any player that had any success and looks like they could be a key guy for us will transfer out. (See Jurriente Davis, Gregory Grate, Quincy Riley, Dorian Hinton, Lance Robinson, Steven Losoya, etc.)

McPhee, Massaro, Stockstill all have literally no shame. None. No respect for MT or anything but those fat checks they keep cashing. If they had an ounce of shame they would resign in failure and never show their faces again in Murfreesboro. It's criminal what's happening at MT and throughout MT athletics. They would have been fired and blackballed long ago in the private sector. Lucky for them they are protected by bureaucratic processes and bullshit.

Last edited:
I think our only hope might be multiple blowouts and a terrible year. Even the most die hard fans will disappear at some point and I can’t help but think the administration will be forced into a change. So while it sucks to pack it in after one game, I think this program need to get destroyed every game for it to have a chance to rebuild.

Do Massaro or Stockstill even have an ounce of respect for the quality of their work? How bad must it suck to know you are terrible at your job but can’t move on. Imagine laying down at night knowing you have destroyed a program and fan base.

They can't afford to fire Stockstill. The buyout is still more than 3 million after this season which we simply can't afford. If we paid the 3 million buyout we would have no money left to hire a good coach.

It's a terrible situation to be in. I would prefer to see McPhee & Massaro fired first (immediately) and then Stockstill once we can afford it. Only other option (and it is the option I would take) is completely humiliate Stockstill to the point he decides to retire/leave. Promote Shafer to head coach and make Stockstill clean toilets.

Reactions: ewglenn
We’re not firing Stock no matter how bad we are this season. 3 million is way too much for us to pay. Maybe Stock would hang it up if we went 1-11. That’s what I’m hoping for.

We’re not firing Stock no matter how bad we are this season. 3 million is way too much for us to pay. Maybe Stock would hang it up if we went 1-11. That’s what I’m hoping for.

I don't think that would even do it. CM would make some deal so he can retire with a winning record. The buddy system is just too strong with the 3 stooges.

He should've retired after last year. On a high note. And 101-98 looks better than both being over 100.

• Sad
Here’s what’s crazy.

Rick could come out next week and dominate. Dude always wins one or two that makes you scratch your head.

It is part of that recipe that keeps him just a hair above the line to warrant an extension in the past.

Here’s what’s crazy.

Rick could come out next week and dominate. Dude always wins one or two that makes you scratch your head.

It is part of that recipe that keeps him just a hair above the line to warrant an extension in the past.
I just have a feeling this year is different. This is going to get bad.

Reactions: Hop45
Stock has to be humiliated to the point he walks away. It’s the only way to get him out of here. The pressure needs to be amped up by everyone including the administration to let him know we expect better.

Reactions: ewglenn
My expectations are minimal after Saturdays beat down. I fully expect a loss at Ft. Collins. TSU is going to be a tough out. They took a loss at Eastern Washington and now they have Jackson St. I assume they will be 0-2 when they arrive in the Boro. They will be so angry and they will come to play. We had better get it fixed or 0-6 is looking real.

MidTennMtneer is spot on with 0-6 being real.​

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
At the end of the day I’ll still be there 9/17 to support my team. That was a tough one to swallow and the fan base should do whatever they think is necessary to get a point across to the administration. One positive out of that was the amount of fans taking to social media to voice frustrations. I imagine a 1-11 season would be extremely hard for Rick to justify staying. Sadly the post about the game were some of the most “fan engagement” posts I’ve seen on Twitter since I’ve been a fan.

Correlation to above post. MT at JMU thread, setting at 8k viewings. Compared to MT vs Michigan State basketball thread 9k viewings. Holy cow that shows the concern & anger! Great pickup ewglenn

I'm sure the coach's show will be full of important information this week with lots of tough questions. Stinkstill makes enough money that he has to answer tough questions. Right?

Reactions: MTLynn
Monday press conference was as expected; softball questions from Chip and Sam. Stock gave an analysis that most of the armchair coaches on this board could see. It would be nice to have someone from the DNJ, Tennessean or even here asking questions.

Jordan managed to give their QB a little extra motivation, not that he will need it.

I'm sure the coach's show will be full of important information this week with lots of tough questions. Stinkstill makes enough money that he has to answer tough questions. Right?
Then Stinky will head on over to the Greg Pogue and John Burton show where they will “Good buddy it up” for 20 minutes. Never once getting into any hard hitting journalism. Don’t understand Burton just sitting there and letting CRS go on about competing, making plays, and trying to find a run game, without asking him anything halfway tough. I used to listen to that show but when McSorro and Stock are on there they bring nothing worth hearing.
Be interesting next week. Isn’t Pogue TSU PxP guy?

• Haha
I just have a feeling this year is different. This is going to get bad.
I'm starting to wonder if the repercussions of stocks coaching and recruiting combined with a few years of the transfer portal are starting to become fully realized?

Then Stinky will head on over to the Greg Pogue and John Burton show where they will “Good buddy it up” for 20 minutes. Never once getting into any hard hitting journalism. Don’t understand Burton just sitting there and letting CRS go on about competing, making plays, and trying to find a run game, without asking him anything halfway tough. I used to listen to that show but when McSorro and Stock are on there they bring nothing worth hearing.
Be interesting next week. Isn’t Pogue TSU PxP guy?
Thats disappointing. Pogue used to push the envelope when needed. Though I did not know he was still around, he may be in 'collecting an easy paycheck' mode like most of MT Football and Administration now.

Jordan has to slow down on the extra motivation talk. The QB for CSU is in his first full year starting. He transferred in with the coach from Nevada along with 13 or so other players. Nevada had 8 wins last year losing to Western Mich in a bowl game. CSU Is a team built like WKU last year. We would have to be perfect on Saturday to collect a W. During stocks presser today I felt like He was listing off all the excuses he could find. Then he says it’s not excuses just facts. Seems like a deeper problem here. Coach will not admit to that.

Expecting a terrible loss. Stockstill is dug in and refuses to leave

These pressers are flat out embarrassing. Does ANY local media, REAL media, even bother to show up for these things. Seriously, it’s like watching old re-runs of Wayne’s World from their basement. Only two questions asked, from staff employees, and then he blows out of there like it was an inconvenient requirement of his contract.

Last edited:
These pressers are flat out embarrassing. Does ANY local media, REAL media, even bother to show up for these things. Seriously, it’s like watching old re-runs of Wayne’s World from their basement. Only two questions asked, from staff employees, and then he blows out of there like it was an inconvenient requirement of his contract.
Can't believe you even watch these things. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT