ADVERTISEMENT

Massaro Football Concerns

...APSU Football finally got it right! They won their first OVC Championship since Boots in 1977 (yes our very own Boots) and are going to the FCS Playoffs this weekend for the first time ever. APSU dropped scholarship football for about ten years (1997-2006) and were FCS independent. Winless seasons. Embarrassing facilities until Fortera Credit Union became a named sponsor. They have a good coach and their previous coach handed us a bad loss at Charlotte to ruin our season. This year, had we played APSU they could have given us a game,’and perhaps win.....

We hired Boots after the '78 season to come home rebuild a once proud MT football program that had become complete trash in the late seventies. I too fear that MT football is not too far from falling into the same mess as it was under Ben Hurt. Boots was hired away from Peay and he is still the last coach to win an outright conference title, even twenty years after he stepped down as coach. That alone speaks to how bad the culture has become.

I would certainly welcome the current Peay coach as the next MT coach, we should be so lucky.

After today, I am expecting a press conference from Cope or Murphy.

Reboot the whole damn thing.

Tolbert - replaced
Stock - Have some self respect man. Don't continue to drive a program into the damn ground. Get out while you still can.
Assistant Coaches - relieved

We SHOULD DEMAND MORE.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT